Wiki: Calling for Help!

help

9 replies to this topic

#1 Onionnion

Lua Teacher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

I'd like to ask for help that people may come and help work on the ComputerCraft Wiki. Currently there are many issues with it, including messiness and grammar and spelling problems. Currently I am thinking up and drafting a wiki guideline of which for people to contribute by which will include things such as writing information, how things are used, and how they work, and not necessarily writing guides but to write what a wiki is for: information, a reference manual in a way. If you have the time please do drop by and make an account and make some fixes if you find any; the wiki does indeed need work!

EDIT: I created a Wiki Todo page, please refer to there for any changes needed. Either discuss there on the discussion tabs or on here about changes and such.

#2 Zalerinian

• New Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

I agree. I do intend to try and update the wiki as I learn more, as it is a valuable part in learning how to sue the complex mod. I use it all the time to figure out how to do things.

#3 Advert

Custom Title

• Moderators
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

If there was some kind of index of needed things, then that'd make contributing a lot easier.

It'd probably take a considerable amount of effort to put that together, though.

#4 Onionnion

Lua Teacher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostAdvert, on 01 May 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

If there was some kind of index of needed things, then that'd make contributing a lot easier.

It'd probably take a considerable amount of effort to put that together, though.

Good idea, will work on that tomorrow.

#5 Onionnion

Lua Teacher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

Alright, here's some of what I could find that needs work:
API Pages needing proper format:
The Bit API page is what I'd like to use as a general formatting guide and example for API pages, as well as its functions for individual function pages as each function should be able to have its own individual function, although that can be debated to whether or not functions should be on the page of the API or on its own page; so far I think individual pages are working better.
  • HTTP (Needs formatting and function pages)
  • OS (I'll work on this one)
  • Parallel (Can probably wait)
  • Peripheral (Mostly needs pages for functions)
  • Rednet (Just minor formatting issues with the links; not urgent)
  • Redstone (Needs pages for 3 functions)
  • Table (Needs link to Lua reference page)
  • Term (Needs function pages)
  • Textutils (Needs function pages)
  • Vector (Needs link to page explaining or description explaining what a vector is)
Alright, that's all I could get together for the short time I have, I will add more later.

EDIT: The Function template is what should be used for functions. Please use this for those pages.

#6 Hawk777

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

Oh, thank you :)/> (considering I did the bit API pages). I'm kind of busy right now, but I had been planning to look at the rest of the APIs as well (I did up to but not including HTTP, in alphabetical order, but GPS has been added since then). Feel free to take over though; I'm glad to have some help!

#7 Onionnion

Lua Teacher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostHawk777, on 05 May 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

Oh, thank you :)/> (considering I did the bit API pages). I'm kind of busy right now, but I had been planning to look at the rest of the APIs as well (I did up to but not including HTTP, in alphabetical order, but GPS has been added since then). Feel free to take over though; I'm glad to have some help!
Good, thank you. The page mostly needs proper formatting and pages for its functions

#8 Rwkeith

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

I'd like to contribute. If I can help, let me know.

#9 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

For the vector part: Is LaTEX or something similar supported for formatting?

#10 Onionnion

Lua Teacher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

View PostRwkeith, on 06 May 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

I'd like to contribute. If I can help, let me know.
Anyone can to anything on the Wiki's ToDo list.

View PostXfel, on 07 May 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

For the vector part: Is LaTEX or something similar supported for formatting?
I'm not sure about anything Vector, try asking on the IRC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users