Swarm Miner - Quarry Up Where You Want. Version 2.0

turtle wireless

215 replies to this topic

#161 Zierk11001

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

ok, was just curious i'll try it on my ultimate server instead :)

Thanks for the help everyone! BTW Had disk drive as well sorry. Followed the image tutorial verbatim, but if it is an API issue then no worries.

#162 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

I can fix that rather easily. Its just i didn't think about people on 1.5 or older using this code ;p

There you go - added special case for when there were no wired modems. fixed.

Run
 disk/startup update 
on your swarminer disk to download latest version

That fix for exactly 0.1 version of difference - before 1.5 my code don't make any sense - after 1.5.1 it worked perfectly - you fit rather narrow window of user-base!;D Hope you find Swarm Quarry to your liking and check out my other break programs.
Right down there in my signature. [Shameless Advertisement]

Edited by wojbie, 09 November 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#163 Zierk11001

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

Worked like a charm, tyvm

edit: and thank you for quick replies.

Edited by Zierk11001, 09 November 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#164 Simon

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

bios:333: [string "swarminer"]:26: no loop to break

bios:333: [string "swarminer"]:31: no loop to break

swarminer:1509: attempt to index ? (a boolean value) press any key to continue

#165 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostSimon, on 10 November 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

bios:333: [string "swarminer"]:26: no loop to break

bios:333: [string "swarminer"]:31: no loop to break

swarminer:1509: attempt to index ? (a boolean value) press any key to continue

Fixed Fixed and Fixed

Run
 disk/startup update 

Note that this only updates disk - you need to reinstall swarminer and/or scanner from disk on all devices you wish to update.

Edited by wojbie, 10 November 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#166 HeffeD

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

View Postwojbie, on 10 November 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

Fixed Fixed and Fixed

Third one is not fixed. I just got almost the exact same error.
swarminer:1509: attempt to index ? (a boolean value)

This happened right after the turtle determined its position, and started moving. It moved two blocks forward from its starting position on top of the disk drive and encountered this error. If I restart the turtle, it will find its position and move one block forward and then give the same error.

#167 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostHeffeD, on 10 November 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

View Postwojbie, on 10 November 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

Fixed Fixed and Fixed

Third one is not fixed. I just got almost the exact same error.
swarminer:1509: attempt to index ? (a boolean value)

This happened right after the turtle determined its position, and started moving. It moved two blocks forward from its starting position on top of the disk drive and encountered this error. If I restart the turtle, it will find its position and move one block forward and then give the same error.

Tx for catch - i updated wrong version of program to pastebin ;p fixed.

Run
 disk/startup update 

Note that this only updates disk - you need to reinstall swarminer and/or scanner from disk on all devices you wish to update.

#168 HeffeD

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

There's still an issue with multiple turtles mining the same sector.

These two are mining the same sector 1x1:
{["layer"]=2,["loc"]={["x"]=1,["z"]=1,},["pos"]={["y"]=63,["x"]=1488,["z"]=-609,["zd"]=-1,["xd"]=0,},["run"]=true,["fuel"]=1084,["id"]=0,}
{["layer"]=2,["loc"]={["x"]=1,["z"]=1,},["pos"]={["y"]=63,["x"]=1488,["z"]=-609,["zd"]=-1,["xd"]=0,},["run"]=true,["fuel"]=143,["id"]=19,}

And these two are mining sector 2x2:
{["layer"]=2,["loc"]={["x"]=2,["z"]=2,},["pos"]={["y"]=63,["x"]=1496,["z"]=-617,["zd"]=-1,["xd"]=0,},["run"]=true,["fuel"]=43625,["id"]=4,}
{["layer"]=2,["loc"]={["x"]=2,["z"]=2,},["pos"]={["y"]=63,["x"]=1496,["z"]=-617,["zd"]=-1,["xd"]=0,},["run"]=true,["fuel"]=177,["id"]=18,}

ID's 18 and 19 were the last two turtles sent out, so I don't know why they would choose to pick sectors already being mined. I terminated ID 19 and sent it out again, and it went to the sector that the second turtle I sent out is mining (sector 2x1)... While I was doing this, ID 18 has corrected itself and is now mining its own sector.

I watched 19 for a while to see if it would correct itself, but when it got down to layer 8, (lots of air mining) I figured it wasn't going to. So I terminated it and brought it back to the start again. After deleting all of the files from its folder and sending it out again, it went right back to sector 2x1, that it was mining previously. So I guess it really wants to make sure the previous turtle did a good job mining that sector...

#169 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

Well how far away are other turtles from this one?
IF he don't get synchronization data he will assume nothing is mined - try placing him closer to his brothers then activating him.

Thats what i see in this logs - they didn't synchronize with swarm. - they did synchronize with each-other.

#170 HeffeD

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

View Postwojbie, on 10 November 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

Well how far away are other turtles from this one?

My deployment point is 5 blocks from the start of the quarry, and I do 8 block sectors, so the maximum horizontal distance to the first turtle would be 13 blocks away.

And even though those last two turtles were ID's 18 and 19. I only use 10 mining turtles. It doesn't take very long to deploy 10 turtles, even if I'm putting enderchests in them. The first turtle definitely hasn't completed mining its first layer by the time the tenth turtle is deployed. So even if it had been raining, (and it wasn't) the final two turtles would have been within broadcast range of the closest turtle.

#171 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

OK i have completely no idea why is it happening then. Sorry i simply can duplicate this problem no matter how many times i try.

#172 Cozzimoto

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationDallas, Tx

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

since you have several programs running on different turtles and such. Suggestion: maybe add in a debug tool where the system logs things in a single file, might help you out wojbie in trying to recreate problems and pin point what problems other people are having by having them submit there debug info

#173 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:22 AM

Cozzimoto while i understand idea of making a debug file problem is that
  • With amount of data that turtles synchronize even with 4 turtles you would run out of turtle drive space in like 30-40 sec.
  • No matter how hard i try said problem always fixes itself in my tests - on different versions of computer-craft ect. Sometimes it takes 2 sec sometimes it takes a min.
  • I Find that a low priority error - its not a problem with whole Swarm and it should auto-correct itself in long run. This program was never supposed to be fuel efficient or max speed.
  • I am currently working on other programs of mine. Swarm Miner got put on back-burner for now. Its working and its working good.

#174 Cozzimoto

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationDallas, Tx

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:32 AM

Spoiler
Ah i gotcha wojbie, i didnt know how flooded rednet is with your program so i just thought id try and help out. Is there a limit on how much you can send through rednet at a time, when i try and make programs with wireless capability i usually try and use the least bandwith as possible. is that a bad thing? and if i do create something i find uses alot of bandwith, How do you come to control it all?

#175 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:58 AM

This is minimal bandwidth use. I have 2 types of signals going around - small and big.
Small signal is current job/layer/position and is send out every 2 sec.
Long signal is Small+Order(includes map of whole area.) every 10 sec.
Each time each turtle receives one signal he needs to analyze it and if collision/queue is detected act on it.
So while signals are small recording analyze and decision of every turtle every time other turtle send some data out is a n(n-1) problem.
So that amount of data would fill up faster more turtles there are.

The small/long signal duo is created to minimize bandwidth use - small is essential and long is for synchronization.
As for effects of sending large amount of data? This could lead to small lag on server. There is reason I said that you should not make quarry's larger than 30 turtles ;p

#176 Zierk11001

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

Getting the same no such method isWireless from parallel:22 once you setup the turtle's inventory with the 2 ender chests. It takes 1 step forward then errors.

http://i.imgur.com/yFDs0Qa.png

Edited by Zierk11001, 11 November 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#177 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostZierk11001, on 11 November 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

Getting the same no such method isWireless from parallel:22 once you setup the turtle's inventory with the 2 ender chests. It takes 1 step forward then errors.

http://i.imgur.com/yFDs0Qa.png

Missed that one line - fixed!

Run
 disk/startup update 

#178 HeffeD

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

This is a new one.

0:Eparallel:22: scanner:295: attempt to concatenate string and nil

This happened when I started the scanner before sending out any turtles. After sending out the turtles and restarting the scanner, it worked as it should. Altough oddly enough, I ordinarily start the scanner first and have never seen this error before. Even using the same program version.

And FYI, the ninth turtle I sent out again decided to mine a sector already being mined, although this time, the tenth turtle went to its own sector.

#179 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:19 AM

Fixed - I forgot to check my input in one place.

Also on side note as a test next time when turtle goes to area that is been mined already can you let it go - wait few min and see if it will auto-correct.

Run
 disk/startup update 

#180 Simon

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

Mua Ha Ha Ha!

(this is very exciting)

Posted Image

8 turtles going on a 120x120 pit im diging for nix. How long do you think it will take?

Edited by Simon, 21 November 2013 - 09:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users