#181 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostSimon, on 21 November 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

Mua Ha Ha Ha!

(this is very exciting)

8 turtles going on a 120x120 pit im diging for nix. How long do you think it will take?

Heh hard to predict... never exactly timed this program + it kinda depends if mobs will spawn ;p Also try not to walk in front/up/down of operating end of turtle - they are rather aggressive when mining and moving :D What i can predict is that it will be a big hole :P

Edited by wojbie, 22 November 2013 - 09:30 AM.

#182 Cozzimoto

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationDallas, Tx

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

View PostSimon, on 21 November 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

-snip-

yea im curious to know how long the entire project takes as well as a screenshot of the finished hole (just for awe and lolz)

#183 MadVirus

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:25 AM

Hello,

im paling on a Multiplayer FTB Ultimate Server with CC v1.5(rev887) and have a problem with this script.
At the moment im using AustinKK's script because i couldnt get yours to work.

I did all the Things from the Picture tutorial but if i start the Turtle it sometimes beginn digging for a while and than he stop and spin around until its out of fuel, or he runs around in emty spaces like hes checking the area but dont digg anything.

What do i wrong?

greetings

#184 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

This sounds like there is a problem with gps system in area - turtle is getting wrong coordinates. Or you entered wrong data during startup.

In future please provide contents of current.log file inside of bugged turtle. It contains data i can use to track down problem.

Edited by wojbie, 24 November 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#185 saqr

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

Hi i have a problem with that program. My gps is working fine (i think), and my turtle move 2 blocks from disk drive and start spinning, when i right click him he show that he is mining. Can you make screen shot tutorial how to make, a proper gps system ?

#186 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

View Postwojbie, on 24 November 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

Please provide contents of current.log file inside of bugged turtle. It contains data i can use to track down problem.

Edited by wojbie, 25 November 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#187 Anavrins

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

View Postsaqr, on 25 November 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

Hi i have a problem with that program. My gps is working fine (i think), and my turtle move 2 blocks from disk drive and start spinning, when i right click him he show that he is mining. Can you make screen shot tutorial how to make, a proper gps system ?
Here's how to set a proper GPS, because a lot of people does the same error every time.

In the debug-menu, (F3) there are those coordinates, example;
x: -132,34392 (-133) // ......
y: 65,000 (feet pos, 66,620 eyes pos)
z: 212,16781 (212) // .....

In order for the gps api to give you the right coordinate, when you're setting up your GPSes, you must always use
the coordinates (between parentheses) for X and Z only, the Y doesn't matter unless you're standing over your
computer when setting up the coords, then you would subtract 1 from the Y.
So for the above example, while standing on top of the computer, you would input "gps host -133 64 212" in the GPSes.

Edited by Anavrins, 25 November 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#188 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

This here is a decent guide as to how to position the multiple systems required for GPS to function.

#189 honsbeekiejj

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

hmm anyone else has this problem where turtle's don't see if there is another turtle mining an area already?

#190 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

View Posthonsbeekiejj, on 27 November 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

hmm anyone else has this problem where turtle's don't see if there is another turtle mining an area already?
IT should detect collision of order eventualy and move on. I never had it take more that 30 sec but pepole reported it may take up to 3-4 min.

Edited by wojbie, 27 November 2013 - 11:15 AM.

#191 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

Just testing, pretty amazing!
Just a couple questions:
-When I drop in fuel (in the form of coal) it doesnt eat it like it does inpicture guide. Havent seen a turtle run out of fuel yet so I can't tell you what happens when it's empty.
-If a mob is in the way, will the turtle kill it and move on without getting stuck?

#192 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostApemanzilla, on 29 November 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

-When I drop in fuel (in the form of coal) it doesnt eat it like it does inpicture guide. Havent seen a turtle run out of fuel yet so I can't tell you what happens when it's empty.
Refueling system got inproved from time guide was made. Right now turtle will not overeat - it will only eat fuel it needs and leave rest.

-If a mob is in the way, will the turtle kill it and move on without getting stuck?
They are killing everything that is in the way of movement during mining. So it will not only kill mobs in the way - it will collect all drops from said mobs. I tend to get some slimes from my quarries from time to time. Some gunpowder sometimes ;p But watch out. They will attack and kill you too if you get in the way.

#193 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

View Postwojbie, on 30 November 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

Refueling system got inproved from time guide was made. Right now turtle will not overeat - it will only eat fuel it needs and leave rest.

They are killing everything that is in the way of movement during mining. So it will not only kill mobs in the way - it will collect all drops from said mobs. I tend to get some slimes from my quarries from time to time. Some gunpowder sometimes ;p But watch out. They will attack and kill you too if you get in the way.

Hmm... When it started spamming "0," as it tried to start mining, I dropped in some fuel but it didn't touch any of it.

Edit: Also, can I revamp this a bit? (Fixing the spelling, making it a bit faster, etc...) I'd give you most of the credit of course.

Nice to see mobs are handled - some other quarry programs get stuck on mobs and then fall out of place when trying to mine.

Edited by Apemanzilla, 30 November 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#194 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:57 AM

View PostApemanzilla, on 30 November 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

Hmm... When it started spamming "0," as it tried to start mining, I dropped in some fuel but it didn't touch any of it.

Than thats a bug - adding to todo list - thanks for report.

Edit: Also, can I revamp this a bit? (Fixing the spelling, making it a bit faster, etc...) I'd give you most of the credit of course.

Nice to see mobs are handled - some other quarry programs get stuck on mobs and then fall out of place when trying to mine.
How big revamp are we talking here? What changes are you considering adding? (Spelling mistakes? Damn i thought i got them all)
I must say i feel iffy about idea. Could you go in bit more detail?

As for mobs - thats part of my position keeping movement code that i made. :D its in my all turtle programs ;p

#195 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

View Postwojbie, on 01 December 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

Than thats a bug - adding to todo list - thanks for report.

How big revamp are we talking here? What changes are you considering adding? (Spelling mistakes? Damn i thought i got them all)
I must say i feel iffy about idea. Could you go in bit more detail?

As for mobs - thats part of my position keeping movement code that i made. :D its in my all turtle programs ;p
Well, I noticed that the pathfinding often leads turtles into caves where they waste all their fuel trying to get out, which could be avoided by having the turtles go up to the surface before trying to pathfind back to dropoff. Also, the cobble dropping feature doesnt always work, which I could fix - it would drop 63 every time slot 1 is full. And instead of immediately dropping everything into the dropoff chest, it checks if it's a valid fuel and then drops fuels into the top chest. The fuel system works, but often runs out of fuel when pathfinding, so better calculation could be used here. Finally, sometimes turtles seem to... disappear... leaving the given sector unfinished, so maybe if the system hasnt heard from a certain turtle in over 1000 seconds or so, they go and redo that sector.

If you want, I can help you fix the program and make it more usable, or you can on your own. Just tell me what to do :P

Edit: Also, on a more "revamp" not instead of just fixes, color/mouse support could be nice for the scanner at least.

Edit 2: Instead of spamming 0 or having to press "enter" after giving it an item, you could pull the "turtle_inventory" event, which fires whenever someone adds/removes an item from the turtle's inventory.

Edited by Apemanzilla, 01 December 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#196 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

OK i see you given some thought in the plan. Feel free to revamp it. Truthfully i kinda lost my drive to work on this program anymore.
there are some comments in code so you should not be going in blank.

Here are links to all subprograms that come in swarminer pack:
Floppy Disk(startup)="LXLBZK25",
Swarminer="2h1RmbAR",
Swarmstart(Top Level Coroutine Overwrite)="aFgPSyGe",
scanner="4wgEDymE",

and extras that where never finished:
cycle="7tWnxwLU",
recovery="pPqghm6F",
fastgps="4xanbDSX"

Hope you have fun working with it.
Also i ask you to give credit to me in all files you end up releasing that contain my code.
I will be watching to see what you do with this thing. ;p good luck

#197 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

View Postwojbie, on 01 December 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

OK i see you given some thought in the plan. Feel free to revamp it. Truthfully i kinda lost my drive to work on this program anymore.
there are some comments in code so you should not be going in blank.

Here are links to all subprograms that come in swarminer pack:
Floppy Disk(startup)="LXLBZK25",
Swarminer="2h1RmbAR",
Swarmstart(Top Level Coroutine Overwrite)="aFgPSyGe",
scanner="4wgEDymE",

and extras that where never finished:
cycle="7tWnxwLU",
recovery="pPqghm6F",
fastgps="4xanbDSX"

Hope you have fun working with it.
Also i ask you to give credit to me in all files you end up releasing that contain my code.
I will be watching to see what you do with this thing. ;p good luck
Once I start on it, I'll be putting new versions onto my dropbox, and theyll be public. If you have one, I can share it with you and youll be able to edit them as well.

I may look into using ApeNet instead of rednet to make long-distance communication easier

Edited by Apemanzilla, 01 December 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#198 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

View PostApemanzilla, on 01 December 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Once I start on it, I'll be putting new versions onto my dropbox, and theyll be public. If you have one, I can share it with you and youll be able to edit them as well.

I may look into using ApeNet instead of rednet to make long-distance communication easier
I am kinda using my own communication scheme directly on modem peripheral. and top level overwrite remowes rednet coroutine to lessen amount of treads that get events. So that would require a lot of rewiring.

#199 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

View Postwojbie, on 01 December 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

View PostApemanzilla, on 01 December 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

I am kinda using my own communication scheme directly on modem peripheral. and top level overwrite remowes rednet coroutine to lessen amount of treads that get events. So that would require a lot of rewiring.
Ok, I'll leave that for a later time then.

Do you have a Dropbox account?

Edited by Apemanzilla, 01 December 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#200 HunterG22

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:33 PM

Is there anyway you can make it compatible with an endertank for fuel in the second slot?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users