Dead Simple Railcraft Tank Monitoring

83 replies to this topic

#81 greystripe3

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:04 AM

Whenever I try this out, I get this error server-side whenever it establishes a connection. (Sorry for the massive bump)
Posted Image

Edited by greystripe3, 23 April 2016 - 03:07 AM.

#82 Forgotten_Boy

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:34 AM

I haven't run this in a while... What's your versions? Of Minecraft, OpenPeripherals, Railcraft...
It looks like the error is on getTankInfo, which suggests something has changed since my program was written.

#83 greystripe3

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:38 AM

I threw railcraft into Tekkit (mc 1.6.4, not tekkit legends) and tried running this, and this is what I got :/ Ill try tomorrow, and see what i get.

Edited by greystripe3, 23 April 2016 - 05:38 AM.

#84 rasikkes

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:07 AM

Hi,

I've tried all the versions of this program and them not working fine for me, but i loved the idea and the simple layout of this program so i've tried to make the program working good for me.

It took me 2 days of trying and testing and now the program does finally what i wanted.

The first thing i did was to make the program proof for crashing on empty tanks, so i made a check if tank["contents"] is nil or not. If it's nil then the tank is empty and conaints no fluid.

Also i fixed the tank conains nil issue, it now displays the amount in the tank.

And i made some changes in the text output and removed a term.clearline() cause it was doeing that on the advanced monitor and not on the computer's own screen.

This works for me on minecraft 1.7.10, computercraft 1.75, open Peripherals 1.3, Railcraft 9.12.2.0

Here is my version of tankmon

http://pastebin.com/p5XEWFw4

In CC's advanced computer (tank and server) do

pastebin get p5XEWFw4 tankmon

and run it, first run the server and then the client(s)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users