Whos Excited For Computercrafts Push To Minecraft 1.7

9 replies to this topic

#1 jay5476

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

well as we all know we expect an update for computer craft to at least port to 1.7

my favourite thing about this is /setblock+ the ability to actually change the command using computers :)
eg. this code should clear a 10x10 area behind the computer
localm cBlock = peripheral.wrap("bottom")
local w,l = 10,10
for x = 1, w do
  for y = 1, l do
    for h = 1, 256 do
     cBlock.setCommand("/setblock ~"..3+x.." ~"..h.." ~"..y.." minecraft_air 0 replace")
	 cBlock.runCommand()
	end
  end
end

what do you hope comes in the update

#2 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

Same here :P
Some time ago someone posted turtle printing from mc-edit .schematic file.
Think about connecting that to your code :D
Putting .schematic info a map without stopping server - now that would be a one nice code.

Also /testforblock would allow to some nice "server security" codes

#3 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

I can't wait for 1.7 'cause of some changes to the CC API which will fix a problem I discovered that currently causes problems with peripherals.

#4 Engineer

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

This is a patch that will take it's time. Because forge can't update because minecraft isn't obfuscated yet. Mojang added about 500k lines and changed a lot.. and not to mention minecon is coming up, people we go there and delays everything.

Don't expect it any time soon.

#5 PixelToast

• Signature Abuser
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location3232235883

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

im not too exited, im still using 1.5.2 :P
and with immibissss peripherals i can do much much more than setting and getting blocks

#6 augustas656

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

Ahem, ahem, ahem...

You can already literally create contraptions that give the game features as if it was a simple mod, with computer craft + scoreboard systems + commands and command blocks, ahem, ahem... It's, it's, it's just, you will be able to do, so, SO many things. First thing I'm gonna do is create a system that allows you to shoot magic balls for mana and stamina, fire ball, ice ball, ice blast, fire blast, explosive ball, explosion blast, and then I'm gonna make staves from blaze rods, sticks and some other stuff. I'm gonna make a texture pack that changes a stick's texture to a wooden staff, and blaze texture to a gold staff. I'm GONNA DO SO MUCH!!!

How long do you reckon it's gonna be until the port to 1.7?

#7 Engineer

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

At this point Dan200 is probably porting his code to 1.7.2
That is indicated by: http://www.computerc...utercraft-1-63/

Just play the waiting game :P

#8 augustas656

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:21 AM

I think most supremacy will be when computers work with the new scoreboards systems and command block features. I might write my own API for creating one's own line of code to be imported into a command block, making it a lot easier for creations. I'ma make databases that contain entity ids and I will make wither skulls follow snowballs (magic balls), and get info when a wither skull stops moving. At which point, for example, a primed tnt will be teleported to that wither skull, and the wither skull deleted, at which point the entity id of the wither skull will be deleted.

Seriously, just look at what you can already do with command blocks without computercraft, check out Dragnoz's channel, the UNLIMITED possiblities with computers added to the mix, it's a dream come true for a person like me. ^_^

EDIT: Oh, entity ids, I think that's actually further than 1.7.2, :C, well when dan says 1.7, hopefully possibly perhaps with the features that do have them, because if I recall correctly, 1.7.2 doesn't have them yet. Well, 1.7.2 had a lot of lines of code changed, I don't think it's likely to be so for 1.8, so it may update faster for 1.8. :)

Edited by augustas656, 17 April 2014 - 12:24 AM.

#9 Alice

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostPixelToast, on 27 October 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

im not too exited, im still using 1.5.2 :P/>
and with immibissss peripherals i can do much much more than setting and getting blocks
Your server, if it ever gets back up, should be a 1.6.4 server, at least.

I'm excited for...
Lemme get back to you if I happen to find anything I'm excited for.

Edited by Death, 17 April 2014 - 03:17 PM.

#10 Shrooblord

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

Boy, I know I'm excited - I'm already messing about with Applied Energistics 2 - but imagine the collaboration potential with ComputerCraft... great Scott!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users