Creative Only Fuel Editor.

5 replies to this topic

#1 CCJJSax

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

In some programs you need to test what said program would do if it has under a specific amount of fuel, and some that do something differently if it has more than a specific amount of fuel. I think a method to dump out all fuel would be really handy for testing in a creative mode world. at least one that can be spawned in with commands/ NEI.

The fuel adding part is probably less useful, but I have a program that has a UI that displays fuel level. If it gets above a ridiculous amount I have it say "enough" instead of the number amount. but after it gets to that point the only way to test the not-enough-fuel code would be to either make the turtle move in a minecraft circle for a long time.

Final note: I realize that you could put that code on a new turtle, but the problem I have with that is that it could easily get confusing what turtle the latest code is on.

#2 electrodude512

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostCCJJSax, on 31 October 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

Final note: I realize that you could put that code on a new turtle, but the problem I have with that is that it could easily get confusing what turtle the latest code is on.
Put in in .minecraft/mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom/programs/turtle/<program name>
Then the latest code will be on every turtle. This only works in survival.

#3 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:42 AM

View Postelectrodude512, on 31 October 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

Put in in .minecraft/mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom/programs/turtle/(program name)
Then the latest code will be on every turtle. This only works in survival.

This is wrong. Resource packs are used now. Also, resource packs work in all game modes and on both SMP/SSP as long as the specified resource pack is in the resource folder of the server. See this link for more information on creating resource packs.

#4 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

turtle.getFuelLevel = function() return 1234 end

#5 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

Always glad to elaborate for our resident grumpy cat.

Cloudy has the better solution. You can overwrite the turtle.getFuelLevel() function to return the fuel level you wish to test with, using the example above.

#6 CCJJSax

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

View PostCloudy, on 01 November 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

turtle.getFuelLevel = function() return 1234 end

View PostCranium, on 01 November 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

Always glad to elaborate for our resident grumpy cat.

Cloudy has the better solution. You can overwrite the turtle.getFuelLevel() function to return the fuel level you wish to test with, using the example above.

This is true. Good idea!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users