ComputerCraft School of Lua and Rednetary

computer game turtle

6 replies to this topic

#1 dextert88

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

Hi there Im Dexter!

If anyone here has seen NitrogenFingers you will probably be able to follow better what Im saying but basically I had this nice idea for making a ComputerCraft school on a server, except the difference between this and NF's school is that this is much more for beginners, mainly as I am not a pro at this but I just love the idea of sharing the skills I do have and making new contacts. This isn't an announcement this is much more an idea, Im just wondering if anyone would be interested in prehaps being a teacher or a pupil? Just so I have an idea of who will take part in this, of course leave a comment if your interested in becoming a pupil and if you interested in teaching PM me. I will make a new post when and if I decide to go ahead with it.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you like the idea!

Dexter, out!

#2 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:30 AM

There was something a bit like this a while ago called ComputerCraft University. These thing's don't seem to work too well. But if you can pull it off it would be very good for new people.

#3 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:43 AM

oeed, on 19 December 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

There was something a bit like this a while ago called ComputerCraft University. These thing's don't seem to work too well. But if you can pull it off it would be very good for new people.
CCU actually worked quite well, despite a few teachers being, lets say, sub-par. The problem that CCU had was with hosting iirc.

#4 dextert88

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

Yeah its a big project, I hope this can work but like I said id love to share my skills with people new to ComputerCraft.

#5 ikke009

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSliding between sunbeams

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:47 AM

I suggest contacting willwac since he seems to be trying to get a new CCU (or something similar but less informal at least) up and running again. Maybe you two together will be able to figure somtething out :)

#6 Kingdaro

The Doctor

• Members
  • 1,636 posts
  • Location'MURICA

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

theoriginalbit, on 19 December 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

CCU actually worked quite well, despite a few teachers being, lets say, sub-par. The problem that CCU had was with hosting iirc.
The problem was with lost interest. The classes slowly dwindled down in student numbers, and they figured it wasn't worth their time.

Though I feel like the classes were hosted too often and took too much of everyone's time.

#7 awsmazinggenius

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

Yes, these things tend not to work. However, you could try. (I'm not interested in either student or teacher though, at the moment.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users