Turtle Architect v2.0, the ULTIMATE turtle planning/construction/3D-printer software.

150 replies to this topic

#41 Sam_Starfall

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

installed the new update.... when I go to build blueprint in the turtle menu I get ( cTurtle:819: attempt to call nil ) .....?!?!?!

Also the no GPS does not come up but the coordinates come up as all zero's ...LOL

also I found out something interesting..you can choose X+ or Z+ and X- and Z- it reverses the build from right to left and bottom to top respectively.

Update: the Cturtle:819 I think that means not enough fuel because I refueled to 74 thousand and it gave me a new one ....

( cTurtle:510: attempt to index ? (a nil value) which is an attempt to write to "cTurtle data file." ?

Edited by Sam_Starfall, 21 January 2014 - 07:39 PM.

#42 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

I have no idea how you managed that last one, unless you deleted the cTurtle folder while the program was running. I'll do some testing later today.

Entering the wrong direction will as expected cause the turtle to believe that X+ and Z+ are different from where they really are, yes...

Kyperion, on 21 January 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

This might be just me, but the scan function doesn't seem to work? I get a "attempt to perform arithemic on string" message
Fixed :)

Edited by CometWolf, 22 January 2014 - 11:24 AM.

#43 Sam_Starfall

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

if you wish to please come to the server and look it over and see if you can find any problems. it is at
starfall.fluctis.com
I created it specifically to test new computercraft programs and develop new ones in a "real world" like setting. please feel free to jump on anytime. I am usually on after 3 pm eastern time. (US)

Edited by Sam_Starfall, 22 January 2014 - 04:34 PM.

#44 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

It's down, and what modpack is it running?

#45 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

Sam_Starfall, on 21 January 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

the Cturtle:819 I think that means not enough fuel because I refueled to 74 thousand and it gave me a new one ....
this was my bad, forgot that the move up and move down functions are just up and down, not moveUp and moveDown lol...
so fixed :)

#46 Sam_Starfall

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

ok sorry its not down I forgot the port so its ...starfall.fluctis.com:27636
Mod packs include:
Minecraft 1.6.4
MCPC 1.62
Computercraft 1.58
FML v6.4.49.965
Forge 9.11.1.965
ChickenChunks 1.3.3.3
CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.7
so as long as you have this you shouldn't have any problems.

#47 Sam_Starfall

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:05 AM

a question about your cTurtle, you have these lines for the GPS section...

if restarted == "true" or FORCE then
--re-gets coordinates
if peripheral.getType"right" == "modem" then
--via GPS
rednet.open"right"
x,y,z = gps.locate(3)
rednet.close"right"
end

could you not simplify with

if restarted == "true" or FORCE then
--re-gets coordinates
if gps.locate == nil then
x,y,z = gps.locate(5)
end
end

with gps API I don't think you have to manually open the rednet circuit. if the modem is not available you get nil and if there is no gps you get nil.
also what is "FORCE"?
and where did you come up with your direction conversion table idea. that's really interesting, I have been trying to understand how you use it to determine direction.

#48 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

Most of the direction stuff is done in the dirStandardize function. FORCE in the getpos function is the first arg of the function. If it is used, the turtle will recheck it's location again, regardless of wether it had rebooted since last time or not. Otherwise, if it hasn't rebooted since last time it retrived it's position, it will just load it's pos from disk. As for the rednet stuff, idk about the turn on turn off stuff, but gps.locate would never be nil, as that is a function. Also running it without a modem would probably result in an error.

#49 Sam_Starfall

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:34 AM

from the Computercraft wiki ...http://www.computercraft.info/wiki/Gps_(API)
On failure (if no responses are received for timeout seconds, by default 2), returns nil.

#50 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:38 AM

Note that you didn't actually call the function, as you forgot the brackets, which is then just a variable pointing to the function.

#51 Sam_Starfall

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

phase one is completed ....
the blueprint was too big to fit on a disk so i broke it into two parts. will post the pastebins tomorrow.

Edited by Sam_Starfall, 23 January 2014 - 05:44 PM.

#52 Bab

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

For me, there's something very weird going on with saving on the newest version. Clicking save makes half of what I drew disappear, reloading the file only saved one line.
Help?

Edit:
When trying to save a new file, the program crashes with this error:
TurtleArchitect:1844: attempt to compare nil with number
To help debugging: I made a new file, went to Layer > New... and added layer 11. I drew something there, tried to save, crash.

Edited by Bab, 27 January 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#53 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

Right... i made a few changes to the way blueprints are cleared. It now cleans up empty blocks on the same x axis if there is no more blocks on the remainder of the axis, aswell as clearing empty lines all together provided there are no lines with blocks on them after said line. I did however not test this on a clean layer, my bad. I'll go have a look.

Edit: unable to replicate any of the problems. When did you update? As i know the dissapearing part was a result of me testing this new feature, but that was fixed awhile ago. If you got unlucky and updated while i was doing that, i'd suggest just updating again.

Edited by CometWolf, 27 January 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#54 Bab

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

I updated at around 10:30. The problems are fixed now, so I probably was just unlucky.

Edit: Nope, not yet fixed. Try turning on Render Built mode and Grid mode.

Edited by Bab, 27 January 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#55 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

i found one error, unrelated to built mode and gride mode though.
2576, this happened if you loaded/saved a blueprint, then created a new one and attempted to save it. It's been fixed now.
Idk about the error you're talking about though, can't seem to replicate it, unless they were related. Any chance you oculd show me in-game if it still persists?

#56 Bab

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

It saves now, but now this happens again:
Before save:
Posted Image
After save:
Posted Image
After loading again:
Posted Image

Also, I'm running FTB Unleashed 1.1.3 on my server.

Edited by Bab, 27 January 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#57 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

Im on monster 1.0.5 atm, but i'll load up unleashed tomorrow and give it a try, cause this isn't happening to me. could you upload the blueprint to pastebin, so i can get a quick look?

#58 Bab

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:53 PM

Sure.
http://pastebin.com/rYfMaVRE

#59 Bab

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

Hm. I tried moving an empty layer 1 to layer 11 and then everything works fine. However, creating a new layer 11 from a new file causes the odd behaviour I showed. Weird.
Also, trying to overwrite an already existing file using save which I loaded using the commandline now returns the same error as before, but at line 1842.
I have to go now, I'll check back tomorrow :)

Edited by Bab, 27 January 2014 - 06:01 PM.

#60 awsmazinggenius

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

(Damn. I was going to name my Turtle Building Program Architect.)

Nice program, but I would add support for printing from npaintpro in addition to the current features, as that is a popular program that many people already use.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users