Turtle Architect v2.0, the ULTIMATE turtle planning/construction/3D-printer software.

150 replies to this topic

#1 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

Turtle Architect 2.0

VTZ6CqWY
GitHub
-By CometWolf

Attached Image: Skjermbilde.JPG

Turtle Architect allows you to easily plan and draw your Minecraft construction using a CC computer. Then have turtles build them wherever and whenever you desire.

Tutorial

Unique features
Turtle functionality
Blueprint functionality
Layer functionality
Drawing functionality
Visualization and ease of usage
Shortcuts
Code tool documentation. My personal favorite, i recommend any avid user of this software to learn about it.

Edited by CometWolf, 29 January 2016 - 12:57 AM.

#2 Dwayne Dibbley

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:09 AM

Any how to guides? i ran the program and it reported no GPS, i entered the current turtle XYZ and all that is displayed is a White screen with the turtle prompt. rerunning the program goes straight to the white screen / prompt?

MC 1.6.4 with latest CC

Thanks

UPDATE: if i set up a GPS network, and rerun i get

cTurtle:373: attempt to concatenate string and nil

Edited by Dwayne Dibbley, 09 January 2014 - 12:36 PM.

#3 PEZ

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

OMG! (In a very positive sense :) )

Is cTurtle something generic you use in other programs or just for the Architect?

#4 Zudo

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

Looks cool :)

#5 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostPEZ, on 09 January 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

Is cTurtle something generic you use in other programs or just for the Architect?
cTurtle is the name of my turtle api, i recently re-made it prior to starting work on architect. The previous iteration was like a year old at this point. First program i ever made, heh...

View PostDwayne Dibbley, on 09 January 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

Any how to guides? i ran the program and it reported no GPS, i entered the current turtle XYZ and all that is displayed is a White screen with the turtle prompt. rerunning the program goes straight to the white screen / prompt?

MC 1.6.4 with latest CC

Thanks

UPDATE: if i set up a GPS network, and rerun i get

cTurtle:373: attempt to concatenate string and nil
Guess i forgot to test the gps feature lemme get right on that. Anyways, the white prompt is the program, just begin drawing or look through the menues. The button is on the upper left.

Edit: fixed it, forgot to set the last move variable prior to saving if a GPS was used. Just remove cTurtle and run architect again.

Edited by CometWolf, 09 January 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#6 Dwayne Dibbley

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

no more cTurtle:373 just this white screen ( unable to click or see any menu? )

Posted Image

Thanks

UPDATE: got it working it needs an Advanced Turtle not the Standard one :) ( noticed the yellow screenshots )

Edited by Dwayne Dibbley, 09 January 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#7 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

Oh i see the problem, it needs an advanced computer/turtle. Guess it changes to white background color prior to checking that, thus it prints white text on white background lol. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit turns out i forgot the () to call the function term.isColor, so it would always be true. Fixed now.

Edited by CometWolf, 09 January 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#8 Dwayne Dibbley

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

If i draw out layer one as planned,
then select layer go up 1, prompted Last layer reached| create new? select ok
then select settings background mode ( current mode off )
input box has Layer:1 entered, click On

no backgound of layer shown in the layer 2 and seems to lock up ( no menu access / unable to draw )

press Ctrl T to terminate program :(

only other thing of note is the status bar at the top changes from:

Menu 1: Brush:1 2: Brush:1:0 Y:2 Z:0

to

Menu 1: Brush:1 2: Brush:115 Y:2 Z:0

Thanks

#9 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

Wops, that's my bad forgot to remove some testing code when rendering background layers
if tTerm.bgLayer then
  print(tTerm.bgLayer[x][z]) sleep(3)
end
Since this runs in a loop for each pixel on the canvas, it's bound to basically freeze the program lol. Anyways, the issue is fixed, just hit update in the settings and it should be good. And thanks again for the bug reports :)

Edited by CometWolf, 10 January 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#10 Dwayne Dibbley

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

When Turtle run out of Fuel, i check and it reports Fuel required! Press and key. so i add fuel to the current empty slots ( 1 - 4 ) and press any key, but the turtle does not refuel

So i Ctrl T, type refuel all and restart program and select resume.

Does fule need to be in a specific slot?

Thanks again

#11 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:01 AM

Right now fuel needs to be put in the currently selected slot, i'll probably get around to making a prompt that let's you choose slot later.

#12 Sam_Starfall

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

this looks like a great programs and I am including it in my server. I am wondering if anyone has any blueprints to share as I would like to have some examples for my servermates

View PostCometWolf, on 11 January 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

Right now fuel needs to be put in the currently selected slot, i'll probably get around to making a prompt that let's you choose slot later.

wouldn't be better for the turtle to just look thru the slots for the fuel?

#13 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

I considered that at first, but i figured that would be a bad idea if he was building with planks.

#14 PEZ

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:17 AM

View PostSam_Starfall, on 12 January 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

this looks like a great programs and I am including it in my server. I am wondering if anyone has any blueprints to share as I would like to have some examples for my servermates

I too want to check out some sample blueprints.

#15 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:46 AM

Im playing on wired2coffe's server right now so i can test the software in actual use. I intend to build my house using it, so i'll throw up the blueprint when it's done :)

#16 Csstform

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:06 AM

I may try this out!

#17 Sam_Starfall

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

How do you choose the location you want to build at? Also it gives me the message no GPS but I made sure the GPS system was there and active.

#18 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:22 AM

If you run it on a turtle you can change the build location in the turtle menu. I think it's called "Edit origin point" or something, however i haven't tested it myself yet. Keep in mind that the origin point isn't actually visible on the canvas, it's outside the top left edge. Think of it like this
o
xxxxx
x
x
x
Where x is the edge of the canvas, and o is the origin point.
Normally it is set to wherever you start the turtle from. Then the turtle builds X+(right on the blueprint) and Z+(down on blueprint). As for the GPS, your turtle has a wireless modem im guessing? Try running "gps locate" from the shell and see what happens.

Edited by CometWolf, 16 January 2014 - 05:13 PM.

#19 Sam_Starfall

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

View PostCometWolf, on 15 January 2014 - 12:22 AM, said:

If you run it on a turtle you can change the build location in the turtle menu. I think it's called "Edit origin point" or something, however i haven't tested it myself yet. Keep in mind that the origin point is top left on the first layer. Normally it is set to wherever you start the turtle from. Then the turtle builds forward(right on the blueprint) and right(down on blueprint). As for the GPS, your turtle has a wireless modem im guessing? Try running "gps locate" from the shell and see what happens.

"edit origin" causes an error and terminates, Also "Edit GPS data" causes an error and terminates. the error is a nul point error. GPS is not locating but it works from the shell with gps locate but I could not find where you made the call from the program. I did build a very nice version of a villager house except the roof did not come out right. my fault not your program. I am having a lot of fun finding out what it can and can't do. can you add a circle tool?

#20 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

I'll take a look into it when i get home later today. One quick thing worth trying would be to delete the cTurtleFiles folder and reboot. As for circles, if i can figure out the formula for it i will. Last time i tried like a year ago, i got nowhere lol.

Edit: Alright, i've made some changes:
- the GPS should work properly now
- editing the origin point works as expected now
- origin points are now stored in the blueprint itself
- additional regular turtle functionailties added
- revised blueprint saving format, i made a quick converter so you can convert to the new file format http://pastebin.com/Kw0tbAhm.
- this new format means GREATLY reduced file sizes as well as making more sense when being looked at as pure text.
Here's the top hello world blueprint in the 2 different formats, to illustrate the improvement.
old format: http://pastebin.com/arupy8t2
new format: http://pastebin.com/3ctz960f

Edited by CometWolf, 16 January 2014 - 05:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users