[LanteaCraft / SGCraft] == ccDHD ==

lua computer utility

357 replies to this topic

#1 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:28 AM

It's time to retire that dusty, 10,000 year old DHD and control your stargate(s) with modern ComputerCraft technology!

ccDHD is a multi-computer system for controlling a LanteaCraft or SGCraft stargate. The 'main package' is made up of ccDHD (the client) and gateLiaison (the server). ccDialer is an optional add-on. It allows you to manage your address book and wirelessly dial addresses from an advanced wireless pocket computer. Another optional add-on is gateBuddy. gateBuddy can be used for gates 'away from home' and other locations where ccDialer functionality is desired, but a full install of ccDHD and gateLiaison is not feasible.

Please take the time to read this entire post before starting. This is important. The package is designed to be a 'complete' solution to managing your stargates; so there are quite a few little details that may or may not be obvious at first. Reading through this material once will probably be all you need to do...but, since there is no tl;dr version you may wish to read the requirements and download portions, then return for the operating instructions after installing ccDHD for the first time. If you aren't familiar with the basics of downloading a file via pastebin from within ComputerCraft, I strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with that prior to attempting this.

ccDHD is compatible with LanteaCraft, SGCraft, Stargate Atlantiscraft/soccerguy3's SGCraft builds, and Dockter's SGCraft builds

For users of MC 1.12.2 looking for a compatible version of ComputerCraft, I recommend SquidDev's cc:Tweaked
Those looking for an MC 1.12.2 compatible version of SGCraft should take a look at Dockter's SGCraft and Stargate Atlantiscraft

Please note: ccDHD is NOT compatible with ComputerCraft 1.74 or ComputerCraftEdu 1.74 or the combined CC/CCEdu 1.74 jar. This includes modpacks that use these versions [e.g. Tekkit Legends]

An incomplete list of features introduced in 2.0

Important considerations
- With the change of ownership of Minecraft Forums and the lack of activity in the original LanteaCraft and SGCraft threads it seemed like it was time to release 2.0 and call it done.

- IMPORTANT: If you are *upgrading* from a version prior to RC20:
  - you MUST upgrade ALL your scripts or things won't work
  - if you are doing a fresh install, this doesn't affect you...carry on
  - If you are *upgrading* from a version prior to RC15, ccDHD will prompt you (one time) to enter your passwords on startup
    - *** make sure you know your passwords before upgrading! ***
    - this allows ccDHD to rehash your passwords with the new hash that's been implemented
    - if you are doing a fresh install, this doesn't affect you (the default passwords are set to 'password' without the quotes)

-----

- ccDHD as a suite is now complete, there are no new features planned.

What features are missing from LanteaCraft?
- LanteaCraft has no event for receiving data between gates - therefore remote Iris open and remote Iris status (ccDialer & ccDHD) don't work with LC2.
- LanteaCraft has incomplete iris health mechanics, iris percentage reading is always 0%.
- LanteaCraft lacks a functioning power system, thus power percentage reading is always 100%.

If you try out ccDHD 2.0 please post any problems or bugs you encounter - and let me know what you think!

ccDHD Programs - A Quick Overview

Screenshots

Requirements

Downloads

ccDHD & ccDialer Operation

Upgrading from version 1.1 to 1.5 (this is only for users of OLD versions of ccDHD still using a VERY OLD version of LanteaCraft)...

Similar programs:
Lanteacraft_Dialer by lieven121
Stargate Dialing Program for Glasses by handicraftsman
SGCraft DHD by thatParadox
[LanteaCraft]Stargate Control by CMaster
[SGCraft]SG-Control System by SeaLife
SGControl by The_Zenith_
Super Gate Dialer by Landstryder
Stardial+ by Mudkip the Epic

Last, but most certainly not least, thank you to everyone who made it possible for me to do this: Notch, et al for Minecraft; dan200, et al for ComputerCraft; MichiyoRavencroft, AfterlifeLochie, et al for LanteaCraft; Greg_Ewing, et al for SGCraft; all those involved with Lua.

Special thanks to the following:
- Bomb Bloke who helped me with a screen formatting problem I was having
- AfterLifeLochie who helped me understand how to handle errors in Lua
- theoriginalbit for his custom read function and much tutoring
- Anavrins for his pbkdf2/sha256 hashing script
- SquidDev for his AES encryption/decryption script
- Alex Kloss for his base64 endcode/decode script

Edited by Dog, 03 October 2020 - 08:51 AM.

#2 Jeb

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:12 AM

:o/> Im gonna try it out right now.

Its too complicated to use :/ I can't even get it set up.

#3 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

Where are you getting stuck? I'd be happy to walk you through it and, at the same time, try to understand how to make it less complex to set up and use :)

EDIT:

I've preemptively made a change to help make things less complex. ccNet channels are managed exclusively in ccDHD now. This cuts the install questions in half for gateLiaison and allows it to be installed and forgotten. This also effectively 'hides' ccNet until ccDHD's settings are explored, hopefully reducing confusion. Download the latest ccDHD *and* gateLiaison to take advantage of the changes.

Edited by Dog, 01 February 2014 - 07:06 PM.

#4 estplayer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

Do I need to write that whole program again to my Computer in Minecraft?

I just can't get that thing working :'(

Edited by estplayer, 02 February 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#5 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

You don't need to type it into a computer in Minecraft. Take a look in the Downloads section; specifically dhdInstall. Copy the code after "ComputerCraft:" and paste that into the gate computer in Minecraft and hit enter. It should only take a moment to download dhdInstall.

Make sure you know each computer's ID # (in ComputerCraft type "id" (without the quotes) and press enter). You'll need to provide the ccDHD # to gateLiaison and vice versa.

When dhdInstall is downloaded, run dhdInstall and install gateLiaison on the gate computer. When it's done installing (a second or two) the gate selection will turn green. Quit dhdInstall. Run gateLiaison, type in the DHD computer ID#, press enter, and pick a side for shield output.

Repeat the process on the DHD computer for ccDHD, installing ccDHD instead of gateLiaison. When you run ccDHD you'll only need to enter the gateLiaison computer ID#.

First and foremost, read the entire post at least once as that *should* answer most of your questions :) If it doesn't, please tell me where I can improve the directions.

Edited by Dog, 02 February 2014 - 11:05 PM.

#6 estplayer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

Got it working :) 1 more question: Do I need to install BioLock before installing ccDHD?

EDIT: I can't get BioLock working now.. I guess I'm doing something wrong

Edited by estplayer, 03 February 2014 - 01:36 PM.

#7 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

Glad you got it working! You don't *need* a Biolock - it's optional. Sorry you're still having problems - are you trying to use the Biolock to restrict access to ccDHD or are you using it to control shields or initiate a lockdown? If you're using it for shields or lockdown it should *just work*, but if you're using it for access restriction, you'll need to program it.

You can use the BioPup program I linked in the downloads section for a quick way to add users to the Biolock. Before you start down that path, though - are you playing SSP or SMP? If you're playing SMP do you have access to the config files? I ask because the 1.6.4 version of Biolocks doesn't seem to work exactly the same as the 1.6.2 version and I haven't taken the time yet to dig into what it is I think I'm seeing. Depending on your situation I may have you try a couple of things for me, if you're up for it.

Also, any suggestions you have on how I can make this less complex would be greatly appreciated. I've worked on this so long that every step is second nature to me so I'm undoubtedly missing some things that could make this easier for you and others.

Edited by Dog, 03 February 2014 - 02:32 PM.

#8 estplayer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

I just want to test it and maybe it could be useful for my upcoming map.
I'm playing in ssp v1.6.4 with those 2 mods.

But here's my problem when I choose Access level or choose Users List from BioLock program i get error.

#9 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:29 PM

Are you connecting the Biolock directly to the computer or through a modem? (hint: it should be directly connected). At this point I should make sure I'm using the right 'terminology' - are you using the biometric lock or the keypad? ccDHD and BioPup use the "Biometric Lock".

EDIT:
I updated BioPup so it will show you which side it detects the scanner on (and tell you if it doesn't detect any scanner). I also fixed a couple of derps on my part. Delete your current copy of BioPup and re-download it. Let me know what happens then.

EDIT2:
I changed the way to add a new user in BioPup - now you simply scan a new user while BioPup is at the main menu. BioPup will prompt for the the name you want the user to be managed as (for listing and deletion), it'll show the user's unique ID, and ask for the user's access level (5 is highest).

Hope that helps :)

Edited by Dog, 03 February 2014 - 10:18 PM.

#10 estplayer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

It doesn't detect scanner - what you mean about scanner like do I need to do something?

EDIT: Oh and may I ask what texture pack you're using? :D

Edited by estplayer, 04 February 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#11 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

Which side of the computer are you are you placing the scanner (Biometric Lock) on? I'd like to double check it on my end.

The texture pack is Soartex Fanver with custom/modified textures for the gate, computer, and scanner (and other stuff not in the screen shots). I'd be happy to share my original textures with you, but I can't give you a 'proper' texture pack as that would require me to redistribute Soartex.

#12 estplayer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

I just realized I needed a mod... *facepalm*
It now detects scanner..

#13 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:57 PM

No prob - glad you got it sorted :) Let me know if I can help further, and if you're inclined, please let me know where I can make improvements. Thanks for hanging in there :D

Edited by Dog, 04 February 2014 - 01:57 PM.

#14 estplayer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostDog, on 04 February 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

No prob - glad you got it sorted :) Let me know if I can help further, and if you're inclined, please let me know where I can make improvements. Thanks for hanging in there :D

Thanks you too ;)

#15 GeoTrUsT

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

Hi ;)

Thanks for this awesome mod but i can't do anything ;(
I've tried anything, but nothing is working.
Could it be great to have the tutorial Step By Step for setting up the Stargtae ? A video ?

Thanks ;)

#16 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

Hi, GeoTrUst. Sorry you're having troubles. Yeah, I think a video would probably be a good idea. Are you looking for instructions on how to build a stargate or how to setup ccDHD and gateLiaison...or both?

EDIT: I updated the 'Hardware Layout Example' screenshot with labels so the setup should be easier now. Note that the modems, stargate, monitors, biometric scanner, etc. can go on any side of the computer - see the setup instructions in the OP for more detail.

Edited by Dog, 03 March 2014 - 10:35 PM.

#17 GeoTrUsT

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

Hi

I'm looking for instructions on How to setup ccDHD and gateLiaison.

I think what i have done is good but when i try to launch gateLiaison it says in red : "gateLiaison:566" attempt to get lenght of nil". I've connected 3 advanced monitor by wire on left and the stargate at the bottom (under the advanced computer). I have connected them (click on wire modem). No idea ?

Edited by GeoTrUsT, 04 March 2014 - 06:10 PM.

#18 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

That is my fault - my apologies. I made a mistake in the setup routine in a recent update and didn't test the changes. I'll fix it, test it, and upload a working version shortly.

UPDATE: The fix is now available. Just download gateLiaison again (and delete /data/gateSettings if it exists) - everything should 'just work' now.

Edited by Dog, 04 March 2014 - 07:50 PM.

#19 GeoTrUsT

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

Hi ;)

It's working fine now ! Thanks ;)

PS : I don't know if it normal but there is no Iris ;(. While Iris is on I can still go at the other side)

Problem ? Or not ?

#20 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:35 AM

Hi, GeoTrUsT. I'm glad you got it working :) Currently, there is no iris. That is in preparation for when gates get irises and shields in a future update to LanteaCraft. However, it will control a shield from MFFS or the Light Bridges and Doors mod - when you picked a redstone output side (during gateLiaison setup), that is the side that will trigger an external shield (or anything else that can be triggered with redstone) if you chose to install one.

Edited by Dog, 05 March 2014 - 02:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users