[LanteaCraft / SGCraft] == ccDHD ==

lua computer utility

357 replies to this topic

#21 Solymr

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:42 AM

Just an FYI, this doesn't seem to work in 1.6. apparently anything from 1.5 using a modem causes a class not found issue due to a renaming or some such.

#22 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:00 AM

Thanks for the heads up, Solymr! FWIW, I haven't done any testing in 1.6 since LanteaCraft isn't yet compatible with 1.6 and computers don't see the stargates (at least in my experience). If LanteaCraft includes 1.6 support in the future (or someone knows some dark magic to get it working) it shouldn't take too long to update ccDHD and gateLiaison to work in 1.6. Plus, then I'll be able to release ccDIaler and people will be able to dial their stargates from an advanced wireless portable computer. I've got plans for 1.6 :)

Edited by Dog, 01 April 2014 - 05:48 AM.

#23 matty_od

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:47 PM

Getting an Error while trying to set up gateLiaison. "No Stargate Detect" I have an advanced computer under the Stargate main block with a wireless modem on the right hand side. What am i doing wrong here? My brain feels like exploding! XD

#24 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

Hey, matty_od, sorry you're having problems :( FWIW, it doesn't sound like you're doing anything *wrong*, it sounds like you might have the latest versions of ComputerCraft and/or Lanteacraft. (ComputerCraft 1.6x, LanteaCraft RC1 build 23)

Unfortunately LanteaCraft is not yet compatible with ComputerCraft 1.6 so the stargates can't be detected in 1.6. Also, ComputerCraft support was removed from LanteaCraft RC1 build 23 in order to work on adding ComputerCraft 1.6 support in the future.

If you have ComputerCraft 1.6x and/or LanteaCraft RC1 build 23, try downgrading to ComputerCraft 1.58 and LanteaCraft RC1 build 22. That should fix the problem straight away. Rest assured, once LanteaCraft has CC1.6 support I'll be all over it :)

If that doesn't fix your problem, please let me know. Exploding brains can be messy :)

EDIT: LanteaCraft build 24 is out, but there is no mention of ComputerCraft 1.6 support, so stick with RC1 build 22 for the time being.

Edited by Dog, 07 April 2014 - 07:47 AM.

#25 matty_od

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

Yeah after like an hour of trying everything, I actually decided to check the Lantecaft forums. (Why i didn't in the first place is insane) Then I figured out about CC changing it's API. So i downgraded CC to 1.58 and Lanteacraft to release build 88. Didn't know RC1 22 had CC support so I'm going to go switch to that (I miss my big gates) Thanks for the reply man, and I'd just like to say fantastic work with the programs. They save me carrying a book and quill everywhere! xD

Also i just checked RC1 24 and there is still no CC support yet :( So we'll just have to wait. The transport rings are awesome though! :)

EDIT: Okay so after install RC1 22 and trying to once again set up gateLiaison. I'm getting another error saying "startup: 176: attempt to get length of nil" So tell me what noob mistake I've done now :P

Edited by matty_od, 07 April 2014 - 05:51 PM.

#26 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:31 PM

D'oh! The derp is on my end - I made a STUPID mistake in my code. It's fixed in both gateLiaison and ccDHD so make sure you download the latest versions of each. Sorry about that. :\

Agreed about the transport rings - they are quite awesome.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you find the system useful (when I'm not borking it up with derpy mistakes) - one of the main reasons I made it (other than 'just for fun') was to make address management...manageable.

Edited by Dog, 07 April 2014 - 08:52 PM.

#27 matty_od

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

Dog, on 07 April 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

D'oh! The derp is on my end - I made a STUPID mistake in my code. It's fixed in both gateLiaison and ccDHD so make sure you download the latest versions of each. Sorry about that. :\

Agreed about the transport rings - they are quite awesome.

Glad you find the system useful (when I'm not borking it up with derpy mistakes) - one of the main reasons I made it (other than 'just for fun') was because address management is a PITA otherwise.

Haha! It's okay trust me the best i can manage is "helloworld" xD so don't worry :P I'll download them and get set up. Don't worry I'm sure I'll be back asking another silly question! Thanks for the help though! :D

#28 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

No worries at all - I'm happy to help (especially when I'm partially responsible for the mess to begin with) :)

Edited by Dog, 08 April 2014 - 12:18 AM.

#29 Shadow_Wolf42

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

Dog, on 02 February 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

You don't need to type it into a computer in Minecraft. Take a look in the Downloads section; specifically dhdInstall. Copy the code after "ComputerCraft:" and paste that into the gate computer in Minecraft and hit enter. It should only take a moment to download dhdInstall.

Make sure you know each computer's ID # (in ComputerCraft type "id" (without the quotes) and press enter). You'll need to provide the ccDHD # to gateLiaison and vice versa.

When dhdInstall is downloaded, run dhdInstall and install gateLiaison on the gate computer. When it's done installing (a second or two) the gate selection will turn green. Quit dhdInstall. Run gateLiaison, type in the DHD computer ID#, press enter, and pick a side for shield output.

Repeat the process on the DHD computer for ccDHD, installing ccDHD instead of gateLiaison. When you run ccDHD you'll only need to enter the gateLiaison computer ID#.

First and foremost, read the entire post at least once as that *should* answer most of your questions :) If it doesn't, please tell me where I can improve the directions.
what do u mean by pick a side for the shield output?

Dog, on 02 February 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

You don't need to type it into a computer in Minecraft. Take a look in the Downloads section; specifically dhdInstall. Copy the code after "ComputerCraft:" and paste that into the gate computer in Minecraft and hit enter. It should only take a moment to download dhdInstall. Make sure you know each computer's ID # (in ComputerCraft type "id" (without the quotes) and press enter). You'll need to provide the ccDHD # to gateLiaison and vice versa. When dhdInstall is downloaded, run dhdInstall and install gateLiaison on the gate computer. When it's done installing (a second or two) the gate selection will turn green. Quit dhdInstall. Run gateLiaison, type in the DHD computer ID#, press enter, and pick a side for shield output. Repeat the process on the DHD computer for ccDHD, installing ccDHD instead of gateLiaison. When you run ccDHD you'll only need to enter the gateLiaison computer ID#. First and foremost, read the entire post at least once as that *should* answer most of your questions :)/> If it doesn't, please tell me where I can improve the directions.
what r the codes?

#30 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:06 AM

Shadow_Wolf42, on 12 April 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

what do u mean by pick a side for the shield output?
If you would like the Shield/Iris button in ccDHD to control something (like a shield from MFFS, or a redstone light), then you pick which side of the gateLiaison computer it should output the redstone signal to control the shield or light.

Shadow_Wolf42, on 12 April 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

what r the codes?
Look in the OP, under Downloads - all the pastebin download codes are there - it's actually explained in the text you quoted

Most importantly - read the entire OP at least once.

Edited by Dog, 13 April 2014 - 04:18 AM.

#31 Into_TheCatalyst

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

Hi, I was wondering how to set up the iris with the mffs shields mod. I can see what order the blocks are placed in but how do I set it up. any pictures?

#32 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:01 AM

If you're asking how to setup MFFS, that's a entire topic unto itself. I tried to find some useful documentation for you, but I couldn't find any. I figured out MFFS by trial and error. Here's what I CAN tell you:

1. You'll need a power source (tesseract, IDSU, quantum generator, etc.)

2. You'll need a 'deriver' to pull power from the power source and convert it into MFFS usable power - this will need to be directly connected to your power source (this is the bottom block in the picture - the power source is in the ground underneath it)
Attached Image: MFFS deriver.png

3. You'll need a 'capacitor' to gather that power and distribute it to other MFFS devices (this does not need to be directly connected) (this is the middle block in the picture)
Attached Image: MFFS capacitor.png

4. You'll need a 'shield emitter' to produce the actual shield. (this is the top block in the picture - this does not need to be directly connected)
Attached Image: MFFS shield.png

Each device will need to be equipped with modules to enhance or define its operation. For example: You'll want speed modules to speed up the deriver, capacitor, and shield emitter, but you'll have to ensure that you aren't pulling more power than the deriver can provide (speed modules will make the deriver produce more energy, but they also make the capacitor work faster, so you have to balance everything).

In the shield emitter you'll want to add a 'Cube mode' (in the center square), then use scale modules in the squares surrounding the center square to shape and size the shield. You can add a silence module (in the boxes on the left) to make it quiet, but that uses extra power. When configuring the shield, put all your modules (except the scale and translation modules) in the left hand boxes - that way they affect the entire shield, not just one side. If you need to move or shift the shield slightly, you'll want to use translation modules. You'll likely need 2 or 3 or those to 'raise' the shield so its bottom is at the bottom of the gate and you aren't using extra energy to generate 'unused' shield. In the shield emitter picture you will see translation modules in the upper left corner of the shield 'box' (that is the 'up' box).

All the devices will need to be on the same frequency (set that manually in the frequency box) then turned on. Don't turn on the shield emitter - that will be controlled by gateLiaison's redstone output - just make sure you have a direct connection between the redstone output side of gateLiaison and the shield emitter (either through direct connection or via redstone dust/wire).

I hope the pictures give you an idea of what I'm talking about. Your setup will be unique to your needs and placement.

Here is the official documentation. It's rather sparse, but there is some good info to be found.

If you'd like further clarification or explanation, let me know and I'll do my best :)

Edited by Dog, 21 April 2014 - 12:03 AM.

#33 piro

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:22 PM

Is there a way to get the monitors to work with gateLiaison if they are added after it's already set up?

#34 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:54 PM

Hey, piro,

gateLiaison searches for modems and monitors on every startup. You *should* be able to add the monitors, then just restart gateLiaison (hold CTRL-R).

One caveat with gateLiaison is that it expects the monitors to be attached via modem/network cable - it won't detect monitors that are directly connected (touching the computer). Make sure you're connecting the monitors via modem/network cable, and that you've turned on the modem that's connected to the monitor array so it can be detected by gateLiaison. If that doesn't work for you, would you please post a picture of your setup?

Edited by Dog, 11 June 2014 - 11:55 PM.

#35 piro

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:23 AM

Thanks, I was running it with a modem/cable. After I restarted the game for an unrelated reason it worked.

Is it at all possible to have the same thing display on a second set of three monitors, like a set on each side of the gate?

#36 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:31 AM

I'm sorry to say the current 'release' version of gateLiaison (1.1.12) can't do that and I've stopped developing the 1.1.xx branch.

But I really like the idea, so I added multiple-monitor support in 2.0!

If you're running FTB (as of this post) or any mod pack with ComputerCraft 1.58 or earlier, this won't help you. But, if you're running ComputerCraft 1.6, the new 2.0 beta is the version you should use - I think you'll find it's a lot nicer - and gateLiaison supports multiple monitors. The download and install information can be found in the OP. Make sure you read everything.

Edited by Dog, 12 June 2014 - 08:56 PM.

#37 piro

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:28 AM

That works great!

I've noticed two bugs though. The first is I'm getting a slight glitch on the monitor for the gateliaison.

It says:
Connected to
BAAJAAQAA Co

And the same when it was dialing, so it was replicating the first two characters.

Also, every time I go through the gate, I have to start the gate liaison computer, and the DHD computer up on the gate I just go to.

At first I thought it was the ccDialer, but then I tried going without it and the computers were cut off on the receiving gate side still. Posted Image
Posted Image

Also, in the ccDHD setup, is marquee just a repeat of the gate liaison display?

#38 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:01 AM

That gateLiaison marquee monitor thing is odd and unexpected. I'll retest that on my end and see if I can duplicate the problem and get it fixed - thanks for letting me know about that! And thanks for the screenshots...makes it easy to see what I'm looking for.

Regarding your second problem - when you say you need to start the computers: do they need to be booted up, or do you need to manually run each program? Are the programs named 'startup' or automatically called from startup?

The ccDHD marquee monitor is visually the same as the gateLiaison marquee monitors, with some extra functionality. Any time your gate is connected or dialing you can tap the ccDHD marquee monitor to end the call (depending on your LanteaCraft config it may not be possible to hang up on incoming calls). If you also have the list monitor attached, you can use it to select a gate, then tap the marquee monitor (while the gate's notes are displayed) to dial that gate.

EDIT: I couldn't duplicate the monitor problem, and I couldn't find any obvious issues in the code. However, I made a couple of small tweaks that *might* fix the problem for you. Re-download gateLiaison and let me know if the problem is fixed. You might also want to grab the latest ccDHD and ccDialer as I've made some small changes to each of them today as well.

Edited by Dog, 14 June 2014 - 08:10 AM.

#39 piro

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

Thank you, the name thing is what got me.

The computers were running, just at the prompt.

I had them listed as "gate" for gateliaison, and "dhd" for the ccDHD.

I'll leave them as startup.

#40 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:58 PM

@piro - if you prefer to have them named 'dhd' and 'gate', you can also do the following:

rename ccDHD to dhd, then create a startup file with the following line:
shell.run("dhd")

rename gateLIaison to gate, then create a startup file with the following line:
shell.run("gate")

This will allow you to leave ccDHD and gateLiaison with the names you prefer and still enjoy auto-startup.

EDIT: I just updated the package to RC2 and added gateBuddy. gateBuddy will allow you to use ccDialer without installing gateLiaison or ccDHD. It doesn't have gate list sharing ability, but it makes ccDialer much more useful for all those gates away from home :)

EDIT2: RC2 updated - you can now reorder your gates in ccDHD and ccDialer!

Edited by Dog, 17 June 2014 - 07:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users