[LanteaCraft / SGCraft] == ccDHD ==

lua computer utility

357 replies to this topic

#321 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:07 AM

OK, I did some testing in 1.12.2 and you're right - it *is* getting stuck. It's definitely not your setup.

Based on my testing it appears the reason ccDHD is getting stuck is because the build of SGCraft for 1.12.2 isn't generating some (or possibly any) events for CC - without those events ccDHD has no idea what's going on and won't be able to keep itself in the right mode of operation. Your best course of action, at this point, is to report this to the person who made the build (since it's non-official) and see if they'd be willing to drop another build with the necessary fixes for CC 1.80pr1.

I wish I had a better answer for you. Hopefully, when CC 1.80 official drops, Greg will drop a new build of SGCraft with proper CC support.

Edited by Dog, 10 January 2018 - 03:08 AM.

#322 PhoenixIO

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:52 AM

I hope that too

#323 doctorwhofan92

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:03 PM

Will this program be updated to 1.12.2? (CC 1.80) I run it on my server however the iris keeps closing even when I don't have it set to close and it also keeps turning the gate off when I put in the iris passcode

#324 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:21 AM

Hey doctorwhofan92! Welcome to the CC forums :)

I've done some preliminary testing under 1.12.2 and it *seems* to work using Crazed Programmer's build of CC and soccerguy3's build of SGCraft. If you're not using those builds, try those and see if it works. If you continue to have problems, please let me know and I'll do my best to get things straightened out.

#325 PhoenixIO

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:38 AM

How does the remote iris work? I tried entering the password on both ends with the ccDialer and neither will open the iris

#326 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:02 PM

Hey PhoenixIO :)

Remote iris relies on there being a ccDHD component installed at each gate. It can be a full install of ccDHD (ccDHD & gateLiaison) or an install of gateBuddy. But one of them has to be installed at each gate for remote iris to work. I usually install ccDHD & gateLiaison at my bases & outposts and install gateBuddy at all the other gates (including gates in the wild - unless someone actually takes the gate, nobody will notice that there's a computer or wireless turtle installed underneath the gate).

If that's not the issue, or if you have other questions - please don't hesitate to ask - I'm happy to help :)

#327 UncoveredKhan09

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:39 PM

So i need help with the Lockdown, once it's engaged i can't seem to fix it, please help

#328 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:38 AM

Greetings, UncoveredKhan09 :)

The default password for lockdown is "password" without the quotes - same for the default iris password. If that doesn't get you going and you're still having problems, please let me know and I'll do my best to help you get it all sorted.

#329 doctorwhofan92

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:10 AM

Thank you for replying. soon after I posted that I realized that I had unloaded the dimension I was having trouble with. Do you plan to add a correlative update for the program so that they can stay synced with one another? I have little to no knowledge of CC programming so I don't know if this is possible but seeing as you can send the iris password through an active wormhole it leads me to believe this could be possible.

#330 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:32 PM

I can't do anything about unloaded chunks - standard and advanced computers have no ability to affect that.

As for sending the signal through the wormhole instead of relying on another computer (e.g. gateBuddy) and gate communication: ccDHD was originally written for LanteaCraft which didn't have the ability to send transmissions through the wormhole - when I updated it to work with SGCraft I wasn't aware of that feature, and even if I had been I probably wouldn't have added support as it would have required rewriting too much of the underlying code to make it work. In the future I *might* revisit this, but it's not something I plan on addressing in the near term. Besides, adding that feature wouldn't change the requirement for a computer to be connected to the gate in order for ccDialer to be able to dial other gates.

To my knowledge, each gate acts like a chunk loader when it's dialed, and in all my testing that's been the case, so dialing distant gates and communicating with them via the means provided in ccDHD should work the same as sending the signal through the wormhole - either way the receiving chunk will need to be loaded in order to receive the signal.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'stay synced with one another' - ccDHD has no concept of 'staying synced'.

#331 doctorwhofan92

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:44 PM

What I was referring too was similar to how the ccDialer can 'Sync' its gate addresses with a ccDHD then could a ccDHD sync it's address book through the sgcraft gate with the other ccDHD assuming both gates had a ccDHD

#332 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:43 PM

No - ccDHD doesn't sync with other ccDHD machines (that would introduce a slew of issues I don't want to deal with) - only with ccDialer. But, since SGCraft supposedly allows signals through the wormhole; you could establish a wormhole, sync ccDialer with one ccDHD install then sync with the other without going through the gate (theoretically) - that's the easiest solution I can think of with the way ccDHD is set up.

#333 doctorwhofan92

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:35 PM

So I have an ender Modem on a advanced pocket computer running ccDialer. Is it possible to extend the list of possible host connections or only show the connections in your dimension?

#334 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:58 PM

Unfortunately ccDHD was conceived before Ender modems were introduced. With the method I chose for communication I'm rather limited in what I can do to resolve the issue. The only thing I can really do on my end is possibly extend the Sync list (if the code will easily allow for it without breaking). If I come up with an acceptable solution I'll release another update.

EDIT: I've started working on expanding the list to multiple pages - you'll be able to scroll through the pages with the mouse wheel and pageUp/pageDown.

EDIT 2: The first test version is done - I've PM'd you with a link.

EDIT 3: Final version is done and has been released as part of RC12 - use the normal download link

Edited by Dog, 03 April 2018 - 05:54 PM.

#335 doctorwhofan92

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:46 AM

Is there a way to combine the pastebin link for ccDHD and gate liaison so that when you put the startup code in it'll detect computer craft adapter block and act as the gate liaison otherwise it'll act as a ccDHD? Sorry if this is to much to ask.

#336 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:05 AM

That's actually an interesting idea - it would essentially have to be an install type script that detects which script to install (ccDHD or gateLiaison). I'm honestly not sure how much value it would add, but I'll go ahead and create an install script that does this. It won't be official - I'll PM you the link when it's done.

#337 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:47 PM

Big update: This update contains all the back-end changes I've wanted to make for awhile. The good news is that this should be the last release until LanteaCraft releases new features. The bad news is that upgrades from previous versions will require you to update ALL your scripts (ccDHD, ccDialer, gateLiaison, gateBuddy) or things won't work.

This update (RC15) wasn't all just optimization, bug-fixes, and back-end tweaks and changes, though - there are some of new features that I hope you'll find useful:
- ccDHD: Gate names can now be 12 characters long instead of only 9
- ccDHD: The Import button now works like the Merge! button used to, but it also updates existing entries' default data with non-default data from the imported address book (if it contains such data).
- ccDialer: Sync hosts are now color coded to indicate Dial-Only hosts (red) and Full hosts (green) in the host selection screen

As always - if you have any questions, comments, issues, or concerns, please let me know.

Edited by Dog, 02 September 2018 - 04:49 PM.

#338 doctorwhofan92

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:28 PM

I'm having an issue where the gate liaison is getting this error "startup:1645: attempt to concatenate up value 'gateStatus' (a nil value)"

#339 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:39 AM

Is this with the latest version (RC15)? Anything else you can tell me about your setup would also be helpful. You're using SGCraft, right? ATM, I'm not sure why that's happening.

Edited by Dog, 12 September 2018 - 12:44 AM.

#340 doctorwhofan92

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:00 AM

I'm using the most up-to-date version. Though I have been using your setup program you made for me I updated it manually just in-case. Same results. This is SGCraft but it is Docker's version not soccerguy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users