Jump to content




ComputerCraft Beta Versions - Download and Discussion (1.74pr37, released June 22nd)


525 replies to this topic

#41 gollark8

  • Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:07 AM

If we did get PDA modems,which side would they have their modems on?
A really advanced/expensive PDA with inbuilt modem,disk drive and printer would be a thing I'd really like.

#42 Wojbie

  • Members
  • 630 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

I Don't think it falls under Bug Report so i am posting it here - with changes in CC some of treasure disk programs are no longer working
Here is list that i tested as nonfunctional (sidenote - you can place disk in diskdrive with hopper ;p):

nsh by Lyqyd
talk by GopherAtl

#43 gollark8

  • Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:02 AM

View Postwojbie, on 01 February 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

I Don't think it falls under Bug Report so i am posting it here - with changes in CC some of treasure disk programs are no longer working
Here is list that i tested as nonfunctional (sidenote - you can place disk in diskdrive with hopper ;p):

nsh by Lyqyd
talk by GopherAtl
They may be broken because of the rednet changes.

#44 ElvishJerricco

  • Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

View Postawsmazinggenius, on 01 February 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

Small idea: pop a Pocket Computer in a disk drive (sort of like connecting your phone to your PC to transfer data), and you can access it's data through your filesystem. (in a folder called pc, pc1, pc2, etc.) Unless we get modems (or this might be more "balanced" instead, though CC seems to focus on easy-to-craft-and-use stuff), this might be a good way to transfer data.

Well this is a fantastic idea.

#45 awsmazinggenius

  • Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

Probably the back side. But I also think we should be able to pop them in Disk Drives, maybe to "charge" them without requiring other mods :)

#46 Wojbie

  • Members
  • 630 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

View Postawsmazinggenius, on 01 February 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

Probably the back side. But I also think we should be able to pop them in Disk Drives, maybe to "charge" them without requiring other mods :)

charge? There was no information about any charging of stuff? Don't CC computers work of air? :P

Edited by wojbie, 01 February 2014 - 03:04 PM.


#47 Mikeemoo

  • Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

Dan, looks like the API is referring to an internal class:

import dan200.computercraft.shared.turtle.core.TurtleAnimation;

inside ITurtleAccess

#48 Lyqyd

    Lua Liquidator

  • Moderators
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:31 PM

View Postawsmazinggenius, on 01 February 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

Small idea: pop a Pocket Computer in a disk drive (sort of like connecting your phone to your PC to transfer data), and you can access it's data through your filesystem. (in a folder called pc, pc1, pc2, etc.) Unless we get modems (or this might be more "balanced" instead, though CC seems to focus on easy-to-craft-and-use stuff), this might be a good way to transfer data.

Dan's already been planning on doing this.

#49 awsmazinggenius

  • Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

Oh. Thanks Lyqyd, I guess I don't read reddit enough ;)

#50 oeed

    Oversimplifier

  • Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

View Postawsmazinggenius, on 01 February 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

Small idea: pop a Pocket Computer in a disk drive (sort of like connecting your phone to your PC to transfer data), and you can access it's data through your filesystem. (in a folder called pc, pc1, pc2, etc.) Unless we get modems (or this might be more "balanced" instead, though CC seems to focus on easy-to-craft-and-use stuff), this might be a good way to transfer data.

dan200 said:

People have been asking about how these will be able to interact with the world, this will happen in two ways: * They'll have a built in wireless modem * You'll be able to place them in disk drives and copy files to them
http://www.reddit.co...mputers/cex8cad

Yep :D

#51 Devon The Novice

  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnity University, Unity City, Unity

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

I was going to recommend something like that, but don't need to now :P .

Noticed something about windows (the api) though, you can term.redirect to it, however, mouse_click (and I would assume monitor_touch) returns the value's of the parent, not the window. any plan to make clicks on windows return where on the window was clicked?

#52 oeed

    Oversimplifier

  • Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

View Postgollark8, on 01 February 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

If we did get PDA modems,which side would they have their modems on?
A really advanced/expensive PDA with inbuilt modem,disk drive and printer would be a thing I'd really like.

I was thinking about that. I'd imagine it'd be like using the wired modems, with modem_1, it'll probably just be peripheral.wrap('modem').

Edited by oeed, 01 February 2014 - 09:32 PM.


#53 Engineer

  • Members
  • 1,378 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:10 PM

View PostMikeemoo, on 01 February 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

Dan, looks like the API is referring to an internal class:

import dan200.computercraft.shared.turtle.core.TurtleAnimation;

inside ITurtleAccess
That has been reported already...

#54 3dsboy08

  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

Thank u wojbie! It works if u use a hopper.

#55 dexman545

  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

will there be any way to wrap peripherals with the PDA? for instance if I click with the PDA on a monitor, will I be able to use the monitor from the PDA?

#56 Lyqyd

    Lua Liquidator

  • Moderators
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

I would suspect not, though they will have modems, so you'd be able to write some software to use them remotely.

#57 6677

  • Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:44 AM

nsh for instance

#58 RamiLego4Game

  • Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSyria,Damascus

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

View PostLyqyd, on 30 January 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

MFR's rednet cables are the currently supported bundled cable system.

How do you have Redpower or MC1.6.4 ?

#59 ElvishJerricco

  • Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

View PostRamiLego, on 05 February 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

View PostLyqyd, on 30 January 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

MFR's rednet cables are the currently supported bundled cable system.

How do you have Redpower or MC1.6.4 ?

MFR's rednet cables are not part of Redpower.

#60 Bomb Bloke

    Hobbyist Coder

  • Moderators
  • 7,067 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:41 AM

Is the turtle fuel cap of 5000 new to 1.6? It's a fair bit of a nerf, and seems it'll be a right annoyance for many non-excavator scripts (which otherwise wouldn't need to waste those few precious inventory slots on fuel items): I've fired off scripts that I've calculated to use over 200k fuel units, and previously all I had to do is throw in two or three inventory loads of charcoal before running them.

Now, even trying to refuel with just one stack of charcoal will result in the turtle exceeding its fuel cap (though it still deletes the fuel items it lacks room for, I see...). While I don't mind the idea of a more realistic cap (I've no idea what the limit was before - I've gone into the millions and can see that the concept gets silly after a while), would something like 100k be a bit much to ask? Or even half of that?

Edit: I see advanced turtles go up to 20k. That still seems fairly low, especially for the gold versions.

Edited by Bomb Bloke, 06 February 2014 - 02:08 AM.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users