Jump to content




ComputerCraft Beta Versions - Download and Discussion (1.74pr37, released June 22nd)


525 replies to this topic

#81 Wojbie

  • Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostAlekso56, on 06 March 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

1.6pr0 > 1.6pr1 Lua Changelog:

https://github.com/a...1820caef4d241f0

Let me again write fast list of changes i see ;D
  • error levels in apis
  • message routing duplication protection timeout
  • can't redirect term to term anymore - great that crashed - that happend few times for me
  • textutils now uses redirect in its works during paged print
  • cant make window on term anymore - great that lead to stupid user generated bugs - now you need to make it directly on native or other table. (like monitor wrap or other window)
  • window create function input check added and other window api upgrades.
  • cancelTimer(token) and cancelAlarm(token)
  • repeat program modified to work with one modem and moved
  • some programs moved
  • weird x=5 in line 40 of lua. - i think thats some orphaned code - reported in bugs
  • craft program modified to tell exactly how many times it crafted. (old system told how many items it got instead)
  • refuel program modified to respect fuel limits.
  • startup modified a bit to respect moved files.

Edited by wojbie, 07 March 2014 - 01:46 PM.


#82 theoriginalbit

    Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

  • Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

View Postwojbie, on 07 March 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

error levels in apis
yep. I requested it to reduce AaP questions. :)

#83 Wojbie

  • Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostAlekso56, on 06 March 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

1.6pr0 > 1.6pr1 Lua Changelog:

https://github.com/a...1820caef4d241f0

Can you make 1.6pr1 > 1.6pr2
Would be great tx!

#84 Alekso56

  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

View Postwojbie, on 07 March 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

Can you make 1.6pr1 > 1.6pr2
Would be great tx!

1.6pr1 > 1.6pr2 Lua Changelog:
https://github.com/a...005aca84fae2624

#85 Wojbie

  • Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

View PostAlekso56, on 07 March 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

1.6pr1 > 1.6pr2 Lua Changelog:
https://github.com/a...005aca84fae2624

Let me again write fast list of changes i see (stroke my ego) :P
  • turtle api changed to work with crafting table equiping/unequiping
  • changelog changed :)
  • label changed a bit - looks cleaner
  • x=5 got removed from lua program :D


#86 Lord_Spelunky

  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could hold the Pda like a map, not with the data on it because i would imagine that would be hard to do, but with just how it appears in your inventory. Also will the pocket computers have rednet?

#87 Alice

  • Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostLord_Spelunky, on 09 March 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could hold the Pda like a map, not with the data on it because i would imagine that would be hard to do, but with just how it appears in your inventory. Also will the pocket computers have rednet?
They might be having rednet, I've seen talk of modems built-in. Rendering the PDA like a map in the inventory, I thought it was a static texture. If you mean equipping it in your hand, that would be epic.

#88 oeed

    Oversimplifier

  • Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

View PostLord_Spelunky, on 09 March 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could hold the Pda like a map, not with the data on it because i would imagine that would be hard to do, but with just how it appears in your inventory. Also will the pocket computers have rednet?

Yea, that would be cool. The main issue is you couldn't interact with it like that.

#89 Lupus590

  • Members
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

suggestion moved to suggestions forum

http://www.computerc...rently-in-beta/

Edited by Lupus590, 20 March 2014 - 11:08 AM.


#90 mrgreaper

  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

is there any chance of a 1.7.x build? waiting on cc 1.7.x api and thermal expansion api before i can finish updating my mod, seems 1.7 is not a loved update from many devs

#91 Alice

  • Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:30 PM

View Postmrgreaper, on 12 March 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

is there any chance of a 1.7.x build? waiting on cc 1.7.x api and thermal expansion api before i can finish updating my mod, seems 1.7 is not a loved update from many devs
There's going to be one after 1.6 is stable.

#92 mrgreaper

  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

View PostDeath, on 12 March 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

View Postmrgreaper, on 12 March 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

is there any chance of a 1.7.x build? waiting on cc 1.7.x api and thermal expansion api before i can finish updating my mod, seems 1.7 is not a loved update from many devs
There's going to be one after 1.6 is stable.
cool, just seems to be that most mods are waiting for other mods to update (mine included though my mod is a small mod of little import)

#93 apemanzilla

  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

View PostAlekso56, on 07 March 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

View Postwojbie, on 07 March 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

Can you make 1.6pr1 > 1.6pr2
Would be great tx!

1.6pr1 > 1.6pr2 Lua Changelog:
https://github.com/a...005aca84fae2624
1.6pr2 > 1.6pr3? :3

#94 Alekso56

  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostApemanzilla, on 13 March 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

1.6pr2 > 1.6pr3? :3
https://github.com/a...3cb8c033897e229

not much happened :P

#95 apemanzilla

  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

View PostAlekso56, on 13 March 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

View PostApemanzilla, on 13 March 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

1.6pr2 > 1.6pr3? :3
https://github.com/a...3cb8c033897e229

not much happened :P
I see - TBH I would never use a nametag/anvil to name one since you can do it for free via shell :D

Unless it gives it an actual nameplate above the turtle/computer.... Then I might.

#96 Alice

  • Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostApemanzilla, on 13 March 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

Unless it gives it an actual nameplate above the turtle/computer.... Then I might.
That would be cool.

#97 InputUsername

  • Members
  • 231 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

So it's not really worth updating from pr2 to pr3?

#98 Wojbie

  • Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostInputUsername, on 14 March 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

So it's not really worth updating from pr2 to pr3?

No its worth it - that changelog is from lua side of things - thats just stuff that we as end users see - all cool things that dan200 does are in mod itself - and you realy should use latest version for bugtesting.

Edited by wojbie, 14 March 2014 - 03:18 PM.


#99 Snablesnot

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

View Postoeed, on 10 March 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

View PostLord_Spelunky, on 09 March 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could hold the Pda like a map, not with the data on it because i would imagine that would be hard to do, but with just how it appears in your inventory. Also will the pocket computers have rednet?

Yea, that would be cool. The main issue is you couldn't interact with it like that.

Well having it like a map to glance at what is rendering on the screen would be fantastic. to start interacting would just be like it is now with a cIik I would think. That would make the Pda Very nice. Highlight it in the tool bar to glance at it like its a map while your still walking or running for your life. and if need be click and your ready to do input.
People would be really having a pocket gps then. Could write your own programs to record waypoints and the works. Remote control turtle races woot!! or battle turtles hehe.

#100 Wojbie

  • Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

1.6pr4 is here!
look at the first post

View PostAlekso56, on 13 March 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

1.6pr3 > 1.6pr4? :D

Time for more testing pepole!!!

Edited by wojbie, 17 March 2014 - 10:32 AM.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users