FML-How to have CC 1.6pr on one profile and other mods on a different one?

7 replies to this topic

#1 gollark8

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

I have a collection of 1.6.4 Forge mods.
I would like to try out CC 1.6pr0 on a different profile,so I can use OpenP on my main mod profile.
How could I do this without using a different MC version on my main profile?

#2 awsmazinggenius

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

Make a new profile. Forge version (from the installer) but in a different directory. Run that, then open that directory in Explorer/Finder. You'll see a new mods folder, put CC in there.

#3 gollark8

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:40 AM

View Postawsmazinggenius, on 31 January 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

Make a new profile. Forge version (from the installer) but in a different directory. Run that, then open that directory in Explorer/Finder. You'll see a new mods folder, put CC in there.
I don't understand what you mean.

#4 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:20 AM

View Postgollark8, on 01 February 2014 - 01:40 AM, said:

View Postawsmazinggenius, on 31 January 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

I don't understand what you mean.

Yea I was trying the same thing the other day but couldn't figure it out. A more indepth explanation would be great.

#5 Agoldfish

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSome Fish Bowl in Ohio.

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:26 AM

He means have two .minecraft folders. Though, that probably wouldn't work because you can't set the default directory for Minecraft to launch from. Also, you can't set the default directory for the Forge installer to install either.

#6 awsmazinggenius

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

Here goes (soory for bad post):
Run the Forge installer. You should get a Forge version of Minecraft added to .minecraft/versions. Then open your launcher. Make a new profile. Select the Forge version under the versions menu, and set a different directory for Minecraft, like this:
Posted Image
Then launch it. Then open the directory you chose in Explorer/Finder, and go to the mods folder in that custom directory. You can put mods there, and keep it separate from other profiles in the launcher,

#7 cant_delete_account

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

View Postawsmazinggenius, on 01 February 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Here goes (soory for bad post):
Run the Forge installer. You should get a Forge version of Minecraft added to .minecraft/versions. Then open your launcher. Make a new profile. Select the Forge version under the versions menu, and set a different directory for Minecraft, like this:
*snip image*
Then launch it. Then open the directory you chose in Explorer/Finder, and go to the mods folder in that custom directory. You can put mods there, and keep it separate from other profiles in the launcher,
Yup, that's what I do. I love it, it's like MultiMC :D

Edited by thesbros, 01 February 2014 - 03:12 PM.

#8 awsmazinggenius

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

Except built in to the official launcher ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users