Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:32 PM

I really enjoyed using this program, especially on multiplayer lol
Very useful. Thanks.

#143 nodar86

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:27 PM

There's one thing I cant understand:
How can it keep the chunks loaded with 2 spot loaders, I mean they load 1 chunk so turtles can move and build inside it, how can it place the second spot loader ona different chunk? :o

Could somebody fill me in on this? :D

#144 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:06 PM

Last I knew, if any turtle moves into an unloaded chunk, then that chunk will load to accommodate it.

The chunk loaders prevent these chunks from unloading when a player moves away from them.

#145 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:30 PM

View Postnodar86, on 14 October 2015 - 06:27 PM, said:

How can it keep the chunks loaded with 2 spot loaders, I mean they load 1 chunk so turtles can move and build inside it, how can it place the second spot loader ona different chunk? :o

View PostBomb Bloke, on 14 October 2015 - 10:06 PM, said:

Last I knew, if any turtle moves into an unloaded chunk, then that chunk will load to accommodate it.

The chunk loaders prevent these chunks from unloading when a player moves away from them.

If this weren't the case, the turtles could also stand on the edge of the chunk and place the spotloader into the next chunk.

#146 nodar86

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:13 PM

View Postapemanzilla, on 14 October 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:

View Postnodar86, on 14 October 2015 - 06:27 PM, said:

View PostBomb Bloke, on 14 October 2015 - 10:06 PM, said:

If this weren't the case, the turtles could also stand on the edge of the chunk and place the spotloader into the next chunk.

Thanks, I run some tests and I found that the turtled did not load chunks they moved in (using DW20 1.7 btw) but they could place chunk loaders in the next chunk and then they could move forward

#147 xeotrel2

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:05 PM

The setup program doesn't work for me. When I execute it, it says it extracted them, but then the files are empty.
Can you fix this? Because it looks awesome...

#148 sahoahfoa

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:13 AM

I'm going to take a look into why the files aren't extracting correctly. If anything I'll post pastebins of each file.

It seem he might have overlooked something before he sent it out. The textutils.unserialize function is unneeded on line 7056 as the "file contents" are just a multi-line strings. Here is a new pastebin with the aforementioned removal. http://pastebin.com/qGDuLaMp. Enjoy. I think I may fork this and work on issues that arise if the maintainer is gone.

11/19/15: Updated to incorporate SergeyS changes to prevent boss from crashing when it tries to pick up a chunkloader

Edited by sahoahfoa, 20 November 2015 - 12:38 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users