Looking for help with a Project.

1 reply to this topic

#1 Xaryu

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:41 AM

I am looking for someone who may know how to retrieve the current energy level within a Redstone Energy Cell.

Picture of my Redstone Energy Cell Setup: http://gyazo.com/77a...e7bce0225487c54

So as you can see in this picture i have 12 columns of 7 Redstone energy Cells, and in the gaps on the 4 corners and down the middle i want to put computers retrieving the current energy levels and sending the information to a main computer where it will output the current total energy i have and a second line saying the total energy i can have. I would use sensor kits but they can only show a total of 6 cells per bundle and that would be too messy.

Another thing is that i would like the computer output a signal IF all the energy cells are to be full and turn off my electric engines (i have RedNet cable connected to all my engines already) , and they would only be turned back on if my power levels would drop below lets say 70% so the engines do not have to run all the time since i do power 4 quarries suing my energy tesseracks.

If you are interested to get a closer look this is on a server i play on its called NoxFTB. Its a v1.1.3 FTB Unleashed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also i am trying to figure out how i can have the main computer retrieve storage info of my ME System (Part of Applied Energetics mod) and output that to my advanced monitors where my power is to be displayed (Underneath the info of my energy levels) .

#2 surferpup

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

Here is how you get energy stored from a redstone energy cell. I assume you have a computer and that the Redstone Energy Cell is on its left side.

energyCell = peripheral.wrap("left")
local energy = energyCell.getEnergyStored()
print ("Energy Stored: "..tostring(energy))

There are several methods available to you when you peripheral.wrap a Redstone Enrgy Cell. They include:
  • setEnergyReceive()
  • setEnergySend()
  • getEnergyReceive()
  • getEnergySend()
  • getActivationEnergy()
  • getLatency()
  • getMinEnergyReceived()
  • getMaxEnergyReceived()
  • getMaxEnergyStored()
  • getEnergyStored()
  • getPowerProvider()
I have no idea what all of the methods do. You can experiment with that yourself. :)

If this was helpful to you, please vote my response up.

Edited by surferpup, 17 February 2014 - 09:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users