Jump to content




Mimic - ComputerCraft Web Emulator (HTML5)



192 replies to this topic

#41 awsmazinggenius

  • Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:59 AM

Oh, and if all else fails, you can just copy-paste from Sublime Text into the online editor, right?

EDIT: Try running fs.delete("rom") and notice that you do not get an error.

Edited by awsmazinggenius, 23 March 2014 - 03:01 AM.


#42 GravityScore

  • Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationLand of Meh

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:29 AM

View Postawsmazinggenius, on 23 March 2014 - 02:59 AM, said:

Oh, and if all else fails, you can just copy-paste from Sublime Text into the online editor, right?

EDIT: Try running fs.delete("rom") and notice that you do not get an error.

There's a tonne of fixes in the next version 1lann hasn't put on GitHub. I've fixed that in the next version :)

#43 oeed

    Oversimplifier

  • Members
  • 2,092 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:19 AM

Out of curiosity, will/are you basing this upon CC 1.6 or 1.5?

#44 GravityScore

  • Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationLand of Meh

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:35 AM

It's currently based on 1.58, but hopefully we'll update it to 1.6 once it's properly released. It shouldn't be too hard to update as most changes were Lua side in the rom, or to do with turtles, which we're not implementing.

#45 1lann

  • Members
  • 516 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:22 AM

Another update has been pushed to http://gravlann.github.io Now with HTTP get (Which means pastebin get works) and many other bug fixes! (No HTTP post ATM) A recap of recent significant features:
  • File editing in-browser with the left panel works
  • HTTP get works (mostly)
  • Buttons to forcefully terminate, shutdown and reboot the computer.
  • Moar error screens! (You can reboot the computer out of errors!)
  • Rendering has been fixed more, and has been tested to be able to run alongtimeago! (It's installed in the rom)
  • Tonnes of fixes
This will hopefully be finished by next week! (7 days).
Note that the FS api is still incomplete.

#46 TheOddByte

    Lazy Coder

  • Members
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

View Post1lann, on 23 March 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

Another update has been pushed to http://gravlann.github.io Now with HTTP get (Which means pastebin get works) and many other bug fixes! (No HTTP post ATM) A recap of recent significant features:
  • File editing in-browser with the left panel works
  • HTTP get works (mostly)
  • Buttons to forcefully terminate, shutdown and reboot the computer.
  • Moar error screens! (You can reboot the computer out of errors!)
  • Rendering has been fixed more, and has been tested to be able to run alongtimeago! (It's installed in the rom)
  • Tonnes of fixes
This will hopefully be finished by next week! (7 days).
Note that the FS api is still incomplete.
Love the new update! :D

#47 TheOddByte

    Lazy Coder

  • Members
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

Hmm.. It seems there is something screwed up with the character @
Posted Image
Whenever you type it and then press backspace to remove it a white line appears
EDIT: Found out that ~ is screwed up as well
Posted Image

Edited by Hellkid98, 23 March 2014 - 01:55 PM.


#48 GravityScore

  • Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationLand of Meh

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

View PostHellkid98, on 23 March 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

Hmm.. It seems there is something screwed up with the character @

Whenever you type it and then press backspace to remove it a white line appears
EDIT: Found out that ~ is screwed up as well


Thanks for that, fixed in the master branch of GitHub. Just need to bug 1lann before it'll be up on gravlann.github.io.

#49 Imgoodisher

  • Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

On Firefox pressing =, +, -, or _ (anything on the 2 buttons between 0 and backspace) doesn't do anything.

#50 GravityScore

  • Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationLand of Meh

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

View PostImgoodisher, on 23 March 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

On Firefox pressing =, +, -, or _ (anything on the 2 buttons between 0 and backspace) doesn't do anything.

Thanks! Fixed in GitHub master (not on gravlann.github.io). Need to bug 1lann to get it uploaded.

#51 1lann

  • Members
  • 516 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

http://gravlann.github.io has been updated for fixing everything above, and has improved accuracy on os.setTimer! You can also now take screenshots with Mimic! :D

#52 awsmazinggenius

  • Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

As I see it, you cannot directly edit the files in your hard drive (they are in Chrome's storage), but you can just copy-paste from Sublime Text into the web editor, right?

#53 Imgoodisher

  • Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

I was bored so I tried to fix a few things. :)

#54 1lann

  • Members
  • 516 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

View Postawsmazinggenius, on 23 March 2014 - 06:28 PM, said:

As I see it, you cannot directly edit the files in your hard drive (they are in Chrome's storage), but you can just copy-paste from Sublime Text into the web editor, right?
Yes.

View PostImgoodisher, on 23 March 2014 - 07:58 PM, said:

Wow, thanks. Although the main reason why we didn't implement copying, moving and deletion was because we needed to write it with folder support. But all the other parts look fine, I'll take a closer look and merge it after school. Thanks.

#55 GravityScore

  • Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationLand of Meh

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

Moar features!
  • Startup scripts! Add ?pastebin=<a pastebin code> or ?url=<a url> to launch a script upon page load! Just add a link to Mimic at the bottom of your forum post, and allow people to live-demo your program with just a click!
  • Pasting
  • Ctrl T, S, and R (for terminate, shutdown, and reboot)
  • Save a screenshot to your computer
  • Bug fixes (of course)
Also, to anyone who feels like contributing, feel free to submit a pull request on GitHub!

Edited by GravityScore, 24 March 2014 - 11:08 AM.


#56 theoriginalbit

    Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

  • Moderators
  • 7,330 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostGravityScore, on 24 March 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

Startup scripts! Add ?pastebin=<a pastebin code> or ?url=<a url> to launch a script upon page load! Just add a link to Mimic at the bottom of your forum post, and allow people to live-demo your program with just a click!
That is so awesome Grav! Live demo test!

#57 GravityScore

  • Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationLand of Meh

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

Oh forgot to mention Mimic comes with LuaIDE in the rom. Just type ide filename (like you would with the edit program) to use it.

#58 Csstform

  • Members
  • 410 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

Shameless self-advertizing. :P

Ima try this out. Looks good!

#59 awsmazinggenius

  • Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

About the dummy text field thing - would that not make it so that only renderable characters can be typed? What about keys like the f# keys! the ctrl, alt, shift etc. keys and all those other keys?

#60 Cranium

    Ninja Scripter

  • Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Minor nitpick: Possibly add an error on not loading the HTML5 for those who do not have it enabled, or are on an older browser suchas at work or in school. If I recall, it's very easy to do, with only a few lines added.
I was not aware that HTML5 wasn't enabled on my work computer, and I allowed it to load for several minutes before tracking down the issue.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users