#81 Creeper9207

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:46 AM

this is a really good idea, you should also be able to modify default apis

#82 CherryPie

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Location3 Dimensions -> Void -> Universe -> Milky Way -> Cygnus Arm -> Sol -> Earth -> Nevada -> Area 51

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:42 PM

This would be amazing on servers to make the computers "anti-hackable" by disabling the auto boot from disk. +1!

#83 flaghacker

• Members
  • 655 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:24 PM

View PostCherryPie, on 18 July 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

This would be amazing on servers to make the computers "anti-hackable" by disabling the auto boot from disk. +1!

You can do that already (server-wide) with resource packs/by editing the computercraft jar file. If you want you can even make an os.setBootFromDisk (boolean) function.

#84 CherryPie

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Location3 Dimensions -> Void -> Universe -> Milky Way -> Cygnus Arm -> Sol -> Earth -> Nevada -> Area 51

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:46 AM

View Postflaghacker, on 18 July 2015 - 08:24 PM, said:

View PostCherryPie, on 18 July 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

You can do that already (server-wide) with resource packs/by editing the computercraft jar file. If you want you can even make an os.setBootFromDisk (boolean) function.

I thought that the suggestion was to elliminate this, lol. Also if you do it for every computer some might get mad and it would be hard to contact and concince the owner of the server that he/she should do it.

Edited by CherryPie, 19 July 2015 - 04:47 AM.

#85 Luca_S

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:35 PM

+1 I know that this topic is a bit old, but I really like it, so I have to say something here. I really like this idea, beacuse
  • Prevention of disk autobot,per computer
  • Something like UEFI/EFI/BIOS Menu
  • On servers, maybe not everyone wants ROM modification, but the people who want them can do them on there own

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users