ApfelOS Alpha 0.04 - Discontinued!

computer

33 replies to this topic

#1 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:56 PM

Please Note, that this OS is discontinued and DL was removed!

ApfelOS 1.0 had latly an update to Alpha 0.04. Please update to the newest version to get support from me. (new Changelog is down there)

Posted Image

ApfelOS has the following Features:
  • A clock programm
  • a Registration/Login system with 2 Stage User rights
  • Ice-Browser by Cutecurtain
  • luaIDE by GravityScore
  • Sketch by oeed
  • an update program (usually selected as autoupdate)
  • cool Desktop UI
  • a reboot and a shutdown option
  • an easy to use Theme changer and theme base for everyone (if you want to have your theme to download for everybody, send me the Theme via PM and I implement it in the next Alpha)
  • changable backgrounds
  • Rainbow-Crash-Screen (Rainbow because, it's color can get changed via Theme)
  • an Market
  • Desktop Icons (at the moment only a games Folder and Disk)
  • mostly windowed OS
The following Features are planed:
  • a programming API (anybody can programm things for this OS)
  • better Account management
  • mutiple screen support
  • a language file (anybody can translate the OS)
  • a clock which is present on the desktop

Legend: will be coming in next update, it needs more time

Pictures: (I really need to update these)
Spoiler

Changelog
Spoiler

I've once created the OS in german only for subscriber from my YT channel. I'm sorry for the bad english, because i'm from germany. This is my first attempt to program anything. So i hope i get for that little thing good feedback :unsure: . If you see any bug, please report it to me. I already know some bugs, so i put them under this text. There is also a bluesrceen, that only appears if a File is missing or the OS is going in a shell. If you go in the ice-browser, then go in the ApfelOS Folder and run Error.abf then it should be there too. There is also a Version for PDA's, but this is more a test program to test the capebileties of PDA's. There is now a Theme Changer in ApfelOS and if you want to have your own theme to download for everybody, please send me your theme via PM so i can add it in an future update. Please note, that i'm planning to make an automaticly detection if there is a new theme on your Computer or on my pastebin. But this plan will be truth on update to Alpha 0.04.
There is no longer any support for the Home version (BW version) (on BW computers you can install it, but no longer on golden computers)!

This is only for computers! Not for turtles! Else the graphics of the OS are corrupted!

Bugs in the newest version
  • in the bluescreen you can shutdown the computer also with CTRL + T else it would go in a shell (if anybody know how to provide this please tell me)
  • You can terminate the registration in the installer
for Download type in: (Again this is only for Computers not for turtles OR PDA's) (Themes from Alpha 0.03.1 and older are not working with Themes from Alpha 0.03.2 the same is with the other direction so please, please update!)
Updating from Alpha 0.02 or older to Alpha 0.03 and higher with the repair option could cause userfile problems. Please uninstall the OS and then reinstall it again!
Removed DL

Download the Theme Dev-Kit: (This is only for golden Computers!) (This is Alpha 0.03.2, please double check your Version before sending in your Theme)
Removed DL

Download PDA version: (This is Only for PDA's not for Computers!)
Removed DL

Edited by Chickenbreadlp, 18 December 2015 - 01:56 PM.

#2 Orginalet

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Location~/Desktop

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:40 AM

Looks promising. I might try it out later today :) Just one question:

one account can have multiple passwords
Why would one account need more than one password? :huh:

#3 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:26 AM

Nice job.

I've run in to a few 'No such program' bugs. I think you're assuming the users is running it off a disk.

Most of the files are in German, but I managed to understand most of it, although many won't be able to (I've been learning German for 4 years).

#4 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

View PostOrginalet, on 09 March 2014 - 12:40 AM, said:

one account can have multiple passwords
Why would one account need more than one password? :huh:
It's more like a bug. It can't detect if there is already an Account with that Name.

View Postoeed, on 09 March 2014 - 02:26 AM, said:

Nice job.

I've run in to a few 'No such program' bugs. I think you're assuming the users is running it off a disk.

Most of the files are in German, but I managed to understand most of it, although many won't be able to (I've been learning German for 4 years).
1th thank you for the good feedback. 2nd It should run all by itselve (without disk, only the Setup). I see what i can do and if I can't find the problem, then I'm sorry. 3rd whoops :blink: ! I should do that NOW. I'm really really sorry.

Edited by Chickenbreadlp, 09 March 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#5 kornichen

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

Looks good and reminds me to KreOS 1.0 back in early times, dont know why. I think because of the X button in the top right corner and the blue status bar.
Sieht gut aus bis jetzt. Erinnert mich etwas an KreOS 1.0 damals, weiß nicht warum. Wahrscheinlich wegen des
X Buttons oben rechts in der Ecke und der blauen Status Leiste.

Edited by kornichen, 10 March 2014 - 05:44 PM.

#6 Agoldfish

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSome Fish Bowl in Ohio.

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

Erm... Will a .rar file work for a pack? Also, pastebin please?

#7 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostLeGoldFish, on 10 March 2014 - 10:16 PM, said:

Erm... Will a .rar file work for a pack? Also, pastebin please?
You probebly sayed it already. This is a pack. So it would be not so easy to do that on pastebin as a single File. But I see what i can do.
Whohoo! A new objective until Alpha 0.02!

#8 Csstform

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

ApfelOS.... nice.

(I translated that by myself)

#9 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Update to Alpha 0.02 is released! Now with pastebin installer and other improved stuff.

#10 ExplosiveFerrets

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

Nice job, like It.

You should make the startup time a bit shorter.

#11 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostAquaBird, on 19 April 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

Nice job, like It.

You should make the startup time a bit shorter.
Thank you for your good Feedback! I try to make the Startupscreen looks better and to make it shorter. So, please wait until Alpha 0.03

#12 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Because of the new Blue Color in CC1.6 i've edited the colors of the existing Bluescreen. I'm introducing the Rainbow-Crash-Screen!

Edited by Chickenbreadlp, 22 April 2014 - 12:28 PM.

#13 viluon

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

Oh dear, get rid of that fake loading at the beginning of the installer please, it reminds me this parody of an OS www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/18056-neoos-a-new-os-that-includes-login-v10-wip-adding-buttonsbackground-soon/ P.S. haven't tested yet, but the UI looks nice

EDIT: sorry for the link, mobile device -_-

Edited by viluon, 21 April 2014 - 09:16 PM.

#14 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:06 AM

View Postviluon, on 21 April 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

Oh dear, get rid of that fake loading at the beginning of the installer please, it reminds me this parody of an OS www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/18056-neoos-a-new-os-that-includes-login-v10-wip-adding-buttonsbackground-soon/ P.S. haven't tested yet, but the UI looks nice

I understand what you mean... one of the most questions that I had befor releasing Alpha 0.01 was: "Are the loading screens not too long?"
As you can see, i don't want to have too long loading screens. Just say what is not so great and i try to make it better!

Edited by Chickenbreadlp, 22 April 2014 - 07:07 AM.

#15 viluon

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:18 AM

View PostChickenbreadlp, on 22 April 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

I understand what you mean... one of the most questions that I had befor releasing Alpha 0.01 was: "Are the loading screens not too long?"
As you can see, i don't want to have too long loading screens. Just say what is not so great and i try to make it better!
I don't mean long loading screens, I mean the fake ones...

#16 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:37 PM

View Postviluon, on 22 April 2014 - 07:18 AM, said:

A little bit of realistic loading should be there, not that your start the computer and the OS is immediately there. so fake loading screens are not bad as log, they are not too long (something like 5 minutes for booting and the computer does nothing is defenetly too long). I try to make it realistic and not too many time waste, but after that you have something that help's people who can't use an terminal. (sorry for my english i'm german)

Off topic:
Next Alpha has a easy to use Theme changer and you can create your own theme with the base that comes with Alpha 0.03.

#17 viluon

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

View PostChickenbreadlp, on 22 April 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

View Postviluon, on 22 April 2014 - 07:18 AM, said:

EDIT: sorry for the link, mobile device -_-/>/>
A little bit of realistic loading should be there, not that your start the computer and the OS is immediately there. so fake loading screens are not bad as log, they are not too long (something like 5 minutes for booting and the computer does nothing is defenetly too long). I try to make it realistic and not too many time waste, but after that you have something that help's people who can't use an terminal. (sorry for my english i'm german)

Off topic:
Next Alpha has a easy to use Theme changer and you can create your own theme with the base that comes with Alpha 0.03.
Why? Quick start is useful, look at CraftOS. It'd be different if u were e.g. loading APIs while waiting, but you don't even do that...

Edit: Of course u can design e.g. welcome screen but fake loading is simply unprofessional...

Edited by viluon, 22 April 2014 - 12:42 PM.

#18 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

View Postviluon, on 22 April 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

Why? Quick start is useful, look at CraftOS. It'd be different if u were e.g. loading APIs while waiting, but you don't even do that...

Edit: Of course u can design e.g. welcome screen but fake loading is simply unprofessional...
Sorry for the late reply. I was working on Alpha 0.03 for ApfelOS. So, I try to delete this fake loading screen. This means: Wait until next Update. I try to implemate many new things. At Alpha 0.02 and Alpha 0.01 the loadingscreen was also a placeholder for real loading in later upcoming updates, like the update to Alpha 0.03. And for now is this discussion about fake loadingscreens closed for me.

Off topic:
I've add the download for the themebase and the themetester to the original post. So, if you want to make your own theme before release of Alpha 0.03, download the Theme Dev-Kit and create your own theme.

Edited by Chickenbreadlp, 24 April 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#19 H4X0RZ

• Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

"Bug" Report:

In the Theme-Dev-Kit-Installer (strange word xD) is a mistake on line 25: It's "read" not "readed" ^^
Strange thing, I know. But it's an irregular verb D:

BTW: read in past is kinda pronounced like "red" ^^

This bug is not crucial, but it looks kinda strange.

#20 Chickenbreadlp

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

View PostFreack100, on 24 April 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

"Bug" Report:

In the Theme-Dev-Kit-Installer (strange word xD) is a mistake on line 25: It's "read" not "readed" ^^
Strange thing, I know. But it's an irregular verb D:

BTW: read in past is kinda pronounced like "red" ^^

This bug is not crucial, but it looks kinda strange.
Thank you, for your bug report! I will instantly fix it... the bug is no loger present!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users