Pocket PC (CC1.6 [was in beta])

4 replies to this topic

#1 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

I have suggestions for the pocket computer crafting recipe (to me the golden apple seems out of place)
perhaps the apple could be replaced with a wireless modem (we will only be using them as a network remote anyway)
also its a pocket computer, which means it would be smaller than a normal computer, so take less resources, take out the corners in the recipe?

Edit: I have had another idea for the recipe, replace the golden apple with a note block and add the ability to make the pocket computer to beep at the player (an idea that Dan had but never implemented [I think])#

(is there any way to change the name of a topic post? "currently in beta" is a bit out of date now)

Edited by Lupus590, 20 May 2015 - 08:17 PM.

#2 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

View PostLupus590, on 20 March 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

I have suggestions for the pocket computer crafting recipe (to me the golden apple seems out of place)
perhaps the apple could be replaced with a wireless modem (we will only be using them as a network remote anyway)
also its a pocket computer, which means it would be smaller than a normal computer, so take less resources, take out the corners in the recipe?
I believe the recipe was temporary. Also, the wireless modems have not been added yet (afaik)

#3 awsmazinggenius

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

I think the recipe was meant to be expensive. The current recipe is relatively cheap, anyways. (I have an enchanted-golden-apple farm using MFR's spawners and grinders and OreSpawn's (or whatever mod that adds them) enchanted golden apple cows.) But an apple does seem to suggest that the pocket computer is an iPhone.

#4 GeniusName3

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

I honestly believe that the pocket computer should have a battery but I don't see it being added unless there would be a program to tell the battery life or it being written on the computer border.The ability to craft the battery would enter a more chemical science part of the mod;It would not fit right with the mod's theme due to batteries being made of electrochemical cells.Then if there were batteries there would be a charger added and it just wouldn't fit well.

#5 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostGeniusName3, on 02 April 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

I honestly believe that the pocket computer should have a battery but I don't see it being added unless there would be a program to tell the battery life or it being written on the computer border.The ability to craft the battery would enter a more chemical science part of the mod;It would not fit right with the mod's theme due to batteries being made of electrochemical cells.Then if there were batteries there would be a charger added and it just wouldn't fit well.

if pocket computers require power then so will normal computers, which would change the entire way that the mod works. if you want to try power requirements then follow Apemanzilla's advice and go to http://www.minecraft...computers-v125/ personally i like the current system, where turtles require fuel for movement but nothing else.

(another reason for computercraft over open computers for me is the simpler crafting system and the look of the turtles/robots. to me the opencomputer robots look strange. the built in persistence is nice though)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users