Ultimate Door Lock - PDA Opened Doors!

99 replies to this topic

#81 SimonT456

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:50 PM

This works great, i don't have any trouble with it.

#82 DoomRater

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPlanet Ark Factory

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:32 PM

Dang, I was hoping there'd be an easy fix to figure out in what direction a message came from, but all the API returns is a distance, which would require at least another computer on the same plane as the plane I want to exclude from having access in order to for example only open a door on floor 1 but not have it open from floor 2 where the computer actually is. Oh well, there are more manual ways to solve this problem including ANDing some secret door input method on top of being close enough.

#83 ninja4523

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:50 AM

This is a nice program but it would be nice if there was an option to choose whether or not you want doors to open when you get close to them. Also if you made an option to use the PDA as a limited access system that allows users to only access certain areas of the owner's base then that would be very cool.

#84 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:53 AM

View Postninja4523, on 22 November 2014 - 12:50 AM, said:

This is a nice program but it would be nice if there was an option to choose whether or not you want doors to open when you get close to them. Also if you made an option to use the PDA as a limited access system that allows users to only access certain areas of the owner's base then that would be very cool.

I might be misunderstanding you, but I'm pretty sure you can do both already.

With your first point, I don't really get it. Whats the point of the program if it doesn't open the door?

With the second point, you should be able to that. Just add the certain PDAs that have access to the doors they're meant to have access to.

#85 ninja4523

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:02 PM

Right now I have this set up in a large village house and I get too close to the door and it opens whether I want it to or not. So maybe a locking system would be good. There is a system like that for pgps which is compatible with this program.

#86 Dex_Luther

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:09 PM

I'm sorry for posting in this somewhat old thread, but I wanted to say thank-you to the author. Just found this, and it's very useful.

View Postaoi222, on 28 April 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

First off, love the program, keep up the great work.

I had a couple suggestions that I noticed while playing around with the program.

1) The program doesn't play nice with external monitors unless you make them 5x3 or larger. It would be awesome if it could scale the GUI a bit based on the size of the monitor. Alternatively, direct support for an external monitor that just displays status information could be useful as well.

2) If you have a wired modem connected, which is again useful for connecting external monitors, there can be issues with the program not finding the wireless modem (depending on which side it is attached to).

I haven't been able to connect the monitors at all. Either by wired modems or sticking them to any of the sides of the computer. Did you modify the code at all or does it support monitors "right out of the box"?

Edited by Dex_Luther, 02 February 2015 - 11:09 PM.

#87 cygnis

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:59 PM

View Postoeed, on 26 April 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

View PostCastleMan2000, on 26 April 2014 - 08:13 PM, said:

Could you also make the program compatible with regular wireless pocomps? I don't have any advanced ones :/
Yea it does work with regular computers.

I haven't been successful in getting it to work with a regular computer. It just keeps telling me it requires an advanced one.

#88 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:58 PM

View Postcygnis, on 14 February 2015 - 09:59 PM, said:

View Postoeed, on 26 April 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

View PostCastleMan2000, on 26 April 2014 - 08:13 PM, said:

Could you also make the program compatible with regular wireless pocomps? I don't have any advanced ones :/
Yea it does work with regular computers.

I haven't been successful in getting it to work with a regular computer. It just keeps telling me it requires an advanced one.
That's odd. I haven't really used this much recently, but I'm pretty sure it works. I don't even think it still has that message. Can you post a screenshot?

#89 cygnis

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:07 AM

Last three lines of your pastebin code (4QeAEiTM):
else
	 print('Ultimate Door Lock requires an advanced (gold) computer or pocket computer.')
end

Screenshot:
Spoiler

#90 _removed

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:31 PM

Great work oeed! Keep up the good work!

#91 cygnis

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:09 PM

Any ideas what may be the issue?

#92 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:21 PM

It says what the "issue" is right in the screenshot. 'Ultimate door lock requires an advanced computer'

#93 cygnis

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:33 PM

View Postoeed, on 24 March 2014 - 08:36 AM, said:

View PostCometWolf, on 24 March 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

Logically you would name it the same as your username :P
It just makes the setup process harder really, if I find a public 1.6 server I'll try it out there and see if there's a need.

Update 1 Released

This update adds support for non-advanced computers. Both PDAs and computers will work with out colour screens. This is the first time I've actually made a non-advanced computer GUI, so it's been a bit of an experiment to get it working at an acceptable level of usability. The key in square brackets is they key you press to click the button.
Posted Image

There may be a few bugs related to this, if you do find anything let me know.

No. First update was support to regular computers.

#94 rexthecapt

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:00 PM

Can you change it so you have 2 buttons on the PDA that open and close the door instead for just open when you turn it on?

#95 ME System Boy

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:30 PM

View PostGravityScore, on 23 March 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

Been a while since I clicked on a link to a door lock program! :P Great job, looks awesome. Time to test it out.
Me too! i already tested this with MalisisDoors and i made a vault door to all of my chests, The PDA Feature was very well done :) i have a screenshot of it:
(btw sorry for the pic sharing website.)
http://tinypic.com/r/mryd1h/9
It was truely a great door lock program!

PS. Um this was a very amazing program but i found a bug, it would shutdown the Advanced computer sometimes (at least on my pc) and then i would open it up again and it would say

You need a wireless modem!
and i had a wireless modem!

#96 Bye.

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:01 PM

Good job man!

#97 houseofkraft

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:29 PM

When i was testing it out it seemed pretty nice, now i can enter my house safely and easily. Thanks oeed!

#98 XavierTheSniper

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 04:56 AM

Hello, I don't know if you know this or not but on 1.7 of computer craft its gives an error for line 623: attempt to call nil then it just gives the crashing msg then continuously reboots. When I tried fixing it by removing that line the PDAs did not download the info they needed. Hopefully you fix this as I this is one of the only door openers that gives a pastebin that uses the Advanced personal computers.

#99 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:35 AM

XavierTheSniper, add this line to the top of the program:
unpack = table.unpack

Developers, use this to support all versions:
unpack = unpack or table.unpack

#100 AlexG_1337

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

There Should Be A Button Called Lock And It Will Stop The Door From Opening :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users