Pocket ToDo v2.0 - [advanced & reg pocket computers]

24 replies to this topic

#1 Csstform

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

Hello all! I saw this category this morning, and wanted to get in on the action! So, I have created a todo list! This list works on both Advanced and Default Pocket Computers, so give it a try! I plan to add support for syncing with a computer terminal and monitor support from there.

Pastebin:
pastebin get 29h31MtZ

Or, download it from GitHub!

Pics:
Spoiler

Edit: fixed Topic Typo

Edited by Csstform, 07 April 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#2 Agoldfish

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSome Fish Bowl in Ohio.

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

Pocket is spelled wrong in the title. XD
Maybe add multiple pages of todo's and categories for them?

#3 Shazz

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

This program works perfectly fine on computers (and turtles even). I don't see why it has to be specific to this section.
Either way, it's a cool little program although having more than 9 slots would be nice.

#4 Csstform

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostShazz, on 28 March 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

This program works perfectly fine on computers (and turtles even). I don't see why it has to be specific to this section.
Either way, it's a cool little program although having more than 9 slots would be nice.
In it's current state most if not all 'PC' programs can run on a normal terminal. I made this with mobility in mind, thus, the Pocket Computer. I have some ideas with this though, which do involve more items.

#5 awsmazinggenius

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

It would be nice if this could sync through the internet to have the same to-do list on multiple servers.

EDIT: I've done something like this (syncing through the internet with the limitations that CC has) in my OS, using PHP and AES encryption (using the ComputerCraftCrypto thing somebody here posted). (You http.post() the encrypted file to the PHP script, which stores it in a file that the program http.get()'s and decrypts using the agreed upon key, if it makes any sense. )

Edited by awsmazinggenius, 28 March 2014 - 04:49 PM.

#6 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

What benefits does this have over just storing your list in a file using edit?

#7 Shazz

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

View PostCsstform, on 28 March 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

In it's current state most if not all 'PC' programs can run on a normal terminal. I made this with mobility in mind, thus, the Pocket Computer. I have some ideas with this though, which do involve more items.

The only other PC program in this section right now is Ultimate Door Lock. While it might run on a normal terminal, it doesn't make sense to run it on anything besides the PC. This program is compatible with normal terminals and it also makes sense to use it on a terminal (if you wanted to). That's why I think this program shouldn't be specific to this section, that way more people will see this and be able to use it (especially those who haven't updated). Anyway, if you do plan on implementing some mobility features, then I'm looking forward to it.

#8 Lego Stax

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationThe dark depths of the web

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

What emulator are you using in the screenshots? Because, I've been looking for one for awhile, but I haven't found one yet. Also, that's a nice little tool you have there! I'll have to try it out when I get home.

Edited by cutyehair104, 28 March 2014 - 07:07 PM.

#9 Csstform

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

View PostCometWolf, on 28 March 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

What benefits does this have over just storing your list in a file using edit?
None, yet. Except its prettier. :P

Planned Features (ATM):
Spoiler

View Postcutyehair104, on 28 March 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

What emulator are you using in the screenshots? Because, I've been looking for one for awhile, but I haven't found one yet. Also, that's a nice little tool you have there! I'll have to try it out when I get home.

CCEmu is the green one - no longer supported.

#10 Alice

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

View Postawsmazinggenius, on 28 March 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

It would be nice if this could sync through the internet to have the same to-do list on multiple servers.

EDIT: I've done something like this (syncing through the internet with the limitations that CC has) in my OS, using PHP and AES encryption (using the ComputerCraftCrypto thing somebody here posted). (You http.post() the encrypted file to the PHP script, which stores it in a file that the program http.get()'s and decrypts using the agreed upon key, if it makes any sense. )
oh hey I could use my GitHub website to do that.
Return a handle of the page, read all, unserialize, then make todo list based on table.
EDIT: Just realized I would have to manually edit it.
I'll probably do it when I get a VPS.

Edited by Death, 28 March 2014 - 08:44 PM.

#11 masterdisasterHD

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:45 PM

Lol i already made one :3
http://www.computerc...p?/topic/17384-

#12 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

View PostShazz, on 28 March 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

The only other PC program in this section right now is Ultimate Door Lock. While it might run on a normal terminal, it doesn't make sense to run it on anything besides the PC. This program is compatible with normal terminals and it also makes sense to use it on a terminal (if you wanted to). That's why I think this program shouldn't be specific to this section, that way more people will see this and be able to use it (especially those who haven't updated). Anyway, if you do plan on implementing some mobility features, then I'm looking forward to it.

Ultimate Door Lock does run on normal computers, in fact, you have to use it on a normal computer at least once.

#13 Csstform

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

You can expect an update within the next few days!

Features:
~Themes
~Easy theme switcher
~Everything has key shortcuts
~Screen stretching - will fit itself to any screen

Notes:
I have decided to not support touch input, mainly because it will be a pain to code/use. I plan on adding rednet support next, and possibly a way to sync with other servers. (maybe through a github repo?) Also, this will be part of a suite of programs.

Please give me input on what feature you want, and what program I should start working on next.

~Csstform

#14 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

Please give me input on what feature you want, and what program I should start working on next.
I want touch input! :P Seriously, why not do it? It's not that hard to do even if your program adjusts to the screen. Use touchmaps.

#15 Csstform

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

View PostCometWolf, on 04 April 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

I want touch input! :P/> Seriously, why not do it? It's not that hard to do even if your program adjusts to the screen. Use touchmaps.
I have never done touchscreen... :\

#16 masterdisasterHD

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

View PostCsstform, on 04 April 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

I want touch input! :P/> Seriously, why not do it? It's not that hard to do even if your program adjusts to the screen. Use touchmaps.

You got a link for the cc emulator ya got?

#17 Csstform

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

View PostmasterdisasterHD, on 04 April 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

You got a link for the cc emulator ya got?
Unfortunately, no. The main one I use is no longer supported(no download) and the oyher one is unreleased(also no download.) I can definitely reccomend trying Gamax's emulator as it is fast and simple, which I would most likely be using if I did not have an obsession with the old emulator.

#18 Lua.is.the.best

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

View PostShazz, on 28 March 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

Don't you mean PDA?
Most people refer to a Pocket Computer as a PDA.

#19 Engineer

• Members
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

View PostCsstform, on 04 April 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

Here is a tutorial: http://www.computerc...e-buttons-in-cc
[/shameless self promoting]

#20 Csstform

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

View PostLua.is.the.best, on 05 April 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

Don't you mean PDA?
Most people refer to a Pocket Computer as a PDA.
PDA, Pocket Computer, PC, Pocket Creature, Pokemon. Same thing. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users