Schematic builder

turtle

43 replies to this topic

#21 dragontox

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

dragontox, on 10 April 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

I have the same issue as wilderP although this occured to me after placing 3000 thousand blocks.

Which issue?
The issue where the turtle keeps saying that he is stuck and does not move on even after i press enter. It does move on in the calculations but the turtle himself is stuck in place

During the building I also noticed a few things if he cannot place blocks down he ignored them if a path infront him is blocked he will break the block but not replace the block under it.

The program will not clear areas - you will need to make sure the area is cleared beforehand. The turtle would have to traverse to every block in the area otherwise.

Okay i did not know this yet I will make sure to flatten the area

You already said you tested this on a server, but if you want to test it into more details feel free to join in and do as you please

I would like more details - is that what you mean?

Im trying to say that you are welcome to come and test it on our server if it helps you in anyway. It is a very big script you made and I would like to provide all help I can give you with it

#22 joebodo

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

I have the same issue as wilderP although this occured to me after placing 3000 thousand blocks.

Which issue?
The issue where the turtle keeps saying that he is stuck and does not move on even after i press enter. It does move on in the calculations but the turtle himself is stuck in place

Got it now - the stuck message is due to (most likely) running out of fuel. There's a couple other ways to get it as well - hitting bedrock or unable to kill a mob in it's path.

Send me a PM with the server details and a good time and I'll jump on. I'd love to see what you guys are building too. You could also pop onto Cranium's IRC and see if I'm around. Here's the post with all the info: http://www.computerc...mproved-server/

#23 joebodo

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

WilberP, on 11 April 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

A GPS is not required - not really sure why that changed anything!

Oh man - it just occurred to me that it was probably out of fuel (if getting the stuck message). I'll add some fuel check in the code so you know what's going on.

WilberP, on 11 April 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

Could be me being a noob, i have just now start using ComputerCraft and since Turtle was not building, complaining that was blocked, i had no idea how it would get to the start position, doing a GPS network and applied the "gps locate" on the turtle it start working.

Me and my friends sure loving the program in my server so we really thankful for this program even if it's a early release, it's a great work.

Something we notice it's that without world anchors is pretty annoying to restart build since it requires a chest (of course everyone start doing big schematics), so turtle need to be move to the starting position, maybe start from where is at moment if exist the progress file and bypass the Chest check?

Also didn't figure exactly where it start build the schematic from the start position, does it consider the block in front of turtle as the left down corner of the schematic or it give some spaces before doing it?

Turtle also destroy what it finds while on path to the building, any chance if is given the starting position to build and place the chest area above the building it will not damage the surroundings and allow precision building of schematics next to each others?

Also only the bellow chest is small for bigger buildings, need to check more about this ComputerCraft to see if already exist ways to "present" more chest to the turtle..

I'm not really considering a auto-resume function at this time (the manual resume should be 100% reliable - auto-resume would not be).

If you are going to be doing big builds, I really suggest trying an AE system. The AE system can tie in with most other mods (it does not need to be your primary source for storage - just a means for retrieving items).

Right now, the turtle starts at position -1, 0, -1 of the building. I agree that having the position within the building coordinates would be ideal - but I can't figure out a good way to do that. For example, I had a building that was 80 blocks tall. I wouldn't want to have the starting position that high up and have to run cable there :)

#24 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

joebodo, on 10 April 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

I base64'd the file and transferred it using http.get. I then decoded the base64 file on the turtle. I agree it would be nice to include a download program. I don't know how people are getting binaries currently on servers (if they are at all) - I would like recommendations or some pointers if anyone is doing this. If I cannot find something existing, I'll go ahead and post what I use.
Oh yeah, I would absolutely love to have that included in the program. It would make a great addition, considering people could easily just download .schematic files from websites or other file hosting services.

#25 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:52 PM

Cranium, on 11 April 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

I base64'd the file and transferred it using http.get. I then decoded the base64 file on the turtle. I agree it would be nice to include a download program. I don't know how people are getting binaries currently on servers (if they are at all) - I would like recommendations or some pointers if anyone is doing this. If I cannot find something existing, I'll go ahead and post what I use.
Oh yeah, I would absolutely love to have that included in the program. It would make a great addition, considering people could easily just download .schematic files from websites or other file hosting services.
Even better you could include it IN the program. Maybe a system where it asks for a link, which is sent in a POST request to a server that checks and encodes the file before sending it back it is decoded. There's no shortage of free web hosts out there :P

Edited by Apemanzilla, 12 April 2014 - 11:52 PM.

#26 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

Apemanzilla, on 12 April 2014 - 11:52 PM, said:

Even better you could include it IN the program. Maybe a system where it asks for a link, which is sent in a POST request to a server that checks and encodes the file before sending it back it is decoded. There's no shortage of free web hosts out there :P
But that would require someone to host the files. Already, you can host .schematic files on planetminecraft, so all you'd need to do is get the download link from that site.
But yes. The public demands that you add this functionality. DEMANDS IT!

#27 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

Cranium, on 13 April 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

Apemanzilla, on 12 April 2014 - 11:52 PM, said:

Even better you could include it IN the program. Maybe a system where it asks for a link, which is sent in a POST request to a server that checks and encodes the file before sending it back it is decoded. There's no shortage of free web hosts out there :P/>
But that would require someone to host the files. Already, you can host .schematic files on planetminecraft, so all you'd need to do is get the download link from that site.
But yes. The public demands that you add this functionality. DEMANDS IT!
What I mean is a PHP script that gets passed the URL to a schematic. It checks if it's valid, then converts said schematic into a safer form and send to along to the computer where it is converted back. No hosting needed.

#28 joebodo

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

Updated the OP with version v0.03. Fixed the issue with some blocks not being placed at all. Improved way to pick substitutions (much easier now).

Still working on the other requests...

#29 wulfbear_joe

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

I am sorry to come up with this kind of stupid question: But how do I use this program? I am completely new to CC and I don't have a clue atm. I am playing on a server, and I have access to it via FTP.
I got the advanced mining turtle and got the pastebin on it but how do I proceed?

#30 hotmaildotcom1

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

I am getting the error

Schematic.lua:184: unabled to open : Temple

Where temple is my file name. I have tried it on multiple blueprints now and it refuses to work. It has worked for me in the past and im super bummed that it wont now. Its an awesome program!

Sorry for my last post, i figured that out it was just in the wrong directory. Now though I am having trouble with the substitution screen. While once again it has worked on this same server, I cannot substitute any blocks in that screen. If I enter anything into the search menu the program stops and gives me the error

apis.lua:1520: attempt to perform arithmetic __add on string and number

I have tired entering words and block ids into the search menu. None of the other options work.

#31 MineFarms

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

Hey it wont even let me download builder.lua it downloads it but there is nothing in the file

#32 grazazel

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

I would love if you could post how you got the schematic onto a smp server please, cos at least that would allow us to start using online thanks

#33 mlarabie

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:55 AM

So I've tried to use your program but had a few troubles getting it going. It does work but not without it quirks which i'm sure are related to mod version miss-matches, so I'll list those to start.

Minecraft 1.6.4
ComputerCraft1.63.jar
OpenPeripheralCore-0.4.1.jar

I'm not using OpenPeripherals Addon.

First trouble is with the unpacking of setup into the various .lua files. the script creates the file builder.lua but fails to populated the file before ending without an error. This would stop most (I think) but I was determined to get a turtle schematic builder up and running. It took me a while to realize that you were trying to un-serialize a series of nested tables into their corresponding files. I figure the un-serialize function was probably the culprit so I set about manually rebuilding the files. a lot of copy paste and fixing of mistakes (mine) later, I had 5 .lua files, which all could be called without generating unexpected errors.

I've used the script to build a few structures and that seems to mostly work as advertised, with few exceptions.

things of note.
Pistons, your script calls for trying to place pistons and using some magic to get them into position to place things like stairs. seems something may have changed as the turtle only places pistons facing up, which has obvious consequences.

Stairs - the orientation that the stairs get placed in does not always match the .schematic file. easily fixed with a wrench if you're willing to follow your turtle around, as it places stairs upside down or backwards.

fuel - I had a bugger of a time figuring out why the program would crash to command line when using Applied Energistics storage vs chests. the first thing the turtle tries to pull out of your ME storage is coal. if it can't find any the program crashes with a 'nil' error. maybe the turtle could prompt the user for what it should use as fuel? or at least to add some to the storage.

I tried to use the logger (logMonitor.lua) on an advanced computer connected to a monitor (and without) but nothing ever gets displayed to either screen. As mentioned above i don't have OpenP Addons so I don't know if there'd be any luck using the glasses.

I've managed to work out a few issues on my own but the way you've developed this not so little program is above and beyond my ability to pick it apart. I don't know if the issues i've mentioned are related to my manual un-serialize process not being accurate or changes in MC, CC or OpenP.

I love the intuitive and friendly UI you've included it strikes a nice balance of information without overloading the user.

Here's to hoping you're still working on this program and that the bugs are easily squashed.

#34 Pyrocreation

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:20 PM

Any further updates? I am trying to use this for a MP server and I cannot figure out how to get past the builder.lau (filename) part to get the schematic onto the turtle to start. Any suggestions?

#35 kwstoudt

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationProvo, Utah

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:57 PM

mlarabie, on 28 August 2014 - 06:55 AM, said:

So I've tried to use your program but had a few troubles getting it going. It does work but not without it quirks which i'm sure are related to mod version miss-matches, so I'll list those to start.

Minecraft 1.6.4
ComputerCraft1.63.jar
OpenPeripheralCore-0.4.1.jar

The program maker said specifically in his first post that it requires computercraft 1.58. 1.63 will not work.

#36 kwstoudt

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationProvo, Utah

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:09 PM

Excellent program. I put it to the test by having it build a rather large tennis court schematic from minecraft-schematics.com and it went almost flawlessly. I did have to fix some stairs and doors, as well as break and replace signs (so I could get the text onto them) but other than that, perfect. Love it!

Side Note: I can't seem to get the log monitor to work...

Edited by kwstoudt, 19 October 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#37 Homer04

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:12 PM

@joebodo
Hi, looks really awesome. Haven't tried it yet because I've got a few questions:
1. Which format does the Turtle use? In World Edit it is possible to save the schematics with different formats...
2. If the Schematic contains air, (downstairs etc.) does the Turtle do this as well?

#38 hotmaildotcom1

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:06 AM

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I could get a .schematic file into a turtles folder without having to insert it from the server end? I love this program and I want to use it on a public server but cannot as I cant get the .schematic file to the turtles directory with my current knowledge.

#39 hotmaildotcom1

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:16 PM

Cranium, on 11 April 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

I think this is the answer to the question posed in my post above this, but my limited knowledge is prohibiting my use of your guys' experience. What process does "base64'd" refer to? I am looking for a way to pull .schematic files to my server via the web but cant figure it out.

#40 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:51 AM

hotmaildotcom1, on 27 January 2015 - 11:16 PM, said:

I think this is the answer to the question posed in my post above this, but my limited knowledge is prohibiting my use of your guys' experience. What process does "base64'd" refer to? I am looking for a way to pull .schematic files to my server via the web but cant figure it out.

Wikipedia said:

Base64 is a group of similar binary-to-text encoding schemes that represent binary data in an ASCII string format by translating it into a radix-64 representation. The term Base64 originates from a specific MIME content transfer encoding.

Base64 encoding schemes are commonly used when there is a need to encode binary data that needs to be stored and transferred over media that are designed to deal with textual data. This is to ensure that the data remains intact without modification during transport. Base64 is commonly used in a number of applications including email via MIME, and storing complex data in XML.

Source

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users