UrsaTech! CC, OC, peripherals, and furniture! [Now defunct]

545 replies to this topic

#481 Spero

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:24 PM

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll have to take a closer look at FTB Launcher.

#482 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:19 AM

I've been thinking of a way I can make the modpack better. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't offer alternative downloads. So yeah, expect a release for Technic Launcher soon. I'll have to make up some instructions on how to use it, just because I like to cover my bases, and make sure nobody has any issues. I've already done this for the vanilla launcher.

#483 Spero

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:19 AM

Nice, looking forward to it :) .

Also really detailed guide btw, looks good.

#484 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:15 PM

In case people weren't following my Blog, I've updated the server with more interesting things! Check out the news post here!

#485 tony1485

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

Hello there

I'm looking for a server to play on and yours looks interesting :)
Is it whitelisted? How's the community?

See you

#486 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:38 PM

There is no whitelist, and our community is mature and very friendly. Feel free to join us!

#487 tony1485

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:04 PM

Well actually there is something I didn't see in your FAQs. I'm honestly worried about griefing, since I left my previous server because of that matter.
And without whitelist, how do you prevent random people from blowing up your base while you're offline?

#488 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:39 PM

Actually, that part is covered by our FAQ. We do allow griefing, to an extent. We don't endorse it, but we acknowledge that with Forge mods, there's not a whole lot we can do to prevent griefing. So our stance is, if you happen to be the victim of a griefer, then you're more than welcome to tell us, and chances are, a lot of the other players would be willing to help you get revenge. This method actually works quite well so far, because things just get to the point where the people who've been ont he server for a long time will just nuke the griefer's base.
As an example, when our server was still on 1.6.4, we had ICBM installed. We had a real problem with a small group of players who made it their goal to pretty much anger everyy one of the other players, by griefing, stealing, and player killing. In the end, we got fed up with it, and nuked their base with antimatter bombs.
Posted Image
This is all that was left of their base.

However, for the most part, all of the players we have don't grief. They stay with their respective groups, and tend not to bother others. We haven't had an issue with griefing since the previous event ending with the antimatter explosives.

Feel free to read through the FAQ again if you have any other questions!

Edited by Cranium, 18 December 2014 - 06:40 PM.

#489 tony1485

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:59 PM

When I first read the FAQ, I thought playing on the server would a constant world war with no chance for new players. I'm happy to hear it's not the case.
Thanks for your explanation :) I'll join you later

#490 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:12 PM

Due to some frustrating issues with errors in the console and lots of lag recently, I'm going to try to update the server tonight if possible. Of course, I'll be testing things before making any changes.

#491 daltonoreo

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:48 AM

How do you install the mod pack?

#492 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:13 AM

View Postdaltonoreo, on 30 December 2014 - 01:48 AM, said:

How do you install the mod pack?
Installation

#493 natedogith1

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:18 AM

There's actually an issue with the installation instructions, the link to the download for forge isn't actually the installer.
Also, I seem to be having issues with the download, (it's getting to no more than 10% (11,000 kb or so) before stopping. (I'm just downloading the files from github now...)

Edited by natedogith1, 05 January 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#494 _removed

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:25 PM

I spotted this server just now, will go online when i get a chance tomorrow.

#495 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:53 AM

We've gone ahead and updated the server again. We'll have much more stability and better performance, so make sure you grab the latest version.
http://thatcraniumgu...dpack/download/

#496 cdel

• Banned
  • 496 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:41 AM

I only just realised how awesome and kickass this server is, will definitely be going later today.

#497 Terra1

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:48 PM

Can You Add Big Reactors To The Modpack It Is A Mod That Allows You To Make Giant Working Reactors With Animated Turbines And It Even Has A Computercraft Port That Allows You To Control The Reactor With Computercraft. Big Reactors Generates RF Which Is The Energy Thermal Expansion Uses Too.

#498 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:21 PM

View Postterrariola, on 22 March 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

Can You Add Big Reactors To The Modpack It Is A Mod That Allows You To Make Giant Working Reactors With Animated Turbines And It Even Has A Computercraft Port That Allows You To Control The Reactor With Computercraft. Big Reactors Generates RF Which Is The Energy Thermal Expansion Uses Too.

Why All The Random Capitalization?

#499 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:56 PM

I do plan to add a few more mods to the server, when I move it to a new box I'm currently building. As of now, the server is running at beta.thatcraniumguy.net, on a outdated laptop. I'm now building a dedicated server for it, with plenty of proccessing power. We'll be able to run quite a few more mods than before.

Expect the new box to be ready sometime this weekend.

#500 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:35 PM

I'm so glad everybody is enjoying the server right now. I'm definitely satisfied with the new host I've built. I was worried for a while that our network upload speed would be a problem, but it looks like it hasn't become an issue yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users