== gtRemote == (GUI Turtle Remote)

lua turtle wireless

29 replies to this topic

#21 yhsanave

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

it would be really cool if the forward, back, up, and down buttons turned red if there was anything in the way (blocks, players, ect)

#22 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:35 AM

That's a great idea, yhsanave. I'm currently working on some other projects, but when I get some time I'll take a look at adding that (there are some other things I want to revisit based on user comments and requests as well). No promises, but I really like the idea, so there's a pretty good chance I'll figure out a way to get it in there.

EDIT: Done! There is no turtle.detectBack() so I couldn't indicate whether backward movement was possible or not, but I have added detection for forward, up, and down (and the ability to toggle obstacle checking on and off for performance reasons). Grab the latest to get the new features.

Edited by Dog, 07 July 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#23 Tombot44

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:32 AM

Awesome! Going to use this to mine in bulk. Could you maybe put a way to create a queue so I could command it and it would do many things in order.

#24 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

View PostTombot44, on 16 July 2014 - 02:32 AM, said:

Awesome! Going to use this to mine in bulk. Could you maybe put a way to create a queue so I could command it and it would do many things in order.

I think you'll find this program is not useful for mining in bulk. If you want to mine with turtles I would recommend you look in the Turtle Programs section for a good mining program - it would take a *very* long time to do any significant mining with gtRemote.

Regarding a queue - I'm sorry to say that's well outside the intended scope of gtRemote and it's not something I plan on adding. However, if you want to use gtRemote as your 'main' program, you can run other programs (like mining programs) on the turtle from within gtRemote - just click on the black square (with the four dots) in the middle of the directional arrows, then type in the name of the program you want to run and any command line arguments. It's not a queue per se, but it should give you *some* of the functionality you are looking for.

#25 Hexxah24

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

How do I get access to a password locked turtle?

#26 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

View PostHexxah24, on 13 August 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

How do I get access to a password locked turtle?
Click the turtle entry with your middle mouse button to unlock and lock the turtle.

#27 SimonT456

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:53 PM

This program works great. Now i can go mining without falling into lava :)

#28 TheKickstart

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

This is awesome! It is like having a turtle in my pocket!
Good Job!

#29 ChocoPuppy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:56 PM

is it possible you could implement a goto function? and maybe middle clicking it makes it go to the player? a lot easier way to recall drones fast

#30 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:47 AM

View PostChocoPuppy, on 02 March 2015 - 10:56 PM, said:

is it possible you could implement a goto function? and maybe middle clicking it makes it go to the player? a lot easier way to recall drones fast
Hmm...I'll have to play around with that. Navigation is definitely outside my skill set, but I'll give it a shot. If I come up with something workable I'll include it in an update. Thanks for the suggestion :)

SimonT456 and TheKickstart - thank you for the compliments, I'm glad you both find the program useful :)

Edited by Dog, 03 March 2015 - 01:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users