[MC 1.7] [CC 1.74] Chunky Peripherals: Turtle chunkloaders! Mining chunkloaders! (CRMod)

peripheral turtle

69 replies to this topic

#41 Granik24

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:51 PM

Thank you for your mod! Now, it's in my modapck "ModFire" on FeedTheBeast :)

#42 The Lone Wolfling

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:35 PM

What's the license for this mod?

Also, could you add a chunkloader block? Seems a mite overkill to have a turtle sitting there just to load a chunk.

#43 _CR_

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMestre, Italy

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:31 PM

New version! v1.1.1.0
Added the chunky peripheral and the chunky detector.
Also defined a license, it's MIT! sources uploaded to github :)

#44 The Lone Wolfling

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

View Post_CR_, on 13 March 2015 - 05:31 PM, said:

New version! v1.1.1.0
Added the chunky peripheral and the chunky detector.
Also defined a license, it's MIT! sources uploaded to github :)
And there was great rejoicing!

#45 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:14 AM

Btw - for a wireless modem chunkloader it (should) be very simple. Change this:
public class ChunkyPeripheral implements IPeripheral
{
to this:
public class ChunkyPeripheral extends WirelessModemPeripheral
{
You'll also need to add this import:
import dan200.computercraft.shared.peripheral.modem.WirelessModemPeripheral;

I haven't tested this yet but it should make it work as a chunkloader and a wireless modem.

I think that would be more convenient for people than a digging peripheral as it wouldn't require you to change your turtle.dig calls to peripheral.dig

Edit: You should also include the (full) CC jar in your IDE so you actually have those files...

Edited by apemanzilla, 29 March 2015 - 02:37 AM.

#46 _CR_

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMestre, Italy

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:10 PM

Yes, I'll try making something like that, thanks :)
Maybe it could be even possible to make a generic peripheral that can be crafted with a generic upgrade and adds to it the chunk loading functionality... Maybe, maybe, I don't know when but I'll try to do it :)

Edit: my upgrades are peripherals instead of tools because in CC1.58 update() was called only on the peripherals. But from what I understand from the api and the sources now it's called also on tools... So I could simplify the code...

Edited by _CR_, 30 March 2015 - 02:40 PM.

#47 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:02 PM

View Post_CR_, on 30 March 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

Yes, I'll try making something like that, thanks :)/>
Maybe it could be even possible to make a generic peripheral that can be crafted with a generic upgrade and adds to it the chunk loading functionality... Maybe, maybe, I don't know when but I'll try to do it :)/>

Edit: my upgrades are peripherals instead of tools because in CC1.58 update() was called only on the peripherals. But from what I understand from the api and the sources now it's called also on tools... So I could simplify the code...

Hmm, not so sure about the generic peripheral idea. It could work but that's already sort of implemented by the peripheral system itself - no need to add a new way to use them.

#48 kukeiko

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:49 AM

Thanks a lot for this mod, it eliminates all the hassle of stationary chunk loaders!

View Postapemanzilla, on 29 March 2015 - 02:14 AM, said:

Btw - for a wireless modem chunkloader it (should) be very simple. Change this:

I took the freedom to try this out, but i failed to find the full computercraft source jar. Do you know where we can get it? Dan200 points to the api being shipped with the mod itself, but that only seems to contain the required classes to make custom peripherals, not extend from existing ones.

I would love to have the chunk loader in a wireless modem, since the modem is the one peripheral i'd love to never unequip, since then i wouldn't have serious delays between requests/responses to turtles that temporarily equip another peripheral in its slot.

Edited by kukeiko, 16 April 2015 - 03:01 PM.

#49 _CR_

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMestre, Italy

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:00 PM

I think the only way to get the sources is by decompiling. To avoid this I was thinking of getting a wireless peripheral object through reflection and use it in cascade (and maybe extending this system to use a generic peripheral). I'll probably start working on it in a week.

Ps: I don't know if it's possible to do it this way, it's just an idea

Edited by _CR_, 16 April 2015 - 11:03 PM.

#50 _CR_

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMestre, Italy

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:44 AM

I said I would have started in a week... But I've already done it! version 1.1.2.0 is out! :)

#51 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:52 AM

View Postkukeiko, on 16 April 2015 - 10:49 AM, said:

i failed to find the full computercraft source jar. Do you know where we can get it?
This is because ComputerCraft is closed source. Dan hasn't released the source at all.

View Post_CR_, on 16 April 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

To avoid this I was thinking of getting a wireless peripheral object through reflection and use it in cascade (and maybe extending this system to use a generic peripheral).
Since your mod is always dependent on ComputerCraft you could always import ComputerCraft as a library in your project and then you get direct access to the ComputerCraft classes. Compiling and running won't cause any issues because your mod always requires ComputerCraft anyway. For example if you use IntelliJ you could put the CC jar in the 'libs' folder right-click it and select "Use as library".

Edited by theoriginalbit, 18 April 2015 - 01:53 AM.

#52 flaghacker

• Members
  • 655 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:25 AM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 18 April 2015 - 01:52 AM, said:

View Postkukeiko, on 16 April 2015 - 10:49 AM, said:

i failed to find the full computercraft source jar. Do you know where we can get it?
This is because ComputerCraft is closed source. Dan hasn't released the source at all.

View Post_CR_, on 16 April 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

To avoid this I was thinking of getting a wireless peripheral object through reflection and use it in cascade (and maybe extending this system to use a generic peripheral).
Since your mod is always dependent on ComputerCraft you could always import ComputerCraft as a library in your project and then you get direct access to the ComputerCraft classes. Compiling and running won't cause any issues because your mod always requires ComputerCraft anyway. For example if you use IntelliJ you could put the CC jar in the 'libs' folder right-click it and select "Use as library".

Don't you have to deobvusticate it first?

#53 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:46 AM

View Postflaghacker, on 18 April 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

nope

#54 flaghacker

• Members
  • 655 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:02 AM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 18 April 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

View Postflaghacker, on 18 April 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

nope

That works too of course. But then you're indirectly deobvuscating...

#55 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:37 AM

View Postflaghacker, on 18 April 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

without the effort of actually having to deobfuscate

#56 flaghacker

• Members
  • 655 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:45 AM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 18 April 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

View Postflaghacker, on 18 April 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

without the effort of actually having to deobfuscate

*pffff* fine, you win... *pffff* :P

#57 kukeiko

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:31 AM

View Post_CR_, on 18 April 2015 - 12:44 AM, said:

I said I would have started in a week... But I've already done it! version 1.1.2.0 is out! :)

You will forever have a place in my heart <3

#58 EconBrony

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:34 PM

Just wanted to let you know I will be using your awesome mod chunky peripherals in the unlisted public mod pack PokeTech. Thanks for all your hard work!

#59 MrMoriarty

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:19 PM

Hey _CR_, this mod looks awesome and is *exactly* what I need for my turtles to work on a giant dig I'm doing (even QuarryPlus can't adequately deal with this without major agro). I'm using 1.6.4 (triple checked I'd got the right version :D), no errors but it doesn't show up at all in my game. I'm using FTB Monster 1.6.4 and there's a possible problem where the recipe for the chunk loader turtle add-on has the same recipe as something in buildcraft. Not sure how to change this or if this is even what causing the problem.
Any ideas on what might be the problem, I desperately need this mod so I can set the turtle to dig a 2000 x 2000 area and leave it, cos the quarries are doing my head in! If this is the wrong thread, please let me know and I'll post this elsewhere :)

#60 HPWebcamAble

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationWeb Development

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:40 PM

View PostMrMoriarty, on 18 August 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

there's a possible problem where the recipe for the chunk loader turtle add-on has the same recipe as something in buildcraft

If there does turn out to be a recipe conflict, you can use MineTweaker to change one of the recipes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users