Block manipulation API

8 replies to this topic

#1 c4ooo

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:22 AM

So I have a question- how do I make an API that will allow me to manipulate blocks? For example:
getID(x,y,z)
setBlock(x,y,z,ID)
Ime asking because I believe an ALI like that will have to be written in java.
So - is it possible?
Ps I don't want to wait until Forge and CC get updated to include the commands in the new snapshots.

#2 axel.codeFail()

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationA bit lost

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:51 AM

In the current version, I don't think there is a way to check the id of an item in the turtle's inventory. Sorry. :unsure:

#3 c4ooo

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:48 AM

axel.codeFail(), on 18 April 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

In the current version, I don't think there is a way to check the id of an item in the turtle's inventory. Sorry. :unsure:/>
Thank you for responding - what I mean is to set / get BLOCKS in the ACTUAL Minecraft world.
To replace the new /setBlock and /fill and /clone commands that we're added in the latest Minecraft snapshot.

#4 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:50 AM

Commandblocks probably could do something like that, but idk, as i've never used one.

#5 kornichen

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

There is no way except using command blocks I think.
Indeed you can set blocks with turtles but you can't get the ID of an item or a block because turtles are intended to be bind.
But the problem is that you can set blocks with commands blocks but I think you can't make the command block to return the ID of a block to the computer. It may work with peripherals but I am not familar with that.

#6 c4ooo

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

kornichen, on 18 April 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

There is no way except using command blocks I think.
Indeed you can set blocks with turtles but you can't get the ID of an item or a block because turtles are intended to be bind.
But the problem is that you can set blocks with commands blocks but I think you can't make the command block to return the ID of a block to the computer. It may work with peripherals but I am not familar with that.
yea- I could use comand blocks but there are 2 problems
1) the commands I want to use are in the newest Minecraft snapshots and I don't want to wait till all the different things get updated.
2) commend blocks are too derpy compared to actual code.
Now that I think of it, there should be a way to execute commands from a computer. It will make it way more dynamic.

#7 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

There is a command block peripheral API that can be enabled in the config.

#8 axel.codeFail()

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationA bit lost

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

Lyqyd, on 18 April 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

Wow, I wish I knew this before. I always just used multiple command blocks around a single computer. Thanks. :)

#9 c4ooo

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Lyqyd, on 18 April 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

Really? Thanks I will research about it :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users