[Off-Development]PockyOS v2.21 - Even more advanced pocket OS

computer utility api

150 replies to this topic

Poll: v2.2 poll (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Do ou like the update?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Is the current version buggy?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Should custom repos be my biggest priority for the next version?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationKaunas, Lithuania

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:21 AM

View Postapemanzilla, on 04 June 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

I didn't mean you changed the function yourself. If you accidentally missed a local and made a new global with the same name, or something along those lines, it might error.

I don't use any CC OS, except occasionally to provide feedback or testing.
That was my lesson, I need to make my functions local and ask for developers to make their programs with local functions

Edit:
Woo! 100th post in this topic!

Edited by thediamondgames, 05 June 2014 - 07:22 AM.

#102 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

Well... update progress: Added custom languages and made all functions local to avoid people getting Konlab's scenario

#103 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

More progress: Password is finally being hashed using GravityScore's SHA256 implementation, now adding custom repos support for craftstore, doing final touches on languages then looking what to add more. Also the installer is going to be updated what would include "Beta release installation", also editing it to make even better. Also recovery mode is coming for easier troubleshooting.

Edited by thediamondgames, 05 June 2014 - 12:13 PM.

#104 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

Whoo! In the new update you will get even more privacy! Your notes are going to be encrypted with your password, well... PixelToast's encryption is not the safetiest one, your files won't be read by some kids, but pros can easely decrypt everything. I was focused not on max security but on high speed. This encryption encrypts/decrypts files with over 1000 lines in seconds and unlike some other encryptions that reboots CC Machine while trying to encrypt/decrypt files that are just 50 lines. The only problem is - while accessing files, they are going to be decrypted and server owner at that time can read the note, but in later updates going to create my own text editor which will specially support this encryption method to make sure you will access decrypted file but decrypted content is not going to be written to file.

Edited by thediamondgames, 05 June 2014 - 03:32 PM.

#105 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams | Resident Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,427 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:39 PM

I was looking at your installer, isn't it slightly insecure to be fetching a file from the internet, and running it through shell.run? Why isn't the actual installer script used as the Pastebin script instead?

#106 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostSquidDev, on 05 June 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

I was looking at your installer, isn't it slightly insecure to be fetching a file from the internet, and running it through shell.run? Why isn't the actual installer script used as the Pastebin script instead?
That's because I'm changing the installer often, so I don't need to republish it in pastebin, just connect to ftp, replace files and done. And why it's so insecure?

#107 Konlab

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationKerbin

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

If you register at pastebin the pastebin code don't change.

Edit: this is my 200th post, yay!

Edited by Konlab, 05 June 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#108 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

View PostKonlab, on 05 June 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

If you register at pastebin the pastebin code don't change.
I'm registered, but for some reson it changes, anyways there are lots of files, uploading without premium would take 2 days because of limits

#109 Konlab

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationKerbin

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

Yes, the upload limit :(
Also: don't click on 'create a new version of paste' but on 'edit' (the upper text right up)
And you can upload 10 things from pastebin account, 10 things from another pastebin account and another 10 from game :-)

Also please update my game RunnerX :) (new version: 3.0)
This is last update that accepcts your needs (the next update will have configs, in directory /Konlab/RunnerX (and this isn't allowed in pockyOS))

The racer's next version will include configs, too (/Konlab/Racer)

If you allow me to have an another directory in root you can update racer to 2.0+, and RunnerX to 4.0+ :)

#110 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams | Resident Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,427 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

View Postthediamondgames, on 05 June 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

View PostSquidDev, on 05 June 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

That's because I'm changing the installer often, so I don't need to republish it in pastebin, just connect to ftp, replace files and done. And why it's so insecure?

If it is being installed to the root path it isn't, it is probably better to use os.run however, as you need to specify an absolute path.

#111 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostKonlab, on 05 June 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

Yes, the upload limit :(
Also: don't click on 'create a new version of paste' but on 'edit' (the upper text right up)
And you can upload 10 things from pastebin account, 10 things from another pastebin account and another 10 from game :-)

Also please update my game RunnerX :) (new version: 3.0)
This is last update that accepcts your needs (the next update will have configs, in directory /Konlab/RunnerX (and this isn't allowed in pockyOS))

If you allow me to have an another directory in root you can update racer to 2.0+, and RunnerX to 4.0+ :)
Well... You should keep everything like so:
/pockyOS/appdata/YOURNICKNAME.YOURAPPAME/
Inside your app you can do
v1.0/
2.0/
config/
Actually you can do anything inside that path that means folders, accessing that folder and stuff in it by program... The only limit is don't go off that folder and don't do any maliciuos code. The only thing allowed outside the folder is recall program from
/pockyOS/programs/YOURPROGRAM

Example:
I modified the code of GravityScore's LuaIDE to make sure all files are going to pockyOS/appdata/datprogram folder. I think making everything not going from that folder is easy, just imagine that your app folder in appdata is the root folder of the computer

Edited by thediamondgames, 05 June 2014 - 04:56 PM.

#112 Konlab

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationKerbin

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

View Postthediamondgames, on 05 June 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

Yes, the upload limit :(/>

Also please update my game RunnerX :)/> (new version: 3.0)

If you allow me to have an another directory in root you can update racer to 2.0+, and RunnerX to 4.0+ :)/>
v1.0/
2.0/
config/
Actually you can do anything inside that path that means folders, accessing that folder and stuff in it by program... The only limit is don't go off that folder and don't do any maliciuos code. The only thing allowed outside the folder is recall program from

Example:
I modified the code of GravityScore's LuaIDE to make sure all files are going to pockyOS/appdata/datprogram folder. I think making everything not going from that folder is easy, just imagine that your app folder in appdata is the root folder of the computer

Ok, I'll make the update and you'll modify it to your own!
Will be at beginning an 'AppdataPath' variable or something like that...
Ok, I'll see

#113 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:15 PM

View PostKonlab, on 05 June 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

View Postthediamondgames, on 05 June 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

Yes, the upload limit :(/>

Also please update my game RunnerX :)/> (new version: 3.0)

If you allow me to have an another directory in root you can update racer to 2.0+, and RunnerX to 4.0+ :)/>
v1.0/
2.0/
config/

Example:

Ok, I'll make the update and you'll modify it to your own!
Will be at beginning an 'AppdataPath' variable or something like that...
Ok, I'll see
I just updated RunnerX in craftstore. Modified the game by adding loadscreen and making all functions local, so because they are local to make game running I had to change their position in code

#114 Konlab

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationKerbin

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

Racer update!
New version is 2.0, please update in CraftStore.
You have to change at the first some line the variables:
AppDataPath = "/.Konlab/Racer/" to "/pockyOS/AppData/Racer.Konlab/.Konlab/Racer
AD1 or something like that:
"/.Konlab" to
"pockyOS/AppData/Racer.Konlab/.Konlab"
AD2:
AD2 = AppDataPath

(I used only 2 variables for the same path, because i had some plans that i don't included in new version)

And done!
My appdata files: .Konlab/Racer/hs and .Konlab/Racer/bs
Please don't change these files from shell!!!

#115 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:23 AM

View PostKonlab, on 06 June 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

Racer update!
"/.Konlab" to
AD2:
AD2 = AppDataPath

(I used only 2 variables for the same path, because i had some plans that i don't included in new version)

And done!
Adding as soon as possible!
Edit:
Added!

Edited by thediamondgames, 07 June 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#116 Konlab

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationKerbin

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:47 AM

View Postthediamondgames, on 07 June 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

View PostKonlab, on 06 June 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

Racer update!
"/.Konlab" to
AD2:
AD2 = AppDataPath

And done!
Adding as soon as possible!
Edit:
Added!
Thanks!

#117 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

Note encryption seems working, adding couple lines to don't break file reading while changing password or updating OS

#118 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

Well... If you don't set any password then files are not being encrypted.

Also, some update news! The update is coming in the next week! When exactly? This depends on how much I will develop this project a day.

#119 Konlab

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationKerbin

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

RunnerX update: with configs at (as I remember) 36th line. Sorry for fast updating :P

#120 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:54 AM

View PostKonlab, on 07 June 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

RunnerX update: with configs at (as I remember) 36th line. Sorry for fast updating :P
Well... Just got to my computer right now so I will add it in 1 hour
Edit:
Added!

Edited by thediamondgames, 09 June 2014 - 05:38 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users