[Off-Development]PockyOS v2.21 - Even more advanced pocket OS

computer utility api

150 replies to this topic

Poll: v2.2 poll (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Do ou like the update?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Is the current version buggy?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Should custom repos be my biggest priority for the next version?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationKaunas, Lithuania

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:29 AM

View PostTombot44, on 15 July 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

Going to use this and OneOs for the desktop. looked for ages to find a good OS.
I hope you like it :)

#142 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:08 AM

News about OS Update:
The update is going to be BIG, so it will be not 2.3, but 3.0
In my plans there are:
  • Custom home screen(like launchers in android)
  • widgets
  • virus prevention(makes unbreakable chain so every initialised program is being checked and it injects the code which makes the chain)
  • custom repos(as you asked!)
  • more translations
  • notifications from applications
and much much more...

Edited by thediamondgames, 20 July 2014 - 07:08 AM.

#143 Konlab

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationKerbin

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:09 PM

cool update

#144 DeltaX

• Banned
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

Hmmm.... I may see a competitior to DeltaOS!

#145 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

Ok, back after loong, loong time... going focus only on this thing and one unity3d project. As I was out for a lot of time I think you guys began using other OS. So now I'm going to work to inject really big update, also move all the resources to github because I and many other people have a hope that in the next CC update github will be whitelisted by default. What I mean by big update, it's going to be 3.0 - the update with a lot code rewrite, which will contain kernel, customisable UI and lots of other additions. For now I'm working on one kerel which is going to be called "dumix" and going to make it available seperatly so you, other developers will be able to use it in your OSes. That's for the news. Stay tuned for more

#146 CreeperWiz

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationOn earth!

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:47 AM

Dear TheDimaondGames I love Pockey os but i play on this server so i cant us the new version i was woundering if you would ether make a new pastebin or if i could have the code so i can make a pastebin please answear soon.

#147 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

View PostiCoder, on 25 August 2014 - 12:47 AM, said:

Dear TheDimaondGames I love Pockey os but i play on this server so i cant us the new version i was woundering if you would ether make a new pastebin or if i could have the code so i can make a pastebin please answear soon.
I will try, but it will take some time because of pastebin's limitations in pasting new files in a day and amount of files in my OS

#148 jchronic

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Locationwhitehorse y.t

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:59 AM

im amazed with the work you have done im just looking to use it in my minecraft experiance and would like to use this to play around with it posativly i see that it may make things easy'er and fun and maybe give you ideas on what to add next if you have the time to and interetst after all its you're idea and may help me gain and understanding of what to do with my os ive been working on but atm is not operational concidering im not a programmer im a trainee that still has alot of work to do and i work too much to really sit and play around with coding hope i can update to PockyOSv 2.21 ty ttyl

#149 CLNinja

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:31 PM

So a few things (Not running latest, 2.0):
  • No form of a shell which leaves very little control over the device at all.
  • No way of adding more apps to the OS
  • Requires adding a site to the whitelist
So to address these, ill offer advice
  • Add a shell and modify fs to only allow editing of user made files
  • Make the [More apps] option look through a folder that the user can put scripts into and have it scroll through and display them graphically
  • Host on github or pastebin for the new files. Otherwise people will only be able to use past versions on servers.

#150 Piorjade

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • LocationComputer, Germany

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:31 PM

View PostCLNinja, on 26 March 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

• Make the [More apps] option look through a folder that the user can put scripts into and have it scroll through and display them graphically
  • Host on github or pastebin for the new files. Otherwise people will only be able to use past versions on servers.

#necromancer

#151 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

View PostCLNinja, on 26 March 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

Oh, it has been good 2-3 years since I stopped working on it. I will never address these because 1) the OS is just bad by design (code by a 14 years old) and 2) The files of the newest version are lost forever (website was closed and I do not have a copy of them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users