turtle

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 squirrel_killer

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:41 PM

Description:
This program was designed for use before you have the resources for Ender Chests, quarries, or other more expensive blocks and items. It was coded specifically for when I am in the early game and do not yet have the means to use quarries, but really don't want to mine manually anymore. So I made this.
It can be set up with a simple pipe based system to pull items from a chest and automatically moved to a larger storage location. Please note that this is very inefficient if you can make Ender Chests, as a turtle just placing an Ender Chest and emptying it's inventory when needed is far better.
The reason it makes frequent returns to the chest as much as it does is because of the numerous ores found in many mod packs, and the fact that any longer runs would likely lead to the turtles dropping items they mined much longer. I also wanted to keep it efficient in lines of coding.
Another useful thing with this is the turtle fights on it's own. It automatically attacks enemies if they are in it's way.
All in all it is just a half decent script to save me effort before I am able to use something better, and I felt like posting it here after my most recent revision.

Instructions:
  • Place down a mining turtle in the bottom right of the chunk you want to mine.
  • Place a drop off inventory above the turtle.
  • Place coal in first inventory slot.
  • Type in pastebin get aanhLEbR <desired program name>.
  • Run the program.
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/aanhLEbR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users