[Closed]NewObios

130 replies to this topic

#21 DennisLol110998

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:40 PM

View PostZach the Cat, on 11 May 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

Wait someone can crash a server because they didn't use some certain little thing in their loop? well that doesn't sound too encouraging.

That's why some servers edit the bios to prevent this. I wish they had...

#22 realgogogoluke

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationContentia

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:44 AM

Wait someone can crash a server because they didn't use some certain little thing in their loop? well that doesn't sound too encouraging.

It was probably just a coincidence, as my dad keeps unplugging it "to save power"...

#23 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:44 AM

It really depends on the code being run. In general, you can't crash a server just by having an infinite loop. However, by calling certain methods on some peripherals, or using certain blocks as peripherals(such as with openPeripheral) can cause crashes.

#24 realgogogoluke

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationContentia

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

View PostDennisLol110998, on 11 May 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

Admin Application

Minecraft Username: DennisLol110998
Minecraft Commands Knowledge: 9 / 10
Minecraft Building Skill: 7.5 / 10
Why Should I Pick You?: I am a reliable person that has been promoted to staff on many servers that are now offline due to inactivity.
I have great knowledge of programming and I could solve program-related issues very well.
Unlike a lot of people, I do not use powers to my own advantage. I use my powers to help the server out and resolve issues with players.
If a player was hacking/X-Raying, what would YOU do?: I would gather proof until I have sufficient, so I can issue a ban without having to worry that a dispute goes wrong. After all, you need to be able to show that said player has been hacking.
If a player was using racist/homophobic language, what would YOU do?: I would warn said player and ask him to not repeat his action. If so, I will issue a kick. If said player continues using racist/homophobic language, I will gather proof and issue a ban.
What game is running on the left monitor at spawn?: The game running on the left monitor of spawn is called "redirection", a ComputerCraft remake of "Redirection", a game that passed Steam Greenlight a while ago.

Accepted, but I cannot OP you until the lightning stops...

View PostDennisLol110998, on 11 May 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

That's why some servers edit the bios to prevent this. I wish they had...
What kind of BIOS changes could I make? Motherboard BIOS or one I'm not aware of?

Edited by realgogogoluke, 12 May 2014 - 08:58 PM.

#25 Konlab

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationKerbin

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:59 AM

I want to be admin
Admin application:
Minecraft Username: Konlab
Minecraft Commands Knowledge: (_/10) I know all vanilla commands,so 10/10
Minecraft Building Skill: (_/10) I can build,but not perfect 7/10
Why Should I Pick You?: (One paragraph or more)
I was an admin in server, but that server don't exists now. I had a vanilla minecraft server,too, but don't running now.
So, I has some admin experience.
If a player was hacking/X-Raying, what would YOU do?: (you will be judged on how reasonably you deal with this situation.) if hacking BAN. If X-raying 1.In chat Warning 2.if warning don't halps BAN
If a player was using racist/homophobic language, what would YOU do?: (you will be judged on how reasonably you deal with this situation.) Kick
What game is running on the left monitor at spawn --secret--

Edited by Konlab, 22 May 2014 - 06:56 AM.

#26 Beatsleigher

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGermany, Osnabrueck

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:33 PM

I see that not many people are on this server, which is a shame.
In the past three days I've been playing on the server, I've seen two people.

Other than that, great server. Bit laggy, but I'm guessing you live in America, so that'd be the cause.

Also, I interpreted, that you actually have the physical server at home?
What are the specs?

I've got a Terra <enter stupid model nr. here> with a Xeon Dual Core and 8Gib RAM, running at 6GHz,
6TB SCSI drives RAID 1,
Ubuntu Server 14.04 running here... I don't use it for MC-servers, but for FTP-hosting an' sh¡z like that.

#27 realgogogoluke

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationContentia

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:45 AM

View PostKonlab, on 21 May 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

I want to be admin
Admin application:
I was an admin in server, but that server don't exists now. I had a vanilla minecraft server,too, but don't running now.
If a player was hacking/X-Raying, what would YOU do?: (you will be judged on how reasonably you deal with this situation.) if hacking BAN. If X-raying 1.In chat Warning 2.if warning don't halps BAN
If a player was using racist/homophobic language, what would YOU do?: (you will be judged on how reasonably you deal with this situation.) Kick
What game is running on the left monitor at spawn (secret)
Accepted!

View PostBeatsleigher, on 21 May 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

Other than that, great server. Bit laggy, but I'm guessing you live in America, so that'd be the cause.

What are the specs?

I've got a Terra <enter stupid model nr. here> with a Xeon Dual Core and 8Gib RAM, running at 6GHz,
6TB SCSI drives RAID 1,
Ubuntu Server 14.04 running here... I don't use it for MC-servers, but for FTP-hosting an' sh¡z like that.
Yes, I live in America, and I have Verizon FiOS internet. Yes, the server's physically at my house, and specs aren't impressive...
Specs:
Processor: 2.8 GHz Pentium 4
Hard Drive: 160 GB HDD
WiFi: Netgear USB adapter
RAM: 1 GB total, 850 MB for the server

It's surprisingly fast for it's age!

#28 epicowner97

• Validating
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:34 AM

Its funny how you accept every Admin App even though you already have like 6 or 7 admins and you I bet you haven't seen most of them ingame.

#29 H4X0RZ

• Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

Hey realgogoluke,
I don't want to sound "rude" or someting around that, but may I ask how old you are? :D Just out of curiousity ^^

#30 Beatsleigher

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGermany, Osnabrueck

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:49 PM

View Postrealgogogoluke, on 22 May 2014 - 12:45 AM, said:

View PostKonlab, on 21 May 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

I want to be admin
Admin application:
What game is running on the left monitor at spawn (secret)
Accepted!

View PostBeatsleigher, on 21 May 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

What are the specs?

6TB SCSI drives RAID 1,
Yes, I live in America, and I have Verizon FiOS internet. Yes, the server's physically at my house, and specs aren't impressive...
Specs:
Processor: 2.8 GHz Pentium 4
Hard Drive: 160 GB HDD
WiFi: Netgear USB adapter
RAM: 1 GB total, 850 MB for the server

It's surprisingly fast for it's age!

Lol. Windows. Ew :D
But seriously, it's not bad.
If you need someone for plugin-building or anything, let me know.

View Postepicowner97, on 22 May 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

Its funny how you accept every Admin App even though you already have like 6 or 7 admins and you I bet you haven't seen most of them ingame.

It's "funny" how you call yourself "epicowner97" and try to indoctrinate your opinion on other people, especially when it's concerning their OWN server.

#31 CodingWithClass

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:00 PM

Admin application:
Minecraft Username: mypalsminecraft
Minecraft Commands Knowledge: (10/10)
Minecraft Building Skill: (6/10)
I have experience owning a public server and have been admin on multiple servers before. I act mature on any server, not just ones I apply for admin on ( ;)) and have full knowledge of most Minecraft mechanics and am quickly learning Lua.
If a player was hacking/X-Raying, what would YOU do?: (you will be judged on how reasonably you deal with this situation.)
The player would first get kindly asked to stop, but if they don't a ban will happen and you (realgogogoluke) will be notified via PM on the forum.
If a player was using racist/homophobic language, what would YOU do?: (you will be judged on how reasonably you deal with this situation.)
The player would first get kindly asked to stop, but if they don't a kick then ban if they continue will happen and you (realgogogoluke) will be notified via PM on the forum.
What game is running on the left monitor at spawn?: (Redacted due to being an answer)

Edited by CodingWithClass, 23 May 2014 - 12:56 AM.

#32 Agent Silence

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • Location[string "FindMe"]:23143: bad argument #1 to 'returnPos' (vector expected, got nil)

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:02 PM

Prior to me fixing the (BETA) Admin Application machine, we will no longer need applications posted on the forum!

#33 realgogogoluke

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationContentia

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:22 AM

You shouldn't question how i run my server. I know/have seen them all at least once. I have denied multiple ingame applications btw.

View PostFreack100, on 22 May 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

Hey realgogoluke,
I don't want to sound "rude" or someting around that, but may I ask how old you are? :D Just out of curiousity ^^
That is classified information! Sorry!

View PostCodingWithClass, on 22 May 2014 - 11:00 PM, said:

Admin application:
I have experience owning a public server and have been admin on multiple servers before. I act mature on any server, not just ones I apply for admin on ( ;)) and have full knowledge of most Minecraft mechanics and am quickly learning Lua.
If a player was hacking/X-Raying, what would YOU do?: (you will be judged on how reasonably you deal with this situation.)
The player would first get kindly asked to stop, but if they don't a ban will happen and you (realgogogoluke) will be notified via PM on the forum.
If a player was using racist/homophobic language, what would YOU do?: (you will be judged on how reasonably you deal with this situation.)
The player would first get kindly asked to stop, but if they don't a kick then ban if they continue will happen and you (realgogogoluke) will be notified via PM on the forum.
What game is running on the left monitor at spawn?: (Removed for safety reasons
Accepted (epicowner97, I have seen this person in game multiple times.)

View PostAgent Silence, on 22 May 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

Prior to me fixing the (BETA) Admin Application machine, we will no longer need applications posted on the forum!
Great! I can't wait until the AAM is fixed! Can we create the Admin Supervision System next?

#34 Agent Silence

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • Location[string "FindMe"]:23143: bad argument #1 to 'returnPos' (vector expected, got nil)

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:24 AM

View Postrealgogogoluke, on 23 May 2014 - 12:22 AM, said:

You shouldn't question how i run my server. I know/have seen them all at least once. I have denied multiple ingame applications btw.

View PostFreack100, on 22 May 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

Hey realgogoluke,
That is classified information! Sorry!

View PostCodingWithClass, on 22 May 2014 - 11:00 PM, said:

Admin application:
What game is running on the left monitor at spawn?: (Removed for safety reasons
Accepted (epicowner97, I have seen this person in game multiple times.)

View PostAgent Silence, on 22 May 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

Great! I can't wait until the AAM is fixed! Can we create the Admin Supervision System next?
Working on it now :D

#35 Lua.is.the.best

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:51 PM

Minecraft Username: aepic101
Minecraft Commands Knowledge: 10/10
Minecraft Building Skill: 10/10 :P
Why Should I Pick You?: I have had experience as a admin. I know many commands, and I won't abuse them. I can take appropriate action for any rule-breaking. It's like inside me, there is a book on what to do when administrating. All I need to memorize is the rules and I'm set. I'm good at Lua, so I can help out with anything. No-whitelist servers need really good admins, and I am one of those.
If a player was hacking/X-Raying, what would YOU do?: (you will be judged on how reasonably you deal with this situation.) Kick, and if they continue, ban.
If a player was using racist/homophobic language, what would YOU do?: (you will be judged on how reasonably you deal with this situation.) I would mute for 5 minutes, then kick, then ban.
What game is running on the left monitor at spawn?: Redirection.
EDIT: I didn't know it was a Minecraft command server.

Edited by Lua.is.the.best, 23 May 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#36 CodingWithClass

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

View PostLua.is.the.best, on 23 May 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

I can take appropriate action for any rule-breaking. It's like inside me, there is a book on what to do when administrating. All I need to memorize is the rules and I'm set.
This.

#37 Lua.is.the.best

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:57 PM

View PostCodingWithClass, on 23 May 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

I can take appropriate action for any rule-breaking. It's like inside me, there is a book on what to do when administrating. All I need to memorize is the rules and I'm set.
This.
This what?

#38 H4X0RZ

• Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:29 AM

View PostLua.is.the.best, on 23 May 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

View PostCodingWithClass, on 23 May 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

This.
This what?
He is talking about the sentence. He might "like" the way you are saying "I know EVERYTHING about ANYTHING! Pick me!"

#39 realgogogoluke

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationContentia

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:33 AM

Due to griefing, all admins will have to reapply.

Edited by realgogogoluke, 30 May 2014 - 12:49 AM.

#40 Agent Silence

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

Name : theobsidianduke
Commands : 10/10
Building: 7/10
Why should I pick you? :
Well I was previously the SELF-PROCLAIMED Head Admin.
Had recruited 9 people to the server
I did a good job at moderating
If hacking/xray:
Warning, after that, Tempban.
If racist/homophobic:
Tempban.
What game is running :
definitely not redirection.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users