Autoforge (WIP)

19 replies to this topic

#1 cptdeath58

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationError 404: Could not find.

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:21 PM

Have you ever got tired of putting all the minerals in the furnace and have to wait for it to be finished.
Well now there is the Autoforge!
The Autoforge will automatically insert the minerals for you and all you got to do is put it in a chest!
Requirements:
Spoiler
Instructions:
Spoiler
[Features]
*Auto Refuel
*Places all the ores if possible.
*All you need is fuel for the furnace.
*Auto builds your forge
[Plans]
*Add a refuel notice if there is no fuel.
*Lists How much ore has been moved
*Auto-build the forge
FAQ:
Spoiler
When posting about the Autoforge and its bugs, please refer to the FAQ first to save time and effort of your post and you typing the entire thing.)
[Bugs]
Unknown as of right now, Post a bug if you find one.

Edited by cptdeath58, 16 January 2015 - 08:53 PM.

#2 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:49 PM

Moved to Turtle Programs.

#3 flaghacker

• Members
  • 655 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

How is this different from just a hopper on top of the furnace and one on the back with a chest above each of them?

#4 Agoldfish

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSome Fish Bowl in Ohio.

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

View Postflaghacker, on 15 May 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

How is this different from just a hopper on top of the furnace and one on the back with a chest above each of them?
It's done with robots and programming. Robots make things 10 times cooler, programming makes things 1000 times cooler.

#5 bfox

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:58 AM

This is how new ideas are made, by small Ideas that may already exist by another mod and or methods, this is practice for others.

#6 cptdeath58

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:21 PM

Well apparently, the turtle doesnt like putting it into furnaces plus it does allow more space for ore

First, wouldn't work actually because hoppers either go through the z and x axises and down, never up. ( If you was just using hoppers )
second, this is a bit cheaper instead of using alot of iron just to do this.
third:

View PostAgoldfish, on 15 May 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

It's done with robots and programming. Robots make things 10 times cooler, programming makes things 1000 times cooler.

[Edit] Trying to do this

Edited by cptdeath58, 28 May 2014 - 10:25 PM.

#7 BlockSmith

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

Since this was a recent topic I figured I'd ask you all to give my smelter a try. I've just recently finished it.

http://www.computerc...er-auto-cooker/

#8 cptdeath58

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

Update: Added the Auto-Build Function :D
[Note] Will NOT Build a case around it.

Edited by cptdeath58, 02 June 2014 - 11:52 PM.

#9 eglove

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

View Postcptdeath58, on 28 May 2014 - 10:21 PM, said:

First, wouldn't work actually because hoppers either go through the z and x axises and down, never up. ( If you was just using hoppers )

I think he means something like this: http://i.imgur.com/xKKdSUi.png
It's easier to build and you don't have to worry about chunk unloading. I'd recommend expanding on what you got to do something that distributes coal and ore across multiple funaces.

#10 cptdeath58

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

View Posteglove, on 07 June 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

View Postcptdeath58, on 28 May 2014 - 10:21 PM, said:

I think he means something like this: http://i.imgur.com/xKKdSUi.png
It's easier to build and you don't have to worry about chunk unloading. I'd recommend expanding on what you got to do something that distributes coal and ore across multiple funaces.
However, this is still move expensive if you think about it.
Hoppers Only:
7 iron per Hopper
8 Hoppers
56 Iron (For Hoppers)
24 wood (chests for hopper and placed ones)
16 cobblestone (Furnaces)
Turtle:
1 Hopper
1 Computer (To Build Turtle)
14 iron( for Hopper and Computer for Turtle )
7 Stone ( Computer for Turtle)
1 Glass Plane(Computer for Turtle )
16 wood (for Turtle and Placed)
7 Cobblestone (Furnace)
1 redstone(Computer for Turtle)
In Conclusion: A Person is likely gonna find some redstone before he finds a full stack of iron unless he did so intentionally. (Plus they need wood for the picks )
Plus some people like windows so that gets Glass. Some People may need Stone for certain things (Probably for people who want Castles for a House)
And Unless you had the X-Ray Mod (Cheater...) You are not gonna find 56 iron in a minecraft day (Unless you are lucky or you didn't go on a normal minecraft day routine )

[EDIT] Plus Robots look cooler and make things cooler.

Edited by cptdeath58, 09 June 2014 - 10:49 PM.

#11 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:58 PM

Actually, turtles can place items into all slots of the furnaces. I assume you're talking about vanilla firnaces?

If so, you need to have the turtle under the furnace to place items into the bottom slot with turtle.dropUp(), and have the turtle above it, with turtle.dropDown() to place things in the upper slot. To remove items, go to the right side of the furnace, and use turtle.suck().

No need for the hoppers at all. This can all be done with one turtle, and one furnace.

#12 cptdeath58

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:35 PM

View PostCranium, on 09 June 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

Actually, turtles can place items into all slots of the furnaces. I assume you're talking about vanilla firnaces?

If so, you need to have the turtle under the furnace to place items into the bottom slot with turtle.dropUp(), and have the turtle above it, with turtle.dropDown() to place things in the upper slot. To remove items, go to the right side of the furnace, and use turtle.suck().

No need for the hoppers at all. This can all be done with one turtle, and one furnace.
Thanks for helping the Autoforge Part :D
I wish I thought that earlier
I'll add this to it later. (IF it works)
Back on topic:
That would lower the price even more to do this.

Edited by cptdeath58, 09 June 2014 - 11:43 PM.

#13 BlockSmith

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:58 AM

View Postcptdeath58, on 09 June 2014 - 11:35 PM, said:

Back on topic:

Actually, from my experimentation with turtles and furnaces. To put coal in the turtle has to face the turtle from any side and drop it in. For Smeltables/cookables you need to drop them downward from above. To get the cooked items out with the turtle you have to suck them from below. This was tested in FTB Unleashed.

#14 cptdeath58

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

View PostBlockSmith, on 10 June 2014 - 06:58 AM, said:

View Postcptdeath58, on 09 June 2014 - 11:35 PM, said:

Back on topic:

Actually, from my experimentation with turtles and furnaces. To put coal in the turtle has to face the turtle from any side and drop it in. For Smeltables/cookables you need to drop them downward from above. To get the cooked items out with the turtle you have to suck them from below. This was tested in FTB Unleashed.

Well, I will go and experiment on this. As of right now, Thanks for helping out a bit.

#15 BlockSmith

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

You're welcome :)

#16 Carrots084

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:56 AM

this seems pretty useful. Thanks!

#17 cptdeath58

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

Thank you for your comment! :D

#18 Crucidal

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:24 AM

View Postcptdeath58, on 12 May 2014 - 10:21 PM, said:

FAQ:
Spoiler

ghehe, I'm too easily entertained xD
Why doesn't anyone ever use the upvote button? :o I know I did :-D

#19 cptdeath58

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:15 PM

View PostCrucidal, on 03 September 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

View Postcptdeath58, on 12 May 2014 - 10:21 PM, said:

FAQ:
Spoiler

ghehe, I'm too easily entertained xD
Why doesn't anyone ever use the upvote button? :o I know I did :-D
Thank you very much! I know my FAQ is funny but some people just can't grasp on the answers.

Btw, I forgot to mention that you want to put a cover over the forge where the turtle is moving back and forth, b/c if you don't and it is rebooted, it will try and build another forge...

#20 cptdeath58

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:33 PM

Guys, I will not be updating this program for some time due to the fact that I will not be on as much...
I'm sorry to tell you this who uses my Auto-Forge, but I wont have as much time to do so...
I hope to update this as often as I can, but for now, you guys can use
BlockSmith's Auto-Smelter for a replacement.
Happy Mining, Mincrafters.

I will not be updating at all since I am no longer playing minecraft. Sorry to tell you this but its just how it is.

Edited by cptdeath58, 17 February 2015 - 04:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users