Signal over unloaded chunks

5 replies to this topic

#1 matejdro

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:09 PM

Is there any good way to transfer signal over large distances that include unloaded chunks?

I don't care if solution is wired or wireless and I don't need large bandwith so even some kind of redstone pulse would suffice.

#2 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

as long as the source and target computers (or any in-between that are repeating the signal) are in loaded chunks the message will be received as long as they're within range, which you can modify the wireless range in the config file. this applies to wired modems not just wireless modems, however a network cable only has a range of 256 blocks (unconfigurable) so that is far less than wireless.

#3 metron80

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSolitude, Skyrim

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

You can also have a series of computers that relay the message, but depending on the distance that could get expensive.

#4 matejdro

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:57 PM

I don't want to modify the config file, I want to do it legit.

Problem with multiple computers is that somebody has to run through chunks to load to relay the message.

#5 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

Enderchest + Turtle (to move & detect the floppy) + Floppy (with message in a file) + Disk Drive (Floppy is read here)

Edited by KingofGamesYami, 22 June 2014 - 08:16 PM.

#6 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:28 AM

View Postmatejdro, on 22 June 2014 - 07:57 PM, said:

Problem with multiple computers is that somebody has to run through chunks to load to relay the message.
chicken chunks spot loader would do the trick. keeps the chunk it resides in loaded and that's it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users