Maya to MC (Preview)

turtle

3 replies to this topic

#1 juss

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:04 AM

MayaToMC
Hi, I am an Autodesk Maya user and a Minecraft player. About 1 1/2 week ago, I found a video in YouTube, that someone modelled something in Maya and exported it into Minecraft through the use of ComputerCraft. Since then, I started to tinker with ComputerCraft and its turtle. Upon realizing ComputerCraft's great potential, I started writing a LUA script (and learn from scratch) to have models modelled in Maya, and to build them in Minecraft through ComputerCraft.

Now, I have finally completed the script (more and less) two days ago and these are the results (from Maya into MC).

Shep And Heck Statue
Posted Image
This is in Autodesk Maya.... modeled with blocks. Then through a Python script, it produces the materials and coordinates.

Posted Image
This is an in-progress screenshot (Sorry I took it from the window, so it's a little obscured), but you can see the turtle is working on building it half way.

Posted Image
This is a compieted model of Shep and Hack statue.

My Apartment Model

Posted Image
Again, in Maya... Took me about 15 materials (4000+ stone blocks, 1000+ wood blocks etc).. and about 1 hour to build it.
Posted Image
Interior in Maya... Showing where the Chest and Crafting Table to be placed as well as Glowstone as the lighting source.
Posted Image
Started the foundation in Minecraft.
Posted Image
Finished product (Doors and Beds were laid my myself~) (And Torches, apparently the glowstones were not bright enough)
Note that while waiting for it to complete, I chopped that weird tree structure test you seen on the earlier image and other stuffs, but it's the same building that was built.

Ta~~ Da~~
That's all. I had a week long exam last week, so I actually only able to start with the script since last Saturday.
Overall, took me about 3-4 days including debugging and stuffs.
Let me know if there's any questions. :)

Over and out,
Juss.

#2 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

Wow, this is really neat!

#3 newcat

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationStuttgart, Germany

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

This is pretty awesome! Can you post a link to your script?

#4 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

Actually, that's a good point that I had not noticed. Can you please pm a moderator when you have code?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users