starNav - Pathfinding and Mapping

turtle

6 replies to this topic

#1 blunty666

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

starNav 3.0

(Previous version: starNav 2.0 - The Windows 9 Special Edition :lol: )

Posted Image

GPS based Turtle pathfinding with efficient movement algorithm and environment mapping

Install from pastebin: pastebin run rNZx09j4

New version features:
- New tinyMap API which drastically reduces the file size of the map saves.
- Implemented sessions which help to increase successful pathfinding in constantly changing environments.
- Added the ability to limit the search area, to stop your turtle wandering off too far!
- Turtle remembers it's position and heading at all times (not between server restarts though).

Usage:
The API has an easy installer available on pastebin at rNZx09j4.
(See Downloads for individual file list)
Setup process:
Spoiler

Downloads:
Programs:
Spoiler
APIs:
Spoiler

Documentation:
Spoiler

Edited by blunty666, 12 December 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#2 BaRF

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

I'm going to try this asap! Can't believe anyone has replied yet, this seems like a great and easy way to add pathfinding without any other 'baggage' :)

#3 ReconTurtle

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

I saw this post a while back, and it's an amazing idea, I just didn't really no what to do with it. So now I'm interested in what you come up with, result-wise, BaRF.

@blunty666 - How exactly would I go about implementing this in my programs, etc.? I have no experience with APIs such as this.

#4 blunty666

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

Thanks for the feedback, let me know how you get on trying it out BaRF.

View PostReconTurtle, on 09 July 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

@blunty666 - How exactly would I go about implementing this in my programs, etc.? I have no experience with APIs such as this.

At the moment the main way to use it would be to know the world coordinates of the location you want the turtle to move to and call starNav.goto(x, y, z) from within your program with these coordinates (replace starNav with whatever name you have saved/loaded the API under). It will then start pathfinding and will return to your program when it reaches those coordinates. If it can't find a path it will throw errors describing why, though fuel checking is something I need to add, at the moment I'm just testing to see if the pathfinding works successfully.

#5 thewmatt

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:47 PM

i get an error:
starNav:90: could not determine direction - phase 3

#6 blunty666

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:03 AM

View Postthewmatt, on 28 August 2014 - 10:47 PM, said:

i get an error:
starNav:90: could not determine direction - phase 3
Sorry for the slow response, did you manage to get it working? The error you gave is most likely due to the turtle not having any fuel I think, so it might be worth checking that.

#7 blunty666

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:17 PM

starNav 3.0 Changelog (everything's changed!)
- Is now more modular, split off the aStar API so it can be used on its own
- New tinyMap API that has smaller file sizes so that a larger area of the world can be mapped and saved
- Various refinements to the starNav goto algorithm to improve success rates when the world changes, and to define a max distance so the turtle can't wander off too far

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users