Security Suite V2.1.2 PDA Support For Remote Control

utility computer

77 replies to this topic

#1 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • LocationOrewa, New Zealand

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

**NOTE** you need to have white listed GitHub in your computercraft configuration! here's how you do it:

Navigate to your single player configs (If on server you need to change server side too) and find the computercraft one.

Then change:
S:http_whitelist=*pastebin.com;*computercraft.info
To This:
S:http_whitelist=*

Latest Available Update: V2 Update Now!
New Program: remoteControl

NOTE: If you want to have a talk with me then feel free to add me on skype: harrywfelton1

This program suite is deprecated. Apologies to those of you waiting for updates. However, a new and improved program collection is on its way.
Keep up to date via GitHub: https://github.com/h...ab=repositories

Hello everybody, this is my first proper program so constructive criticism would be nice, although if I haven't done it, then I probably don't know how, so a quick demonstration on how to use it would be great.

Lets jump in...

What Is It?
HbombOS Security Suite Is named after my OS which has come to a halt by my lack of knowledge, but i just like the name, Although the program is not finished it allows you to protect your things in Minecraft using programming, It downloads files from GitHub(Links Below) and allows you to choose one of them to run on startup, this can be changed at boot... (Tutorial in links below) the suite comes with 3 options currently, more will be added, the ones you have now are: Pin Lock, Digital Lock, and Reactor Control And Range Lock they all have your safety at heart!

To see what all the programs do in detail, check out the 'Program Overviews and Explanations' Section below

Website
Security Suite Page
Contact Me
Blog

Want Some Screenies... Sure thing!
Spoiler

Links

If you want to examine, pick to pieces or admire (Probably Not The Latter) the code, then here are the links

GITHUB Repository: https://github.com/h...curitySystemPro
Pastebin Installer: http://pastebin.com/DdSVM2Fx

Program Overviews And Explanations
PIN Program
This Explains What The PIN Program Does And How To Use It

This program allows you to set a 4 Digit number password, You can define the PIN, The Redstone Ouput Side, And The Duration Of the redstone output

You can also decide whether you want the computer to respond to redstone, If you choose this option you will also be asked what side you want the redstone to have to be applied to in order for it to emit the redstone signal... Scenario:

Lets say you had a super duper secure room with a long password but didnt want to type it when leaving, well now you dont have to, simply use this setting and put a button on the back of the computer, when the button has been pressed it will simply act as if the password was typed, and will emit the redstone signal for the same amount of time. Remember You choose what side the button/redstone has to be on

Digital Lock
This explains what the Digital Lock program does and how to use it

This Program allows you to set a username and password that be be mixed types, both can be up to 15 characters long, You can define the Username, Password, Redstone Output Side, And The Duration Of The Redstone Output

You can also decide whether you want the computer to respond to redstone, If you choose this option you will also be asked what side you want the redstone to have to be applied to in order for it to emit the redstone signal... Scenario:

Lets say you had a super duper secure room with a long password but didnt want to type it when leaving, well now you dont have to, simply use this setting and put a button on the back of the computer, when the button has been pressed it will simply act as if the password was typed, and will emit the redstone signal for the same amount of time. Remember You choose what side the button/redstone has to be on

Reactor Management
This explains how to use the reactor program in the suite

Personally i think this is the best reactor management program , Im not saying it IS but i think it brings many features other do not have...

Features:
- Ability to override the system to manually control state
- Manually control the Fuel rods
- Auto mode keeps the reactor settings at the best to ensure no wasted power
- Ability to set your own Shutdown RF point
- Ability to set your own Turndown RF point
- Hotkeys to adjust reactor mode
- Displays information on screen such as: Temperature, Energy Stored, Fuel Rods, Fuel Amount, Waste Amount, State Of Reactor(Active)
- Live updating, Instantly updates when you manually change the reactor if you have the computer in manual mode
- Change your settings
- Instant Key Presses (Version 1.2.4)
- Touch Screen Monitor Support (Version 1.2.4)
- Settings Changeable Via Monitor (Version 1.2.4)

The computer monitors the reactors main aspects and turns down or completely shuts down the reactor based on the energy stored within, It allows you to manually override and set it to 100% manual mode, from there you can change the reactor settings from within either the computer or the reactor and the PC will update in real time, The modes can be switched by pressing S, and changed back to auto mode by pressing F, you can delete your settings to redo them by pressing [ALT], you can even manually adjust the fuel rod percentages from within the PC by pressing C

Update V1.2.4 Adds touch screen monitor support, Simply connect a monitor either via Wired Cables and Modems or place it right next to the PC and reboot the system, It then uses the monitor TOO, you can click the top right to toggle the reactor or the 'Auto Toggle' to toggle the auto management.

This Suite detects updates and will prompt you on update, if you didn't enable quiet updating. If you didn't enable this option then check the PC every reboot to ensure the program isnt stopped from loading by the updater or reset your settings through the boot menu and enable it on prompt

Range Lock Security
This program is a simple yet effective security proximity lock that uses Pocket Computers, therefore you must be running computercraft 1.63

This security uses a series of modem messages that determine how far away you are from the door via your PDA, Simply Download The Security suite and select the rangePDA security system and follow the on-screen prompts to set-up

On setup you will be asked to insert a PDA, the PDA must be advanced and wireless, There is no need for you to put ANY previous programming on the PDA simply insert it

After setup press [ALT] at anytime and enter your admin password that you set on boot of the main suite, You can then, Register, Un-Register, Remove Files Off PDA or Reset your config, I added the requirement of the password because a few people felt that was needed, Maybe they dont want to hide the computer like they would have too with oeeds version

If you remove files ONLY our files will be removed which means you can use your PDA again, Although the startup file and anything in a directory named /api/ WILL be removed

The reset config option removes your settings and will thus require you to setup again, It will require you to re-register your PDAs

The Un-Register option removes the entire fingerprint... This means any other computers will deny your PDA too, There might be a feature later that only removes it from the whitelist on the computer your using!

If multiple computers are in range, the PDA status will alternate between 'Granted' and either 'System Ready' or 'Access Denied' Depending on your access of course...

Special thanks to oeed for helping me out with this project, although his code needed alot of altering for my usage i couldnt have done it without his help! :

OpenP Detector
This Program is another type of range lock, rather than using PDAs and user specified ranges, It uses openPeripherals Sensor block which has a pre-determined range of 5 blocks, this cannot be changed via coding.

Features:

- On The Fly Screen Updates
- Alarm Mode Allows You To Emit Redstone If User Is NOT On Whitlist
- Redstone Mode Allows You To Emit Redstone If User Is On Whitlist
- Redstone And Alarm Mode Can Both Be Used
- If An Authorized Players Is In Range As Well As An UN Authorized User, The Alarm Will NOT Trigger.. Visitor Time :P/>/>
- Auto Peripheral Management
- Fast Update Times Instantly Detect You
- Graphic Interface Informs You Of Status
- Config Menu Allows Wide Range Of Options

Simply download this software and select the OpenP Detector Lock to use this program, you will then be prompted for:

- A Username To Whitelist
- IF You Want To Emit Signal On User Allowed (Nearby Player Is On Whitelist)
- What Side The Redstone Signal Will Be Sent From
- IF You Want To Emit Signal On Alarm Signal (Nearby Player Is Not On Whitelist)
- What Side The Alarm Signal Will Be Sent From

The settings will then save, If there is no OpenP Sensor, It will ask you to attach one, Once attached it will instantly begin searching

If it finds a Sensor it will continue to the main program

Press [ALT] While using program to access settings menu which allows you to: Reconfigure Settings, Whitelist Users, Un-Whitelist Users, Reset Configuration, Cancel And Return
All Of Which Are Self Explanatory And Are Explained On Screen Anyway, So what are you waiting for, Get the program and protect your base with style.

Tutorials
Spoiler

Changelog
Spoiler

TO-DO:
Spoiler

How do I download this?
Well, If you want to download this for your own personal use then all you have to do is the following:

Type:
pastebin run DdSVM2Fx
Into your computer terminal to begin, From there its self-explanatory and has on screen guidance

If this doesnt work then type this instead:
pastebin get DdSVM2Fx Installer
Then just type 'Installer' into the computer console.

It has an auto-update feature built in for your pleasure and ease, It will simply check for and download updates on start up if there are any outstanding

Criticism And Compliments
If any of you have got good or bad things to say then feel free to let me know, As long as it it constructive, Don't just tell me what you don't like, tell me how i can do it better...

Thank You All
Thanks to all of you for helping me with every question i have, without fail we always help, This community is fantastic so keep doing watcha doin!

-Thanks, Harry
Cya Later!!

Edited by Hbomb_79, 31 July 2015 - 11:25 AM.

#2 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

An up-to-date Tutorial will be here SOON!

EDIT: Up-To-Date Tutorial Is Now In The Main Post

Edited by Hbomb_79, 25 July 2014 - 12:37 AM.

#3 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:11 AM

Version 1.1.5 Released

After much messing around and testing ive gotten the 1.1.5 release open to you guys...

Changelog:
- Added The Ability To Pick Reactor On Program Picker
- Fixed Security Issues And Vulnerabilities in PIN program
- Fixed invalid url in installer
- completed reactor program, More info in main post
- added the ability to change PIN And DIGITAL LOCK details individually
- Fixed installer bug
- Fixed updater closing to shell after download with various errors...
- Gui improvements on all programs and scripts
- improved responsiveness of boot menu key receive

Hope you guys enjoy, Please post any ideas you have, right now im working on a turbine monitoring system, the reactor and turbine control systems are only useable with big reactors latest version

Edited by Hbomb_79, 27 July 2014 - 02:12 AM.

#4 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:56 AM

Version 1.1.6 Released

After MORE Testing, Debugging, Raging and testing, I bring to you the more user friendly HbombOS Security Suite

Changelog:
- Added Changeable Settings In PIN and Digital lock Program
- Added new reactor layout
- Improved reactor text
- Fixed flickering of GUI on reactor
- Reduced Time On Updater
- Improved HotKeys on reactor program
- Added Ability to use buttons on Computers to open there door... Check main post for details
- fixed installer attempt to call nil on old versions of program
- Updated all scripts with the hotKey system

Thanks for reading, and please use the program and leave some feedback!

Thanks!

Wooo, My Sixtieth post on the forums :)

Edited by Hbomb_79, 27 July 2014 - 07:42 AM.

#5 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:30 AM

Version 1.1.7 Released:
The New 'KeyCard' Program Is Still Being Worked On, Various Small Updates Will Be Fixing Bugs You May Experience, Please Report Any You Discover Unless Already Reported

Changelog:
- Added keycard Program
- Added Colors On Reactor Screen
- Added Safeguarding On Installer And Updater Incase There Is Lag...
- Added SafeGuard on update checker, and startup files incase lag causes them to return an error!
- Fixed lag on boot menu

The keycard lock [ALT] Key Is Still Being Worked On, It would run the incorrect program so instead it just reboots to stop errors.
It now works correctly, Enjoy!

Thanks Guys, Please try this out and leave feedback... I really enjoy this, i hope you enjoy using it as much as I do!

Edited by Hbomb_79, 29 July 2014 - 03:55 AM.

#6 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:36 PM

Version 1.1.8 Released

This version fixes and adds new features to the program's

Changelog
- Finished Keycard Lock
- Added hotkeys to digital lock and keycard
- Fixed closing bug on digital lock
- Added updater saferguard
- Added download api safeguard (More info in main post)

That's about all the relevant Changelog, of course there was a lot more done... :D
PLEASE Leave some feedback, I feel like no one is using this...

Edited by Hbomb_79, 28 July 2014 - 11:49 PM.

#7 micmou

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:10 AM

I had a suggestion for you to add into your host of programs it deals with pocket computers.
Maybe implement a security thing for docking wirelessy with pocket computers to unlock doors or do other things.

#8 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:24 AM

View Postmicmou, on 29 July 2014 - 04:10 AM, said:

Maybe implement a security thing for docking wirelessy with pocket computers to unlock doors or do other things.

So like a wireless lock so that when the PDA is in range running the program the host PC does an action... That sounds like a very cool idea, thank you, I will see what i can do

Edited by Hbomb_79, 29 July 2014 - 09:27 AM.

#9 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:46 AM

Progress Of The RangeLock..

1. Add Functionality Of PDAs And There APIS They Now Auto Download The Required APIs!
2. Get Them To Communicate Correctly They Now Successfully communicate with each other
3. Allow Easy Installation Of The System On PDAs Simply Access The Config And Select Register And You Can Insert Them Into Disk Drives! No Downloading Through Pastebin
4. Add Security That I Thought Was Lacking In oeeds version..! Press ALT And Enter The Admin Password From The Security Suite! Allows Registration, UN-registration and Wipe of configs so you can re-configure
5. Improve look and add on screen status The Host Computer AND The PDA Tell You If You Were Allowed Or Denied Access, if out of range it simply tells you 'System Ready!'

This Version Is On Github! Filename: RangeLock :)

Although the security suite will not be able to access it yet as there are too many bugs and incompleteness!

Let me know what you guys think!

Edited by Hbomb_79, 23 September 2014 - 12:12 AM.

#10 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

Version 1 of the RangeLock is available!
Until it is completely finished I will not be releasing an update, Although you can force update through your Boot Menu To update, Although be warned, There may be bugs!

Thanks Guys! This Was A Fun Idea, I love it when people give feedback :)

Documentation Will Be Added Tomorrow As Im very Tired Right Now!

Documentation Is Now In The Programs Section In The Main Post, If You Have Any Questions Please Ask, Although Everything Is Explained In The Program!

Edited by Hbomb_79, 01 August 2014 - 11:08 PM.

#11 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:11 PM

Version 1.2.0 Released

After alot of wanting to punch something I finally competed this update... Although it was heaps of fun and I really like the end product

Changelog
- Added And Finished Range Lock
- Fixed Flicker Bug In Digital Lock
- Various Fixes And Improvements

If You Want To Use The Range Lock, Use Your BootMenu (instructions in main post) To Change Your Startup File To The RangeLock AFTER Updating...

Thanks For Your Support And Idea micmou I really appreciate it

#12 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:02 AM

New RangeLock Version Available

Added feature to allow you to individually un-register a PDA without needing to re-register it on your other computers

Basically before it used to remove its fingerprint meaning all the computers would deny it, Now only the computer you un-registered it from will Deny it, Which is alot better if you have lots of these like I do

Download Now By Force Updating Via Your Security Suite BootMenu!

Then Simply Re-register your PDA to update its software and poof, There ya go!

#13 micmou

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

I have another suggestion for your security suite maybe include the ability to use pocket computers as keycards? In your keycard program

#14 Shawn

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:50 AM

anyway i can get the Reactor Management program as a standalone i don't have access to server files to actually get your suite to work. i'm on CC 1.5

#15 smetie_NL

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

Posted Image

What can i do?

#16 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:10 AM

View Postsmetie_NL, on 18 August 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

Posted Image

What can i do?

Hi there, Sorry about this I cant believe that passed the Testing.. Your problem is being looked into and I will inform you when its fixed!!

#17 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:30 AM

View PostShawn, on 09 August 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

anyway i can get the Reactor Management program as a standalone i don't have access to server files to actually get your suite to work. i'm on CC 1.5

I'm struggling to understand what you mean but if you are requesting to individually download the reactor program then this isn't possible yet, as all the programs are stored on GitHub. When you say you can't get it to work, is it a domain denied error or something else, if it is another error like an attempt to call nil, please screenshot the error and post it here so I can fix it for you, otherwise you could ask the server owner to do the steps at the top of the page to allow the domain.

View Postmicmou, on 08 August 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

I have another suggestion for your security suite maybe include the ability to use pocket computers as keycards? In your keycard program

This is a really cool simple idea... hopefully, It may even all ready work if you register it, have you tried there should be nothing stopping it from accepting PDAs.

Ill test this if I remember too and get back to you.

Edited by Hbomb_79, 25 August 2014 - 08:53 PM.

#18 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

Most apologies to people attempting to use the program on CC 1.5, if you are not running the latest version then lots of problems occur... The installer doesn't like not having a directory pre made where as CC 1.6 and above auto create it, I will attempt to fix this my simply making it create the directories manually... Thank you for your patience

-Hbomb

Edited by Hbomb_79, 25 August 2014 - 08:46 PM.

#19 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:10 AM

View PostHbomb_79, on 23 August 2014 - 02:10 AM, said:

View Postsmetie_NL, on 18 August 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

Posted Image

What can i do?

What Version Of Computercraft Are You Running... It might be related to the incompatibility with 1.5 and below, Although this will be fixed soon...

#20 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:49 AM

Dear Users,

Those of you that are having issues with the program and/or are running on Computercraft 1.5 Or Below thank you very much for your patience, After downloading CC 1.5 And running testing and repairing, diagnosing, and creating code the problem appears to be fixed.

I have tested all programs although if you are using the 'Reactor' Program without bigreactors installed, It will crash, This goes for the rangeLock program as you need to have PDAs, If you arent on the correct version, both of the programs will close. If you picked these and they crash then on boot press and hold [ALT] until the top right text says 'Entering Setup', then select change startup program and select another program...

If you want to redownload the installer to get the fixed version simply type the following:

rm <NAME OF INSTALLER>
Then re-install with
pastebin get ddsvm2fx Installer

And after that simply run the installer with the name you downloaded it with.. I used 'Installer' so ill type that... Then you should be fine and the system should work

Suggestions:
Thanks micmou for your suggestion for both the RangeLock and the PDA idea for the Disk Lock, although if you insert a PDA instead of a disk it works like a charm so feel free to do so.

Thanks Again, Any Suggestions...

This Marks version 1.2.1!

Edited by Hbomb_79, 26 August 2014 - 04:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users