#21 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • LocationOrewa, New Zealand

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

Hello Everyone!

Version 1 Of DualKey Program Is Now Available On GitHub

Github Link

Due to missing features and insufficent Server, Single Player and Helper (Other People) testing I have yet to find any bugs other than what I have found, Although this seems suitable to use, Personally I use a modified version of this as my missile countdown, Tell me what you think of the program and any other ideas for programs :)/>

The program is now officially released!

Edited by Hbomb_79, 17 September 2014 - 10:07 PM.

#22 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:54 PM

Version 1.2.2 Released

Hello Everyone, After coding here and there I have created a New Program... dualKeyCard with new [Alt] key dynamics, After pressing you can press again to cancel which is more helpfull then you think, you can also return to the program by pressing [alt] as well.

The dualKeyCard Program Is Very Similar To The KeyCard Lock but requires two keycards and two disk drives, I use mine for a missile silo... What can you do? Let me Know.

Changelog Of Important Changes:
- Added And Finished KeyCardDual Program
- Added xpcall Error Catching To Startup File
- Added Support For Extra Program
- Finished Support For CC1.5 Systems
There were many more but these are the big ones

Thanks Again!, Bye Bye

#23 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:55 AM

Version 1.2.3 Released

Hello again, after some sleep() testing and lots of messing around with timings I bring to you a better more advanced reactor management system.

The program now has new features:
New save technology utilizes tables to save data in just a fraction of the coding, now all settings can be stored in one place by just creating them on the fly and reloading them anytime, anywhere. This greatly increases save and loading times

Monitor support allows monitors to be placed in a wired network using a wired modem or in direct contact with the computer, thus allowing the rectors status to be displayed on the big screen.

Unfortunately the system generates too much information for certain sized monitors, this means they have to be at least 29 Across X 12 Vertically, So 3x2, You can have them as large as you want as long as there bigger than 3x2.

Monitor Must Be Advanced, Just Like The Computer

Links:
More Information On Wired Modems
More Information On Monitors

#24 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:48 AM

Version 2 Of The Reactor Program Marks Suite Version 1.2.4

Hello everyone, Today I bring you the smaller, quicker and stream-less reactor program, Recoded from the ground up this version has quicker key responses, automatic reactor detection, automatic monitor detection, monitor and reactor peripheral detection to detect monitor resizes and reactor break.

Quicker saving times make the program seamless and quick to setup and load configs.
New Key Responses react the moment you press, not moments after.
Touch Screen Monitor support allows you to edit the reactor core settings from on screen, Toggle the Auto-Mode and the Reactor itself all from a stylish monitor design.
Event Register Allows events to be instantly detected.
Advanced xpcall error catching Stops the program from randomly freezing and tells you whats going wrong.
Advanced Monitor Detection Ensures your information is centered in both the X and Y Axis of the monitor
Reactor Control straight from the monitor allows you to toggle Reactor and Auto Control straight from the monitor, Simply click the Top Right to toggle reactor or the 'Auto Toggle' to toggle auto control.
Color Support intelligently changes color of selected text depending of data
Reactor Watch makes sure the monitor tells you when the terminal is on a different page rather than freeze.

I hope you guys enjoy this update, Cya next time

The [ALT] Function to edit settings is not complete and will be released in a later version.

Edited by Hbomb_79, 28 August 2014 - 10:01 AM.

#25 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:41 AM

Bug Fixes!! Woooh
Marks Version 1.2.5 Update By Rebooting Your Computers... New features must be downloaded

Hello again, Today I bring a couple of new features, Two of which are very important, I also optimized the reactor to stop: 'Crashing When Removing Monitor', 'Flickering Screen On Monitor For Reactor Program', New features: 'Offline Use', 'Cancel Update'

So, What are these new fixs and features?

Monitor Crash Fix: When removing a monitor from the computer while the reactor program is running causes crashing because its referencing a peripheral that no longer exists, Now, if you remove any peripheral it scans all peripheral and disbale the monitor until it finds it again, this is hit and miss because if its half way through printing things on screen it will crash... unless I have 20+ if statements... -_-

Flickering Screen Fix: Minor fix decreases the frequency the reactor monitor is redrawn

Offline Use: Allows you to use the program offline, after the updater has attempted 3 times to download the update, It simply gives up and skips.. This will happen every boot though.

Cancel Update: If you dont want to update, You can now press 'N' and it will run the program you chose at first time run... (Or through boot menu)

Thanks Again, Please dont hesitate to leave bug reports, comments(positive or constructive) and my favorite... Suggestions!

-Hbomb

#26 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:23 AM

Features Added In 1.2.6:

Automatic Error Sending
Program Logging
New Detector Program Using OpenP Sensors(Already Released, Has Mulitshell Bugs When rebooting Or Shuttings down... Still completes task though)
All Programs Will Use The LogFile API To Log There Progress Including Information And Errors, This file will be wiped on reboot...
Recovery Mode Preventing Log File Being Overwritten While Being Sent
New BSoD Workings Will Auto Size To Screen And Handle Error Log
New BSoD Will Also Check File System For Modifications Before Sending Error Report

Released!! (9/12/14)

Edited by Hbomb_79, 12 September 2014 - 10:46 AM.

#27 keramond

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:30 PM

hi,

thank you for this awesome suite. I have a question about the rangelock, is there a setting to change the actual detector range? because the standard range is 1 to 2 blocks to far for my base.

Edited by keramond, 17 September 2014 - 02:38 PM.

#28 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:04 PM

keramond, on 17 September 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

hi,

thank you for this awesome suite. I have a question about the rangelock, is there a setting to change the actual detector range? because the standard range is 1 to 2 blocks to far for my base.

First off thanks for the compliment, I'm glad you enjoy it, with the range lock if you are using the PDA version then during setup simply specify a different range... There is currently no way of changing after setup without deleting the configuration, just press alt in the range lock, option to change settings advanced will be added soon, although I'm implementing buttons now which is of higher priority and it's kinds time consuming :P

If your using the open p detector version, then there is no way to change it as the sensor doesn't return a proximity value

For Indepth info about any of the program's or the suite in general then visit my website profile here: http://www.harryfelt...ge-Profile.html

Edited by Hbomb_79, 17 September 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#29 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:57 PM

Version 2.0.0 release information

This version has been been released and brings some pretty huge changes, buttons and graphical APIs have been added and implemented to make the suite more responsive and user friendly, also huge bug fixes and all program's that don't include event listeners will be recoded to ensure a stream less experience allowing maximum precision in terms of calculating correct or incorrect hash keys... as well as file opener, debug mode allows you to adjust the system code without annoyances, enabling you to be free in the world of lua, much better setup program allowing people to start using the suite with minimal help meaning the most beginner computer craft user can get along just fine, ability to change settings on the fly.. no more deleting configs and best of all responsive user interfaces will open new doors for the realm of security...

The features will blow version 1 out of the water!

I am very interested in your opinions and any feedback you have is greatly appreciated.

Let me know what you guys like and dislike about the suite, also what you use it for would be interesting, that way I can concentrate on the most used programs

Note to users not on V2.0.0: If you are using the suite and it crashes with an error mentioning: updater ending with no protocol, then I'm afraid there is no way to fix this, the cause is older version, unless you were on the latest update the suite will crash, break and place the PC to fix this if it ISNT named, else then you would have to gain access to shell and reinstall

Also due to disabling the updater, the bootMenu is now inaccessible, although the update is coming very soon!

Release Date: The suite has already been released, It was uploaded on the 23rd September at 6PM NZDT

ChangeLog:
- Added Button To All Programs, More to be added though
- Re programmed any program that didn't utilize my latest coding knowledge
- Added new boot logos and reprogrammed startup for better boot menu..
- More options added to the boot menu allowing superior control over settings that include: Update Settings, Debug Mode, Startup File, Admin Pass and much more!
- Redesigned XPCALL system catching errors more effectively
- Redesigned Update System Enables the user to quickly use the program offline, it only takes a single try, you can event totally turn updating off(Not Recommended)

Note: Not all programs have buttons yet! these will have them implemented soon, this is because older versions of the suite stopped functioning after the updater was changed... therefore the update had to be released ASAP

How Do I Download?
Downloading is easy, simply ensure you are connected to the internet and have updating enabled, then reboot and the PC will notify you of version 2.0.0 and then will reinstall the latest installer, once downloaded the installer will be run in either quiet or normal mode depending on your settings, once finished the system will check that the requred files exists and then reboot! Then you can enjoy the 1 second boot time and faster programs!

Program Crashing?
If your program is crashing then I strongly recommend you erase your settings using the boot menu, this is due to knew features that aren't implemented in your config...

Ensure ANY bug you come across is reported HERE!

Edited by Hbomb_79, 23 September 2014 - 05:34 AM.

#30 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:23 AM

V2.0.0.1 and V2.0.0.2

These updates have been released together due to a couple of issues occuring after first release, It only effected 1.5, The second release fixes that

Changelog:

+ Added ability to use button in dualKey redstone configuration
* Fixed number input bug resulting in strange decimal values to occur
* Fixed error screen termination bug
* Fixed rangeLock PDA updater, all users please RE-Register your PDA ASAP!
+ Error screen now to submit your computer ID, Name and your IP to make sure it isnt a repeat offender causing issues due to file modification
* Impoved startup program speed

Let me know what you like and dont like about the security suite!

Thanks guys, Cya next time!

- Harry

#31 willwac

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:28 AM

Please remove the Debug option when setting it up!
Make a secret (and documented) way to turn on debug and change the color scheme to red when debug is turned on.

#32 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:58 AM

willwac (NewCoolPC), on 23 October 2014 - 12:28 AM, said:

Please remove the Debug option when setting it up!
Make a secret (and documented) way to turn on debug and change the color scheme to red when debug is turned on.

The debug mode was added into the setup program to allow users that done want to seek out documentation can easily use or not use this feature, it also serves as a privacy feature if you just don't want your IP sent to me on log report, this is only sent through email but still. Also in your complaint you have no reason why it is a problem, it's one extra click that removes the need for people to seek documentation on my website as many people don't realise documentation exists, also, having debug mode on is green simply because it is implying you should click it when you intend to modify code, as it complies with the text, which is why the color scheme is the way it is

If you want to adjust you debug settings after setup, you can use the boot menu

Thanks for your reply, but please enhance it by giving me an actual reason why it is a problem and why it should be removed.

Edited by Hbomb_79, 23 October 2014 - 02:00 AM.

#33 willwac

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:51 PM

Okay. I thought that debug might create a problem with security itself.
Also, PLEASE HASH THE PASSWORDS! I was able to grab my password from the disk used as a keycard.
Could you streamline the UI across programs?
You can auto-detect peripherals! You can also check to see what CraftOS Version they are on as well. If they are pre-1.6.3, you can have them select a side, but if the user has upgraded, find the modems and drives automatically!

#34 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:32 PM

willwac (NewCoolPC), on 23 October 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

Okay. I thought that debug might create a problem with security itself.
Also, PLEASE HASH THE PASSWORDS! I was able to grab my password from the disk used as a keycard.
Could you streamline the UI across programs?
You can auto-detect peripherals! You can also check to see what CraftOS Version they are on as well. If they are pre-1.6.3, you can have them select a side, but if the user has upgraded, find the modems and drives automatically!

With the passwords there is no need to hash them as if they have the keycard then they have access, although encryption is something being worked on for normal passwords to prevent such, not sure how it works exactly, I hope you can't take the encrypted string off of one pc and decrypt on another. If so then again, that's pointless, if not then it will be coming, if they have the keycard then it won't matter if they know the random codes or not

What do you mean streamline? They all have the same titleBar etc... The text and color scheme is the same, please specify what you mean

Why would I need to to auto detect peripherals? I have already use that for the reactor, rangeLock and proximity lock, all others that need to have it. I am aware of auto detection using events, although again, smarter peripherals are planned, but not needed like other things right now. I assume you are referring to os.version() to detect craftOS version, I haven't messed with that yet because it would require me to trim the string...

Thanks again, hopefully you can further explain your streamlining idea.

Edited by Hbomb_79, 23 October 2014 - 10:38 PM.

#35 Dragon53535

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • LocationIn the Matrix

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:40 PM

When working with passwords, and user created passwords, it's always safest to just hash them just in case, since some people might use a common password that they use for other things like minecraft, and if someone were to get that password, well then it would be dangerous to the account holder if it's the same password as some account they have. However if you hash/salt it, it makes it pretty hard/impossible to get the password that the user inputted again, and thus allow it be used more freely.

#36 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:45 PM

Dragon53535, on 23 October 2014 - 10:40 PM, said:

When working with passwords, and user created passwords, it's always safest to just hash them just in case, since some people might use a common password that they use for other things like minecraft, and if someone were to get that password, well then it would be dangerous to the account holder if it's the same password as some account they have. However if you hash/salt it, it makes it pretty hard/impossible to get the password that the user inputted again, and thus allow it be used more freely.

Hmm, I see, let's say someone was using the suite and someone managed to get hold of the encrypted password, could they simply decrypt it and obtain the real password? Or is there somesort of random algorithm that the hacker can't obtain to decrypt.

#37 Dragon53535

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • LocationIn the Matrix

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:55 PM

A hash is a one way encryption, it has no decryption. There is a way to try and brute force it with something called rainbow tables which is a precompiled list of input that the output is then saved to. And so you input the output and it says hey yeah this is what i did to get that. Sha-256
However it's not perfect and if you do it right then it will not find the inputted password.

Edited by Dragon53535, 23 October 2014 - 10:56 PM.

#38 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:57 PM

Dragon53535, on 23 October 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

A hash is a one way encryption, it has no decryption. There is a way to try and brute force it with something called rainbow tables which is a precompiled list of input that the output is then saved to. And so you input the output and it says hey yeah this is what i did to get that. Sha-256
However it's not perfect and if you do it right then it will not find the inputted password.

If it's one way then how would my program know if the encrypted string matches what the users password is?

#39 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:09 AM

Hbomb_79, on 23 October 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

-snip-

If it's one way then how would my program know if the encrypted string matches what the users password is?

Compare the hash of the correct password to the hash of the correct password. The hash of a string will always match the hash of the same string.

#40 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:55 PM

My next task is going to be hashing and encryption, But what did you mean by 'streamlining the UI' ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users