Could I feature your Computercraft creations on my youtube channel?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Thatparadox

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:58 AM

Hey guys, long time lurker here. I'm usually too embarrassed of my code to post anything, ha ha. Also, I've never really wanted to use this space to promote my channel because I know that's not what these forums are here for.

I have a Youtube channel with about 400 subscribers, maybe some of you guys, that's mostly dedicated to Computercraft builds and tutorials. Recently I've been trying to crank out more content but because it's hard to come up with interesting, fully realized Computercraft concepts on a daily basis I've been doing let's plays... that no one watches...

I'd really much rather be getting up more cool Computercraft creations for people to see! So, if you're willing, I'd really like to spotlight yours!

These can be anything from a few lines of code that do something neat or unexpected or useful, some cool cross mod compatibility, total OS overhauls, funny random crap, games, mods being developed that work with Computercraft.... Anything! No need to be a LUA god. if the code works then that'll do. I've made some really simple things that have been far more popular than projects that took weeks to make.

Not sure about the format yet but I can just show it myself or maybe get on a server and teamspeak with you and you can explain it or show it off?

I know that when you make something really cool you may want to share it with people and I'd love to be a part of doing that! I hope no one finds this post inappropriate or spam-like. Just seeing if anyone would be interested :)

P.S I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in Media but seeing as I'm not actually posting something for people to watch or see it seemed out of place there. Plus I want to have a "general" discussion about this, ha ha.

P.P.S I hope there's not someone already doing this that I'm completely ignorant of.

P.P.P.S if you could link me to your code that would be awesome. Saves me hunting around.

Edited by Thatparadox, 01 October 2014 - 01:57 AM.

#2 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:54 AM

I've been meaning to make a video or two about some of my programs, so if you want I'd be quite happy for you to feature some of them.

#3 Thatparadox

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:16 AM

View Postoeed, on 29 September 2014 - 08:54 AM, said:

I've been meaning to make a video or two about some of my programs, so if you want I'd be quite happy for you to feature some of them.

Thanks, I will!

Those look great!! Really like the door lock. Clever!

Edited by Thatparadox, 29 September 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#4 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:52 PM

Yes, oeed's well known around here for... his door locks, yes.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#5 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

I don't know how interesting a video something like nsh would make, but my pocketgps program or perhaps LyqydOS might be interesting enough to look at to be worth it.

#6 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:50 AM

View PostBomb Bloke, on 29 September 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

Yes, oeed's well known around here for... his door locks, yes.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha ha, yea....

By all means take a look at my door lock, but I'd ask to also look at OneOS as well. It already has the door lock built in to it.

#7 ElvishJerricco

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:19 AM

LuaLua might be interesting to some people.

#8 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:36 AM

I doubt anyone could spend more than a couple of minutes talking about my scripts, but you're welcome to try. :)

#9 Thatparadox

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

Wooo! Thanks guys! I'll take a look through your stuff and let you know! Lyqyd, I'm actually just uploading a mod spotlight on Quadracopters. Thats you, right? Well done, sir! Really enjoying it!

#10 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:53 PM

Hey, thanks! Glad you're enjoying it. :)

#11 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:26 PM

Just going to drop this off...
http://turtlescripts...dhs4-Auto-Label

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users