Quadracoptors 0.2.0 [MC 1.7.10 | CC 1.65+]

90 replies to this topic

#1 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:14 AM

Quadracoptors is a mod that essentially adds pipes to ComputerCraft. The mod adds item-carrying, fluid-carrying, and entity-carrying quadracoptors that can be sent on programmed routes to carry things around your base. The item quadracoptors can carry up to one stack of items, and the fluid quadracoptors can carry up to one bucket (1000 mB) of fluids. The entity quadracoptors can pick up one living entity at a time and are currently creative-only. The quadracoptors will interact with sided inventories only from the top side, as they only interact with things directly below themselves. Quadracoptors are launched from a base station and have unlimited range, though they won't load unloaded chunks. Portal transitions may have detrimental effects on the quadracoptors' internal navigation systems, so be wary of sending them through any teleportation devices.

You can now have your quadracoptors hover at a Waystation! These blocks expose the inventory of any quad hovering above them through the bottom of the block. Use the hover command in your programs to have a Quadracoptor stop at a Waystation.

You can download the mod here (version 0.2.0).

Please note: You cannot safely upgrade worlds from pre-0.2.0 to version 0.2.0. All base stations will be removed if you attempt to do so.

And here's a quadracoptor in action, carrying some cobblestone:

Posted Image

ThatParadox made a mod spotlight video that shows off the quadracoptors:

Quadracoptor User Guide

Crafting Recipes

#2 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:34 AM

Well this looks interesting.

Few quick questions:

What happens if a quadracoptor encounters an unloaded chunk?

What happens if a quadracoptor fails a movement, eg due to a mob? Do they stop, auto-retry, or auto-return?

#3 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:34 AM

Awesome! I'm glad to see you release this! :D also, the latest version, yay! :)

#4 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:44 AM

View PostBomb Bloke, on 30 September 2014 - 03:34 AM, said:

Well this looks interesting.

Few quick questions:

What happens if a quadracoptor encounters an unloaded chunk?

What happens if a quadracoptor fails a movement, eg due to a mob? Do they stop, auto-retry, or auto-return?

When encountering unloaded chunks, they should hang out just inside the unloaded chunk or whatever else it is that entities do when crossing chunk boundaries. They do resume when loaded again and continue on their merry way. I have tested mid-flight chunk load/unload cycles, but have not explicitly tested the chunk boundary approach situation. :)

Usually, they'll pass through mobs (their bounding box is small enough that they tend to pass through other entities), but if they are unable to reach a destination (due to a block in the way, perhaps), they will dutifully knock their heads into the block until the obstruction is clear, or you whack them with your fist to knock them down, whereupon they'll fall as an item, dropping any items inside them. Fluids inside a fluid quadracoptor would be destroyed when knocked down, sadly (though I do plan on fixing this at some point).

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 30 September 2014 - 03:34 AM, said:

Awesome! I'm glad to see you release this! :D also, the latest version, yay! :)

Thanks!

#5 Thatparadox

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:30 PM

This is awesome! Thanks Lyqyd! I made a mod spotlight for it: https://www.youtube....2yzjcegL9E0WLw6

#6 Rougeminner

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:08 AM

This is really cool lyqyd these little guys just upgraded moon base

#7 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:22 AM

Just updated to fix a bug where the quadracoptors wouldn't pick up item entities floating in the world unless a value was specified for the suck command.

#8 MKlegoman357

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • LocationKaunas, Lithuania

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

This is a really nice mod you made Lyqyd! I really like the floating animation when they hit a block and cannot move. I have some suggestions too:

• The base block should fire an event whenever a quadracoptor lands on it.
  • An instruction to stop the quadracoptor in the air for some time ( 'sleep(...)' ).
  • Ability to get the current position of the quadracoptor.
  • Ability for quadracoptor to send messages to the base so a computer would know where the quadracoptor is and what is he doing. (I'm talking about custom messages)
  • A way to remote control the quadracoptor. Using a PDA to control one would be just like those real quadracoptors.

These are some ideas that I think would be nice to have, although I realize that some of them won't quite fit with the idea of the mod.

Anyway, good luck with it!

#9 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:20 PM

Thanks!

1. Yeah, that would be a cool feature.
2. & 5. These sound similar to planned features, though probably not exactly what you're thinking.
3. & 4., I'd have to think about a bit.

#10 AssossaGPB

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:07 PM

This is epic, here are a few cool features I think would be nice:
1. A way to place (and maybe break) blocks
2. A way to program the quads in full lua/remote control

If you won't let us use full lua/remote control then:
1. Loops
2. Variables
3. Rednet
4. Conditional Branching

#11 MKlegoman357

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • LocationKaunas, Lithuania

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:55 PM

View PostLyqyd, on 05 October 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

Ah, you should probably mention them in the user's guide :D

View PostLyqyd, on 05 October 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

2. & 5. These sound similar to planned features, though probably not exactly what you're thinking.

Oh, then we'll have to wait and see :P

#12 Skiouros

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:54 PM

Any chance you'd allow the suck command to specify the amount of items picked up?

#13 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:51 AM

It already does! I've updated the user guide in the first post. I also noticed a bug as I was glancing through the code, involving another previously-undocumented feature, so I've updated the mod. The latest version is in the first post, as usual.

#14 Skiouros

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:04 PM

Hmm, I'm trying to use the suck to get 3 items from a chest, but when I do "suck 3" it picks up the entire stack.

#15 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:47 PM

Whoops, thought I had fixed that long ago. Uploaded a new version that should respect specified quantities on the suck command now. I'll test it later today to confirm that it works, but it should be solved at this point.

#16 Skiouros

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:58 PM

Thanks for the fast response, it works fine now. :D

#17 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:44 PM

This isn't getting enough love. Great job, Lyqyd!

#18 cdel

• Banned
  • 496 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:21 AM

Just found this topic, great job!

#19 Sam_Starfall

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:52 PM

A quick question if a route or "path" ends at a second programed base will the quadcopter take on the new program at the second base? as in the copter can hop from programed base to programed base conducting various jobs each time like in a chain?

#20 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:51 PM

Sure! A Quadracoptor will land at a base if it reaches the end of its program over one. It doesn't then "remember" anything and simply enters the pool of available Quadracoptors in that base station. You could set up a ring of tasks and circulate them through the ring.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users