Quadracoptors 0.2.0 [MC 1.7.10 | CC 1.65+]

90 replies to this topic

#41 zurbo

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:05 AM

Hello,
I'm working on a modpack (public) with a lot of CC addons inside and i would like to know if i could use this addon inside my modpack ? and what should I do ? (I can't find any license in the thread :( )

#42 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:06 AM

Yes, feel free to use this mod in mod packs! You may redistribute unmodified copies of this mod freely for non-commercial purposes.

#43 Agent Silence

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • Location[string "FindMe"]:23143: bad argument #1 to 'returnPos' (vector expected, got nil)

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:15 AM

After months of experimenting with this, I found a couple things with the entity quadcopters :

Entity Quadcopters can lift people.
Entity Quadcopters can suffocate an entity by driving into the ground.

There is a bug when lifting people. It will look like the player is still in the Quadcopter when they are dropped. Immobilizing them for quite a while if it was a long journey. Disregarding that, you can make several cool taxi systems. Since players will act as chunk loaders for the Quadcopters, you can travel quite extreme distances with it.

#44 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:42 AM

Version 0.2.0 adds a new feature: Waystations! Quadracoptors can hover over a waystation to allow their inventories/tanks to be directly manipulated by other automation, by exposing them through the bottom side of the waystation block. You can use the "hover [time]" command in your quadracoptor programs to tell them to attempt to hover at a waystation. Only one quadracoptor can use a waystation at a time.

This update also adds correct rendering for liquids in the tanks for the fluid quadracoptors, so you can finally see what they're carrying!

Requiem of Silence, on 19 April 2015 - 06:15 AM, said:

After months of experimenting with this, I found a couple things with the entity quadcopters :

Entity Quadcopters can lift people.
Entity Quadcopters can suffocate an entity by driving into the ground.

There is a bug when lifting people. It will look like the player is still in the Quadcopter when they are dropped. Immobilizing them for quite a while if it was a long journey. Disregarding that, you can make several cool taxi systems. Since players will act as chunk loaders for the Quadcopters, you can travel quite extreme distances with it.

I'll work on fixing the bugs with quadracoptors carrying players, but bear in mind that they are still currently creative-only. :)

#45 PomTom12

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:39 PM

This is awesome I like how easy it is to program them, great work!

#46 gabriel

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:20 AM

why not add some fuel system, it's nice to have them flying arround but for ever and ever may not let it attractive to survival gaming

#47 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:09 AM

Not so sure I can agree with that - just about every piping system available somehow manages to magically shunt items around the place without any form of external power, loosely justified by the presence of redstone within the Autarchic Gates / Pneumatic Servos / whatever you're using in your piping network. Why should Quadracoptors be any different?

#48 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:55 AM

Bomb Bloke's hit the nail on the head. There may be features down the line that require some sort of external power, but the basic piping functionality won't ever require fueling of any sort.

#49 Terra1

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:50 PM

does this work with plotme protection?

#50 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:07 PM

Quadracoptors does not do anything specific to accommodate permissions/protections beyond the fact that it respects ISidedInventory available slot checks and the like. Unless PlotMe alters the blocks' Tile Entities, it is unlikely that Quadracoptors would respect restrictions placed on inventories in this way. If a block permissions/protection system is ever implemented into Forge itself, I will have Quadracoptors use that system, but I'm not really interested in supporting the flavor-of-the-week permissions system in Bukkit/Cauldron/MCPC/Spigot/etc.

Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

#51 negamartin

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:53 PM

Hello, I am using Quadracoptors 0.2.0 and I have noticed a bug, but it doesn't crash.
The world lags terribly, taking about 4-8 seconds for anything to get to the server and back.
Pressing a key in a computer takes this time, opening a chest too, etc.
I'm getting this spammed in my console:
Spoiler

So, if you can fix this, it would be greatly appreciated. For now I have to exclude it from my world.
(Yeah, when I remove it it gets fixed)
Thanks!

BTW awesome mod. I would really like to use it :(

#52 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:19 PM

Can you provide a full mod list and reproduction instructions? That will greatly speed the debugging process.

#53 negamartin

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:50 PM

Sure.
Modlist
I also tried with quadracoptors 0.1.6 and it also lagged.
I removed it, but the console logs and lag still happens!
I don't know what happened, but removing quadracoptors doesn't fix it.
Maybe you'll be able to reproduce it by having the same mods, I don't know.

#54 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:55 PM

Are the console logs different when you remove Quadracoptors? What happens if you kill the entity at the location the messages are specifying? I'm not really sure why or how a bat entity would be having anything to do with the Quadracoptors, to be honest.

#55 negamartin

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:54 PM

Nevermind. In a different world without Quadracoptors the problem still happens, due to corrupt chunks.
I'm sorry for reporting a false bug. It was just sudden blackouts.
Thanks anyway.

#56 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:39 PM

Okay, thanks for the update!

#57 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:53 PM

Is this updated for CC 1.74?

#58 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:58 PM

Were there any API changes between 1.73 and 1.74 that are causing it not to work? I haven't tested it yet, but I'm not aware of any significant API changes in ComputerCraft that would cause it to not work.

#59 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:16 PM

Ahh I see apologies, I thought it was just CC1.6x, that's great do you mind if we add it to our server modpack? and redistribute it for the technic and downloadable modpack please?

#60 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:42 PM

Lyqyd, on 04 April 2015 - 05:06 AM, said:

Yes, feel free to use this mod in mod packs! You may redistribute unmodified copies of this mod freely for non-commercial purposes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users