[MC 1.7.10|1.8|1.8.9] KnightPeripherals - clicking, smashing, ranged, and explosive turtles

turtle

19 replies to this topic

#1 KnightMiner

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Locationattempt to index "location" (a nil value)

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:30 PM

KnightPeripherals is my addon to ComputerCraft which adds a couple of turtle upgrades I found were lacking elsewhere.

Download
Latest 1.8.9 download: Version 2.3.1 for ComputerCraft 1.78
Latest 1.8 download: Version 2.0.2 for ComputerCraft 1.76
Latest 1.7 download: Version 1.3 for ComputerCraft 1.75
Other downloads: Click here

Features

This mod adds seven different turtle upgrades:
  • Smashing Turtles: They use an Ex Nihilo hammer to break blocks and get their hammer rewards
  • Crushing Turtles: They use an Ex Compressum hammer to break blocks and get their compressed hammer rewards
  • Clicking Turtles: They can simulate a player right click on a block
  • Ranged Turtles: They can attack monsters using a bow
  • Explosive Turtles: They can drop ignited TNT and self destruct
  • Mining Laser Turtles: They can fire a laser that can break blocks
  • Sensor Turtles: They can scan their environment to determine the hardness of nearby blocks and the distance until the nearest block

For more information, see the mod's wiki on Github.

License

This mod is licensed under the GNU GPLv2 license, seen here.

You may use this mod in a mod pack, provided you credit me (KnightMiner) as the creator of the mod and all other mods have permission to be distributed in your pack. Also, while not required, it would be nice if you sent me a message telling me you are using the mod, I'd love to see how people are using it.

Source

This mod is open sourced. Click here to find it on Github.

Issues

This mod has not been extensively tested, but I have found it to be stable and fully functioning so far. If you find any issues, report them on my GitHub issue tracker, not here in the thread.

Suggestions and feedback

Feel free to post suggestions and feedback in this thread, I would be glad to hear what others think about this mod.

Credits
  • KnightMiner: Mod developer
  • austinv11: Wrote several helper functions for Turtles, used under terms of his license.
  • Cypher121: Wrote original fake player provider and helper functions for block clicking centering, used under terms of his license.
  • MrCrayfish: Created very helpful tutorials for modding basics.
  • SquidDev: Provided helpful advice here on the forums. Also wrote the helper functions for turtle tool rendering, used under terms of his license.

Edited by KnightMiner, 28 May 2016 - 02:58 PM.

#2 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:17 PM

I am so glad that you made this 1.7.10

#3 KnightMiner

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:28 PM

View PostLupus590, on 28 January 2016 - 10:17 PM, said:

I am so glad that you made this 1.7.10
1.7.10 does seem like the best version for a small mod for now (as not a lot of people are going to update to 1.8 for a small mod). Though the main reason it is 1.7.10 is I designed it for my SkyBlock pack which still depends on a few mods that only exist in 1.7.10.

#4 KnightMiner

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:50 AM

I have just released two updates.

The first is version 1.1 for 1.7.10, which has the following changes:
  • Added NEI support
    • KnightPeripherals' turtles now show up in the NEI inventory
  • Renamed "Claw" to "Turtle Claw" - it made more sense
  • Added more returns to claw.click()
    • If it fails due to the event being canceled, it returns an additional string stating that
    • When successful, it additionally returns a boolean stating if something was clicked. This is the second return rather than the main one since it does not properly work on some blocks based on how they are implemented (for example, Tinkers' Construct Oreberry bushes)
  • Fixed a bug with stacks not disappearing from the inventory when the last item is use
The second version is version 2.0 for Minecraft 1.8. Other than porting it to 1.8, it has the following changes:
  • Turtle claw now renders as a tool, instead of an item
  • Turtle claw now swings when clicking a block
I plan on porting to 1.8.9 sometime tomorrow, as I am having a few issues setting up the 1.8.9 workspace right now (but it should be a much quicker port than the 1.7.10 one to 1.8).

Edit: I ported the 1.8 version to 1.8.9, which really did not require changing much code, just compiling it against 1.8.9.

Edited by KnightMiner, 04 February 2016 - 02:58 AM.

#5 Blitzsy

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:48 PM

This is a great mod, Keep up the great work. The only issue I am having is with the turtle claw on the server not working, I reported the issue on github for you though.

#6 KnightMiner

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:51 PM

View PostBlitzsy, on 05 February 2016 - 11:48 PM, said:

This is a great mod, Keep up the great work.
Thanks! I'm glad people are enjoying it.

View PostBlitzsy, on 05 February 2016 - 11:48 PM, said:

The only issue I am having is with the turtle claw on the server not working, I reported the issue on github for you though.
Thanks for the report. I fixed the issue in version 1.1.1. The claw was using a library that is apparently not loaded by the Minecraft server, so I switched to an alternative.

Edited by KnightMiner, 06 February 2016 - 04:24 PM.

#7 Agent Silence

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • Location[string "FindMe"]:23143: bad argument #1 to 'returnPos' (vector expected, got nil)

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:48 PM

If you are looking for ideas, a turtle that interacts with Ars Magica 2 would be really cool

#8 KnightMiner

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:26 PM

View PostAgent Silence, on 06 February 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

If you are looking for ideas, a turtle that interacts with Ars Magica 2 would be really cool
In what way do you suggest it interacts? I have never really played Ars Magica 2, so I am a little unsure of what kinds of interactions a turtle peripheral/tool could do. (though almost anything related to basic right clicking is already covered)

#9 KnightMiner

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:26 PM

Posted Image
I released version 1.2 for 1.7.10 and version 2.2 for 1.8.9 containing some new features and bug fixes for the smashing turtle

First off, there is the explosive turtle:
  • Crafted using TNT and a turtle.
  • The turtle can drop TNT from its inventory using bomb(), bombUp(), or bombDown()
    • The TNT will destroy the turtle if it is too close when the TNT blows up unless you use an advance turtle in 1.8.9
  • The turtle can self destruct using explode(), which will create an explosion slightly bigger than TNT that also works in mid air and underwater, though the turtle will be destroyed in the process.
  • All explosions caused by this turtle count as player kills
Secondly, there is the ranged turtle:
  • Crafted using a bow and a turtle.
  • Can fire arrows from its inventory using turtle.attack().
  • Arrows that kill mobs will count as player kills.
Lastly, the bug fixes:
  • Smashing turtles no longer delete the hammer when unequiping it using turtle.equipLeft() or turtle.equipRight() (1.7.10)
  • Smashing turtles now play a sound when breaking blocks
  • Smashing turtles no longer break liquids, instead ignoring them like air (1.8.9, will be in next 1.7.10 release)
  • Mobs will properly target the turtle after it attacks them (only creepers will do anything though)
All of the relevant bug fixes were also ported to a new bug fix update for 1.8 called 2.0.2, though it won't be receiving the new turtles as based on download numbers almost no one plays the 1.8 version of KnightPeripherals (most people use the 1.8.9 version)

Edited by KnightMiner, 13 February 2016 - 09:47 PM.

#10 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:56 PM

You say "count as player kills" which player do they attribute to?

Edited by Lupus590, 13 February 2016 - 09:56 PM.

#11 KnightMiner

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:30 AM

View PostLupus590, on 13 February 2016 - 09:56 PM, said:

You say "count as player kills" which player do they attribute to?
A fake player known as "KnightPeripherals". The main differences gameplay wise are experience is dropped and some mobs give additional drops, which was mainly done for consistency with the melee turtle and to make it a worthwhile alternative if you have a dispenser turtle.

#12 KnightMiner

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:42 AM

Posted Image

I just released KnightPeripherals version 1.3 for Minecraft 1.7.10 and 2.3 for Minecraft 1.8.9. Changelog below:
  • Added Mining Laser Turtle
    • Crafted using a mining laser upgrade and a turtle
    • Can mine blocks at a range using turtle.dig(), though the laser consumes fuel
    • Is designed for mining, though it will deal damage in the laser beam
  • Added Sensor Turtle
    • Crafted using a sensor upgrade and a turtle
    • Can detect the distance to the nearest block of entity using sonar(), sonarUp(), or sonarDown()
    • Can detect the density of a range of blocks using density(), densityUp(), and densityDown()
    • Density is the hardness squared, or 1,000,000 for unbreakable blocks
  • Added Crushing Turtle (1.7.10 only)
    • Crafted using an Ex Compressum hammer
    • Is the same as the Smashing Turtle, only it can do Ex Compressum hammer recipes when using turtle.dig() instead of normal ones
  • Clicking Turtles now have a slight delay when clicking
    • The current delay can be determined using getClickDelay() in case something needs to be clicked in a time sensitive fashion
  • Explosive Turtles now have a slight delay when self destructing
  • Smashing turtles no longer break liquid blocks (1.7.10, already fixed in 1.8.9)
For more information on any of the new turtles, see my Github Wiki

#13 KnightMiner

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:59 PM

Update: I just released 2.3.1 for 1.8.9 to fix an issue withsmashimg turtles not collecting entity drops

#14 HydroNitrogen

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:12 PM

Hello, this seems to be a nice mod! Thank you for creating it.

I have added this mod to my modpack: The Simple Computer Pack.

All credits will be given properly ;)

Have a nice day!

#15 Furious1964

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:17 AM

How do I make a turtle right click a machine with a wrench?

#16 KnightMiner

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 02:40 PM

Just simply put the wrench in the turtles selected slot, though it's worth noting many wrenches rely on click location with is not directly supported by the peripheral (I may add a feature for that in the future, but most likely not until the version for 1.9)

#17 Furious1964

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:24 PM

Do you have a turtle that can change the GUI settings of an IC2 Steam Boiler? Would like to automate it so that it's place and the mB per Tick is set to 1.

#18 KnightMiner

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:59 PM

GUIs are designed as a human interface, making a turtle be able to use GUIs dynamically would be next to impossible and quite impractical. Trying to do just the one GUI would make more sense to add a direct block implementation instead.

My question is what is in the GUI of a IC2 steam boiler that needs to constantly be changed? I assume the devs of that mod added an intended way to automate it without constantly clicking the GUI, as tech mods are generally used for automation, thus not being able to automate power gen does not make sense.

#19 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:24 AM

Most mods don't expect their blocks to be placed by anything other than a player.

#20 Furious1964

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 01:38 AM

Nope, the Steam Boiler is totally human operated only. It has two changeable settings in its GUI: Pressure and mB per Tick. Adjusting them is required to produce Super-Heated Steam from Distilled Water. Unfortunately, the settings return to zero when picked up and put back down. If the settings remain at zero, the device reaches critical heat build-up and explodes.

Edited by Furious1964, 09 July 2016 - 01:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users