Verinian Desktop Environment - Version 3.0.1

lua utility api

12 replies to this topic

Poll: New Version? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want me to make a new version?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:31 PM

EDIT: Link is now working!!

Welcome to the newest edition to Verinian Desktop Environment, bringing a more usable interface that is built around desktop based environments. The newest version is a complete redesign of the 2.3.0 version and has a lot of new features including a whole new interface and all new touch screen functions. The environment now incorporates an environment, with a start menu and sub menus for any other programs that are built by me. There is now add-on abilities and new apps and libraries folders.

- PLEASE READ -
The login system and the inbox has been taken down while I change the scripts to use the new ccsystems script as this script is more secure and immature users have been abusing the php scripts. I shall post on here and on my profile when it has been updated, I apologise for any problems this may have caused.

The program is just short of 432 KB (442,368 bytes), which may take more than a few seconds to download through ComputerCraft. The program installs a few folders under a main folder called /core/. There are 5 config files created on startup and two games installed.

Download:
Spoiler

Programs List:
Spoiler

Screenshots:
Spoiler

FEATURES / UPDATES LOG:
Spoiler

FUTURE UPDATES LIST:
Spoiler

Extra Info:

ADDED NEW IMAGES WITH PROGRAM SCREENSHOTS AND THE SHA256 HASHING ALGORITHM IN EFFECT!

Any ideas please tell me so I can add them :D Thanks!

NOTICE:
Please don't slate it because it's not the best OS out there, that's because it has been a few days and I needed a release so people can find bugs for me and help me out.

Also Note: External programs (if they error) will be nothing to do with the OS, and the bug needs to be submitted to the creator... NOT ME.

Thanks to some of my friends who tested it out before I released it, and thank you to: darkrising as his programs inspired me from day 1 of using ComputerCraft, so In my API there are a few functions I used from his API in the OS, as they are extremely useful!

Thanks!

Edited by DannySMc, 01 March 2015 - 07:46 PM.

#2 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:18 PM

Your pastebin: http://pastebin.com/9dwvwFFL

What I get:
This paste has been removed!

#3 Saldor010

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe United States

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:44 PM

View PostKingofGamesYami, on 05 November 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

What I get:

He probably forgot to set the auto-delete time to "Never".

#4 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:52 PM

View PostJiloacom, on 05 November 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

View PostKingofGamesYami, on 05 November 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

What I get:

He probably forgot to set the auto-delete time to "Never".

No it seems, to have been removed? :S I am not quite sure why? I will repost it when I have a chance! Sorry!

#5 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:09 PM

EDIT: The link has been removed for some unknown cause, not sure why? I will be re-uploading it to my website as well and will create a quick installer, as this will stop it from getting deleted. Again, if you have any ideas or new programs to add to it, tell meee!! As I am keen to expand this environment as much as humanly possible, as I want it to be useful.

#6 Geforce Fan

• Members
  • 846 posts
  • LocationMissouri, United States, America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe 42B, Life Street, Multiverse, 4th Dimension

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:27 PM

On registering, I get:
vde.lua:1409: attempt to index ? (a nil value)
I'm using cc in actual minecraft (version 1.6.3)

#7 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:22 PM

View PostGeforce Fan, on 26 March 2015 - 09:27 PM, said:

On registering, I get:
vde.lua:1409: attempt to index ? (a nil value)
I'm using cc in actual minecraft (version 1.6.3)

That is because no one uses this anymore and the PHP file that was used for the login has been moved and updated so it doesn't exist anymore, just go into the code and change it if you want? You should be able to get it working. Sorry if you do get it working and you like it, I can update it so it logs in properly?

#8 CaosTECH

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationIn your closet

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:08 PM

Whenever I register or try registering it says unknown login,
I would really like to try it out but it requires me to register or login but whenever I try registering it doesn't let me

#9 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:23 PM

View PostArchTyler, on 07 October 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

Whenever I register or try registering it says unknown login, I would really like to try it out but it requires me to register or login but whenever I try registering it doesn't let me

Yeah apologies for that, it is because the OS, was made nearly a 11 months ago, and the old login script is dead and gone, as well I do not know if it works on the new version of CC either. If you are willing to wait, I am working on a new desktop environment, that is nicer and has better features etc. Or if you REALLY want to use this I can recode the login scripts?

#10 CaosTECH

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationIn your closet

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

I will let you finish ur new OS, cant wait :)

Edited by ArchTyler, 08 October 2015 - 04:10 PM.

#11 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:32 PM

View PostArchTyler, on 08 October 2015 - 04:09 PM, said:

I will let you finish ur new OS, cant wait :)/>/>

Awesome! :D/> Nice of you to be interested :P/>, you can be my beta tester if you want? Normally I just throw it onto my Minecraft Server and let the players look at it :P/> If you want to join a server come to ours :D (the link is in my footer: ShinexusUK Server).

Edited by DannySMc, 08 October 2015 - 04:33 PM.

#12 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:18 PM

I've cleaned up some posts that were bringing back the "what is/qualifies as an OS" debate. That whole topic is so tired and played-out, and opinions on both sides are unreasonably strong. It's waaay too easy for the topic to turn into a flame war like it usually does. Discuss it via PM, or better yet, entirely elsewhere, if you really must.

#13 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:07 AM

After many questions etc etc, I have removed the login function, as on testing it still works without the login, and the system was never built to work with the new database API... So for now you can you use it just without any login. Just redownload from the above pastebin url.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users