[MC 1.7.10][CC 1.75] Peripherals++ v1.3.6, MiscPeripherals reimagined! Includes speakers and pocket computer upgrades!

peripheral java

224 replies to this topic

#21 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:45 PM

View Postacces denied, on 17 November 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

-snip-
It's not hard to do it with ComputerCraft, example.

Sender
rednet.open('left')
local state = rs.getInput('right')
rednet.send(1, state)

Receiver
rednet.open('left')
local state = rednet.receive()
rs.setOutput('right', state)

#22 acces denied

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:42 PM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 17 November 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:

-snip-

Ok, Think larger. How much Computers? 20? 30? Everyone make ticks, every time. And additionally: It is to expensive. For just a procedure what can do 1 Computer... well played.

Anyway this is going long enough. It is not the Thread: "discuss how useful a stupid idea is, thread"... it is austinv11's thread.

btw: I won't response to the next answer which is about this topic, but I will continue this discussion per PM, if someone want.

Edited by acces denied, 18 November 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#23 grand_mind1

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:30 PM

I agree, we should stay on topic.
Love the peripherals, austin! :D

#24 austinv11

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:16 PM

Quick status update, the "thing" I've been working on is a bit harder to do than expected, but it's coming along nicely. I hope to have it done soontm. If you wanna ruin the surprise and find out what I'm working on, feel free to check my Github ;)

#25 austinv11

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:37 PM

Teasers ahoy! http://puu.sh/d90NL/5cd1566b0a.png

#26 Piratdu52

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:24 PM

Why not add a "teleporterName" in your TeleporterApi with the name of the item (possibly renamed by an anvil) when you get the list of teleporters available ?

#27 austinv11

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:43 PM

View PostPiratdu52, on 30 November 2014 - 10:24 PM, said:

Why not add a "teleporterName" in your TeleporterApi with the name of the item (possibly renamed by an anvil) when you get the list of teleporters available ?
I like the idea! Added to the todo list for the next release :)

#28 jacob4408

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:23 AM

The link to the wiki doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm looking for documentation on the player sensor block, specifically the getNearbyPlayers method. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

#29 wieselkatze

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:48 PM

Hey,

I definitely like this - good job!
Though I have one question: I use the current version (1.1.2) and am wondering why there is a duplicate method for the Environment Scanner.
So there is p.getTemp() and p.getTemperature() which will both return "WARM" - I'm in a desert, that makes sense.
Why not just one? :P

~wieselkatze

#30 austinv11

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:59 AM

View Postjacob4408, on 05 December 2014 - 05:23 AM, said:

The link to the wiki doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm looking for documentation on the player sensor block, specifically the getNearbyPlayers method. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Yeah, sorry about that. I'm currently trying to resolve this issue, but here's what you should know about that function:
It'll return a table, the table will contain a bunch of other tables, each of those tables then have the keys "player" (which contains the player's username) and "distance" (which is how far away they are from the block)

View Postwieselkatze, on 05 December 2014 - 11:48 PM, said:

Hey,

I definitely like this - good job!
Though I have one question: I use the current version (1.1.2) and am wondering why there is a duplicate method for the Environment Scanner.
So there is p.getTemp() and p.getTemperature() which will both return "WARM" - I'm in a desert, that makes sense.
Why not just one? :P

~wieselkatze
It's just an alias for convenience :P

#31 austinv11

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:16 AM

A few announcements. I am currently in the process of migrating the Peripherals++ wiki to my Github repo, which can be accessed from here: https://github.com/a...lsPlusPlus/wiki . And I now have a Jenkins CI server! Meaning you could now grab dev versions of my mod with bleeding edge features here: http://167.114.66.98.../Peripherals++/

#32 austinv11

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:51 AM

I have officially migrated my wiki to a Github Wiki, check the OP or the above post for the link.

Edited by austinv11, 14 December 2014 - 03:51 AM.

#33 CodingWithClass

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:41 PM

I'm no graphics designer (this is my first ever logo :P), but I just made a quick logo to replace

[*Insert Cool Logo Here*]

Posted Image

Edited by CodingWithClass, 22 December 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#34 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:45 PM

View Postaustinv11, on 06 November 2014 - 03:11 AM, said:

[*Insert Cool Logo Here*]
here is my attempt.

#35 austinv11

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

Thanks guys! Both of your logos look sweet. Just a quick progress update while I'm posting, I am hoping to have a release soon(-ish), just need to add one or two more peripherals and finish up my experimental satellite system :). Progress has slowed down quite a bit because Eve Online, but I'm still working on the update.

Edited by austinv11, 26 December 2014 - 05:01 PM.

#36 mybigfriendjo

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:13 AM

I know you probably are investing more time into code than the docs at the moment. Not that there is anything wrong with that ;)
But would you mind adding some code samples to the wiki pages? Nothing fancy - just basic functionality.

Reason why i'm asking is i'm having trouble with the player sensor and just want to make sure that the problem is not wrong usage.
Thanks in advance and keep it up :)

#37 austinv11

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:22 PM

View Postmybigfriendjo, on 28 December 2014 - 03:13 AM, said:

I know you probably are investing more time into code than the docs at the moment. Not that there is anything wrong with that ;)
But would you mind adding some code samples to the wiki pages? Nothing fancy - just basic functionality.

Reason why i'm asking is i'm having trouble with the player sensor and just want to make sure that the problem is not wrong usage.
Thanks in advance and keep it up :)
I would, but I'm planning to add sample programs which automagically get installed onto a computer when attached to one of my peripherals. In the mean time, I could take a look at your issue if you want :).

#38 mybigfriendjo

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:49 AM

That would certainly be much appreciated.

What i want to do is to open a door when i'm near. For that i have tried something like this:

local sensor = peripheral.wrap("left")
while true do
local allPlayers = sensor.getNearbyPlayers(5)
local foundPlayer = false

for key, var in pairs(allPlayers) do
  if var[player] == "playername" then
   foundPlayer = true
  end
end

print("Found Player:"..tostring(foundPlayer))
redstone.setOutput("right", foundPlayer)

sleep(1)
end

But all i get is "Found Player: false" even when i'm standing right atop of the sensor (i also tried it without the range parameter - still didn't give me a result)
Yes i input my real ign not "playername" - thats just a generic placeholder.
If someone can point out my error i would be very thankful.

#39 mybigfriendjo

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:02 AM

I'm just plain dumb. Figured it out. I forgot the quotation marks when accessing the content of 'var':

for key, var in pairs(allPlayers) do
  if var['player'] == "playername" then
   foundPlayer = true
  end
end

var['player'] works, var[player] does not - lua just didn't throw an error at this line.

Thanks

#40 austinv11

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:42 PM

View Postmybigfriendjo, on 29 December 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

-snip-
Glad you figured it out :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users