[MC 1.7.10][CC 1.75] Peripherals++ v1.3.6, MiscPeripherals reimagined! Includes speakers and pocket computer upgrades!

peripheral java

224 replies to this topic

#41 austinv11

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:21 PM

In the next update, programs will get included with the mod! If you wish to submit a program, please follow the guidelines which I linked to in the OP.

#42 mrgreaper

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:57 PM

will be adding this to my unlisted public feed the beast pack on the next update

Was most sad to see the original go as i loved the speech synth that was in it. I tried to make my own and even did a tutorial on how to add speech synth to minecraft (http://www.minecraft..._a_speech_Synth) but i just wasnt good enough to get it synced on servers etc (never could get my darn head around packets lol) very glad to see it already done!

now to intergrate this with the various lantea craft gate dialing programs i use " chevlon one encoded .....chevlon two encoded"

you have made my night!

#43 austinv11

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:43 AM

View Postmrgreaper, on 31 December 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:

-snip-
Glad to see you enjoy my mod! I'll see what I can do regarding the speech peripheral.

#44 mrgreaper

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:33 AM

View Postaustinv11, on 01 January 2015 - 01:43 AM, said:

View Postmrgreaper, on 31 December 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:

-snip-
Glad to see you enjoy my mod! I'll see what I can do regarding the speech peripheral.
ah havent had a chance to try it yet (still working on the update to my mod pack) i actually thought the chatterbox was the speechsynth peripheral.

with luck you will be able to do what i could not :)
I wrote (and recorded) the tutorial i linked to but there was issues with the speech synth,
1) while it spoke other minecraft threads on the client froze, ie all animations stopped untill the phrase finished. i got around that by using another thread but my java knowledge was and is too low to know how to make that work right :(
2) i could not figure out how to get a computer talking to be heard by all players in range, i did try to use the same code as the area effect of the becon and that seemed to work well in my tests some of the time.

The advantages of the librarys i used in the tutorial :
they will work for any OS as thier java (so not windows only like richardg had done)
they sound more computer synthed (ok some would say thats a negative but i really think it fits the style better plus "would you like to play a game?" :) )
they can have the pitch and shift altered so can sound different

I wish you luck chap, and if my tutorial is even remotly useful then it will be awesome to know it helped :)

#45 austinv11

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:01 PM

View Postmrgreaper, on 01 January 2015 - 02:33 AM, said:

-snip-
Threads can be sort of sketchy if incorrectly done, so I may try MaryTTS and see how that works out.

#46 mrgreaper

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:51 PM

View Postaustinv11, on 01 January 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

View Postmrgreaper, on 01 January 2015 - 02:33 AM, said:

-snip-
Threads can be sort of sketchy if incorrectly done, so I may try MaryTTS and see how that works out.

cool, yeah my java knowledge just was not good enough for the task :( (in fact i was told by lex(a high up in the forge team) that my knowledge was bad i should stop for the good of the community, when i asked about syncing data via packets...that was the last time i modded lol)

#47 austinv11

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

You'll be glad to know that I've completed it! It utilizes Google Translate's tts api since MaryTTS is somehow broken by forge and FreeTTS has a sort of bad sound quality. Here is the documentation for it: https://github.com/a...us/wiki/Speaker And I will be officially releasing a beta (which includes the speaker later today, so stay tuned!

#48 austinv11

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:22 PM

Initial beta release of 1.2.0 posted! Please report any and all bugs you find. A full release should come after I complete the rocket and satellite system I have planned ;). I also now have a project page on CurseForge, there is now a link in the OP which always leads to the download for the latest version (on CurseForge).

Edited by austinv11, 02 January 2015 - 10:24 PM.

#49 iAd4m

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:06 PM

When I try to launch the rocket it says I cannot launch it, I cant seem to find any oxodizer, I tried redstone and glowstone.

#50 austinv11

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:09 AM

View PostiAd4m, on 02 January 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

When I try to launch the rocket it says I cannot launch it, I cant seem to find any oxodizer, I tried redstone and glowstone.
The rocket is still very experimental, I'd recommend that no one uses it. But if you must, the oxidizer is gun powder.

#51 mrgreaper

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:59 AM

View Postaustinv11, on 02 January 2015 - 05:30 PM, said:

You'll be glad to know that I've completed it! It utilizes Google Translate's tts api since MaryTTS is somehow broken by forge and FreeTTS has a sort of bad sound quality. Here is the documentation for it: https://github.com/a...us/wiki/Speaker And I will be officially releasing a beta (which includes the speaker later today, so stay tuned!

that was one of the charms of the freetts (and the ability to change the tone lol)
have updated my server though, now just got to figure out how to use the speakers (been ages since i used peripherals)

i tried
a = peripheral.wrap("bottom")
a.speak("hello world",10,"English")

at the lua prompt and got "java exception thrown"

any ideas?

edit 2

ok tried the same in singleplayer but using "en" as language and it printed out the hello world and then under that en...but no speech. tried it again on the server and again java exception thrown...nothing in the log though.

Edited by mrgreaper, 03 January 2015 - 02:41 AM.

#52 austinv11

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:27 AM

View Postmrgreaper, on 03 January 2015 - 01:59 AM, said:

-snip-

Are you using 1.2.0beta2?

#53 mrgreaper

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:28 AM

View Postaustinv11, on 03 January 2015 - 03:27 AM, said:

View Postmrgreaper, on 03 January 2015 - 01:59 AM, said:

-snip-

Are you using 1.2.0beta2?
yes

im just eating at mo but ill record the error and more details after and link the video here...may help more then "its not working" :)

Edited by mrgreaper, 03 January 2015 - 03:48 AM.

#54 mrgreaper

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:47 AM

as promised the bug video

https://www.youtube....h?v=Klfuyzrko24

Edited by mrgreaper, 03 January 2015 - 04:49 AM.

#55 Andrey

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:21 AM

Hi all, please add a Iron note block from miscperipherals.
And more, why speaker not work ?
How use program "speak" ?

#56 austinv11

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

View Postmrgreaper, on 03 January 2015 - 04:47 AM, said:

-snip-
Hm, that's really strange, I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the detailed bug report! Also, I've made it so that you should be able to use words like "english" as well as prefixes like "en" as a language

Update: Upon further investigation, there seems to be an issue with the audio library I'm using.

Edited by austinv11, 03 January 2015 - 03:57 PM.

#57 austinv11

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:29 PM

Uploaded beta3, fixes the issues with the speaker

View PostAndrey, on 03 January 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

Hi all, please add a Iron note block from miscperipherals.
And more, why speaker not work ?
How use program "speak" ?
The iron note block is planned, the speaker is fixed, to use the packaged program, "speak" you just run it with whatever you want it to say as the arguments.

#58 mrgreaper

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:19 PM

View Postaustinv11, on 03 January 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

View Postmrgreaper, on 03 January 2015 - 04:47 AM, said:

-snip-
Hm, that's really strange, I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the detailed bug report! Also, I've made it so that you should be able to use words like "english" as well as prefixes like "en" as a language

Update: Upon further investigation, there seems to be an issue with the audio library I'm using.

cool ill update to beta 3 when i get home from work and give it a whirl :) (have you tested it on a server?)

#59 Andrey

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:16 AM

Do you can do a "Command reader" ?
For example:
---------------------
a=peripheral.wrap("left")
while true do
---
event, command = os.pullEvent("command")
if command == "/open door" then
rs.setOutput("right",true)
end
---
end
---------------------
You can add this event in "chat box".
--
Thanks in advance

#60 mrgreaper

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:23 PM

working great in single player (though sounds rather too human lol) but same error as in the video on a server

more details about the server:
it is a proffessionly hosted server so likely on a linux system.

This is pretty much same problem i had with my attempt, you need the server to send a packet out to the clients in range to say "hay you..yes you, run this via text to speech "phrase" " im guessing like me you have the server doing the library calling, which works great in single player as thats server+client. i could never really get my head around packets (doesnt help that theres about a million different tutorials each one different and most if not all too old)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users