1022 replies to this topic

#1 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:28 PM

NexCore V3 is FINALLY here!

Really!?

That’s right folks! We have done the final little bit of messing around and beta testing. The server is OFFICIALLY ready!

Jam packed with mods and plugins, the world is yours waiting to be explored! Forge alliances, get filthy rich with essentials-Economy, by setting up shops...The world is yours to explore!

Secrets?

Indeed! There are quite a few added in including The rare spawn beacon display, The all mysterious house of hugeblank, and clickable signs that give special little treats to those that are daring enough to hunt them down!

All of these are included, and more are on their way!

Announcement:
Just a congratulations to everyone who stayed with the server! It's been great having people come on and off it and thank you to all the people who stayed with it, the server has now been running for over 2 years publicly and another year privately. Our names have been from: Summotion, ShinexusUK, and NexCore; as well as connected to Acora, EchoCraft and more; so again - thank you!

Messages from the Staff:
Spoiler

Installation:
Spoiler

Mod list:
Spoiler

Plugins:
Spoiler

Minimum Requirements (This isn’t fully necessary, but is needed for the best experience):
Spoiler

Have a question, comment, concern, or bug? Contact us!
Nexcore.dannysmc.com (Site is in beta)
#nexcore on IRC
Nexcore on Discord <--Best place to contact us (For now)

Extra Information

Server Warning System:
Spoiler

Server Game Rules:
+ Command Block Output: False,
+ Fire Spread: False,
+ Keep Inventory: True,
+ Mob Griefing: False,

Server Rules:
Spoiler

All Mod Licenses:
Spoiler

Edited by Bomb Bloke, 28 February 2017 - 09:09 PM.

#2 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:52 PM

You will probably want to provide a config file that people can download. Although it is not common; config could be different between the server and player.

#3 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:11 PM

Indeed, but the server uses internal game rules therefore you do not need to, as well as you don't need to worry about mod configs as they are server side and will override the players config, which means my config for computercraft has modem range of 999999999999999999999 but on a client it might be 64... The server will override it!

#4 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:12 PM

Server overrides stuff like that, but it does not for things like block ids, which are defined in the config. I know in previous versions at least that if these ids, which were defined in the config, are different between client and server the player will be unable to connect. It is always better to provide config, than to wait until someone complains that they can not connect. This is coming from someone else who manages a server, not just a random person who has no experience with this.

#5 Cycomantis

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:18 PM

Umm block id's dont exist in 1.7.10 and thus are not in the config files so there should be no such conflict.

#6 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:35 PM

View Postvalithor, on 11 November 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

Server overrides stuff like that, but it does not for things like block ids, which are defined in the config. I know in previous versions at least that if these ids, which were defined in the config, are different between client and server the player will be unable to connect. It is always better to provide config, than to wait until someone complains that they can not connect. This is coming from someone else who manages a server, not just a random person who has no experience with this.

Above is correct, but also, I haven't touched any of the black data? So no need to worry!

#7 carter9510

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:55 PM

Ok so i guess i can't use the personal messenger so if you would be kind enough to except this instead! IGN: carter9510

#8 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:17 AM

View Postcarter9510, on 12 November 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

Ok so i guess i can't use the personal messenger
you will be able to use the personal messenger once you are promoted from the 'New Members' group

#9 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:39 AM

View Postcarter9510, on 12 November 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

Ok so i guess i can't use the personal messenger so if you would be kind enough to except this instead! IGN: carter9510
Ahh you want to join then? or?
If so the server address is up there and so are the mods, so just install the mods and get on :)
Forge version is: 1.7.10 - 10.13.2.1231

and then go and build a house, we are playing in survival! Just build a house, try and find a stargate or build one close (when you have the materials) so we can get to you and you can get to us... :D

#10 Phantomized

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:05 PM

Hi, I'm really good at ComputerCraft, and I would like to join this server. Most CC servers just have griefing all over the terrain, this sounds like one that doesn't. :D

IGN: ElementalKAOS

#11 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:50 PM

View PostPhantomized, on 15 November 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

Hi, I'm really good at ComputerCraft, and I would like to join this server. Most CC servers just have griefing all over the terrain, this sounds like one that doesn't. :D

IGN: ElementalKAOS

Yeah saw you on the server log, yeah we have a few people on and off the server and quite a few houses hidden around, so just stay on and build a house and I am sure someone will come on, we have the server on 24/7 other than when it restarts for backup at midnight then is back on! Yes we don't tolerate it, you file c complaint as a PM to me and we shall check the log and if needed ban them! :D Anyway have fun!

#12 _removed

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:08 PM

Why isn't there any people here? I expect this to be MASSIVE!

#13 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:30 PM

View Postsmigger22, on 21 January 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

Why isn't there any people here? I expect this to be MASSIVE!

Don't know get people on? XD The more players the bigger I shall make the server, well to an extent, then I may need a new source for funding... xD

#14 cdel

• Banned
  • 496 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:04 PM

Just a small update: Lua Land is now going to help out ShinexusUK regarding traffic and such, if all goes well, we will acomplish this by linking our servers through the use of the mod qCraft.

#15 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:35 PM

View Postcdel, on 13 February 2015 - 11:04 PM, said:

Just a small update: Lua Land is now going to help out ShinexusUK regarding traffic and such, if all goes well, we will acomplish this by linking our servers through the use of the mod qCraft.

Indeed, and I thank you very much! :D

#16 _removed

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:39 PM

Quick Notice: I have advertised the server on my website and will try to get as many people on as possible.

#17 dueckers5

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:11 AM

Hey danny i have a suggestion! Why not use MCPC+??? It allows you to have bukkit plugins and Mods at the same time! If you need the file for it i can help. I Have a buddy who works for a Server hosting company who can get me the file for you :)

#18 SpencerBeige

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:25 AM

can i join?

edit: about to join right now. is it alright if i build gogel there?

Edited by slow-coder, 04 March 2015 - 12:27 AM.

#19 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:13 AM

View Postslow-coder, on 04 March 2015 - 12:25 AM, said:

can i join?

edit: about to join right now. is it alright if i build gogel there?

I haven't been on it for a while, but build what you want :D

View Postdueckers5, on 04 March 2015 - 12:11 AM, said:

Hey danny i have a suggestion! Why not use MCPC+??? It allows you to have bukkit plugins and Mods at the same time! If you need the file for it i can help. I Have a buddy who works for a Server hosting company who can get me the file for you :)

Will have a look, might move to cauldron instead not sure...

#20 _removed

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:10 PM

Kinda neglected this server for a while, gonna try my best to pop on if I'm not on LuaLand :P

EDIT: Only noticed a server reset. Why?

EDIT 2: Is there a rank that gets world edit?

Edited by smigger22, 09 March 2015 - 08:19 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users