Hotchilli Bank

21 replies to this topic

#1 hotchilli

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

This is my first map and ComputerCraft project. It is a system which controls a virtual currency. Over time more features will be added. So far I have the framework for contact between the server and clients and checking the balance. Users have to be manually added and so do credit cards. Hopefully i can make a system for automatically making those in the next update.
In the map there is a bank building, a chest with the client program on a floppy disk, computers for bank staff, a server and queue server.

On my website there is information, pictures and the download. Be sure to leave a comment in the next update section.

Posted Image

#2 ByteMe

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:24 AM

Its a good start, I wouldn't call it a bank just yet because you need a withdraw and deposit feature, we might use a modified version at some point.

#3 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:52 AM

Moved to Media.

#4 hotchilli

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:11 PM

View PostByteMe, on 19 December 2014 - 12:24 AM, said:

Its a good start, I wouldn't call it a bank just yet because you need a withdraw and deposit feature, we might use a modified version at some point.

Thanks, I will add more features when I get enough time. It's simple enough once you understand how the server and client communicate.

#5 hotchilli

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:09 PM

New Update!

I have now released a version with:
- Removed Server Room Door Lock
* Updated Installer: Deleting previous client files.
+ Deposit Feature: Not yet tested.

#6 Kenzo

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:23 AM

do you want to work together i can host a server?

#7 Cozzimoto

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationDallas, Tx

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:50 AM

A computercraft currency system is nice, but what is the main use? if i were to use a banking system of some kind in a modded minecraft server, i would want to implement a market of some kind so minecraftians can be able to make buy orders and sell orders for items in game. kind of like a user driven marketplace.

#8 hotchilli

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:30 PM

View PostCozzimoto, on 26 December 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

A computercraft currency system is nice, but what is the main use? if i were to use a banking system of some kind in a modded minecraft server, i would want to implement a market of some kind so minecraftians can be able to make buy orders and sell orders for items in game. kind of like a user driven marketplace.

I do understand what you mean, I need a main purpose for this. I think after I get the main bank working properly I will start work on something that shops could use.
Thanks a lot for your feedback and opinions.

View PostKenzo, on 26 December 2014 - 01:23 AM, said:

No problem, I can host a server. If you want us to work together please let me know when you can help.
Thanks.

#9 Kenzo

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:57 AM

View Posthotchilli, on 27 December 2014 - 11:30 PM, said:

I do understand what you mean, I need a main purpose for this. I think after I get the main bank working properly I will start work on something that shops could use.

No problem, I can host a server. If you want us to work together please let me know when you can help.
Thanks.

i can help anytime add me on skype : Kidkeenan

#10 Cozzimoto

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationDallas, Tx

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:11 PM

~snip

well keep me posted on whats going on, as this has interest in me. also let me know if you want any help, ive been working on a market system myself but stopped because lack of motivation, and distractions (aka minecraft)

-Cozzimoto

#11 Kenzo

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostCozzimoto, on 28 December 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

~snip

well keep me posted on whats going on, as this has interest in me. also let me know if you want any help, ive been working on a market system myself but stopped because lack of motivation, and distractions (aka minecraft)

-Cozzimoto

i have the same problem

#12 hotchilli

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:05 PM

View PostKenzo, on 28 December 2014 - 01:57 AM, said:

Thanks.

I don't think I will add you to skype just yet, but I will keep this topic posted. I will also let you know when the server is up and running.
PS. What timezone are you in?

~snip

-Cozzimoto

Will do. Thanks.

#13 hotchilli

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:19 PM

Also, has anyone experienced any errors? Any at all?

#14 Kenzo

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:33 AM

View Posthotchilli, on 29 December 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

View PostKenzo, on 28 December 2014 - 01:57 AM, said:

Thanks.

I don't think I will add you to skype just yet, but I will keep this topic posted. I will also let you know when the server is up and running.
PS. What timezone are you in?

~snip

-Cozzimoto

Will do. Thanks.

im in (UTC) timezone

im pretty sure ive done making a fully functioning bank, im just working on gui's and a credit card system for shop usage, im also 99% sure that its unhackable and the only way to hack is if you have access to the bank server which i like the idea of

#15 Cozzimoto

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationDallas, Tx

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:45 AM

View PostKenzo, on 30 December 2014 - 12:33 AM, said:

~snip

well when you are finished you can definitely open a server up to some people to try and hack it to see if it is really difficult to hack your system.
you wont really know unless you try, and you will know the best know threats when you find them if someone happens to find a way to get in.

i am thinking the best way of tracking all interactions with the server that holds accounts and does transactions, is have your server make a log file of every action it takes. i am simply making a suggestions so it might be easier to notice a hack on your system

#16 Kenzo

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:46 AM

View PostCozzimoto, on 30 December 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

View PostKenzo, on 30 December 2014 - 12:33 AM, said:

~snip

well when you are finished you can definitely open a server up to some people to try and hack it to see if it is really difficult to hack your system.
you wont really know unless you try, and you will know the best know threats when you find them if someone happens to find a way to get in.

i am thinking the best way of tracking all interactions with the server that holds accounts and does transactions, is have your server make a log file of every action it takes. i am simply making a suggestions so it might be easier to notice a hack on your system

The main server only accepts transactions or any other actions from registered computers, computers can be registered by someone who owns the bank and this is pretty easy to do, i thought this was a good idea so shop owners actually have to go set up a shop with the bank. Im thinking of making a program for pocket computers to make it easier for the bank owners.

i know of a few ways to hack it but even them ways are pretty hard to do and the most they could do with it is hack an individual account and not every account,

Edited by Kenzo, 31 December 2014 - 12:49 AM.

#17 hotchilli

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:12 PM

Has anyone experienced any errors yet? If you have please let me know.

#18 hotchilli

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

Again, has anyone had any errors?
I haven't finished the new update yet

#19 Kenzo

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:23 PM

ive gone back to working on my bank, and after looking over the design i was think that have a pocket computer for a bank card would be better. It would save alot of time and it would be portable, the only problem that i could think of is if someone kills you then they can take all your money. But i kind of like the idea of that, it would make people think more safely and leave it back at their house. Opinions?

#20 hotchilli

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostKenzo, on 31 January 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

ive gone back to working on my bank, and after looking over the design i was think that have a pocket computer for a bank card would be better. It would save alot of time and it would be portable, the only problem that i could think of is if someone kills you then they can take all your money. But i kind of like the idea of that, it would make people think more safely and leave it back at their house. Opinions?

Maybe that would be a good idea, you could have a pin number to input every time you open it, if that's even possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users