MiniatureCraft 2.x Alpha Edition

game

368 replies to this topic

#361 Jummit

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationJulfander Squad Studio

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

Ok! Wow, i didn't think of getting a response here! I used an emulator, but is there any code difference? I started it in a real MC world (1.10.2) with unborked and it installes the game, but if i start /MC/mc it does nothing. Is there a log file?

PS: I a game like this in development: terrariCCa!

Edited by Jummit, 05 August 2017 - 07:08 PM.

#362 CLNinja

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:07 PM

View PostJummit, on 05 August 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

Ok! Wow, i didn't think of getting a response here! I used an emulator, but is there any code difference? I started it in a real MC world (1.10.2) with unborked and it installes the game, but if i start /MC/mc it does nothing. Is there a log file?

I'd reccomend not advertising competitors on someone elses program.

#363 Antelux

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle of nowhere.

Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:40 AM

While I'm definitely not as active as I used to be, this place definitely keeps a hold on me, so I check the forums frequently. :D ( Oh whoops, unintentional rhyme. Oh well.)
But yeah, sometimes emulators aren't 100% accurate to the real thing, unfortunately.
The log file should be called 'errorlog' in the same folder as the game (which in this case is MC).
I'll check out this behavior in a bit myself and see what happens.

View PostCLNinja, on 05 August 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

Well, it depends, but l don't take any offense either way. :)
I like to think of it as friendly competition. Can really motivate people to make something great if done right.

Edited by Detective_Smith, 06 August 2017 - 01:42 AM.

#364 Jummit

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationJulfander Squad Studio

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:21 AM

Oh. I didn't meant it like that. Competition? You're game is thousand times better than mines... :lol:

#365 CLNinja

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:52 PM

View PostJummit, on 06 August 2017 - 05:21 AM, said:

Oh. I didn't meant it like that. Competition? You're game is thousand times better than mines... :lol:

Doesn't mean you should advertise on someone elses post.

#366 Antelux

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

So it looks like one of the game's API's wasn't getting access to the shell API.
A quick and dirty hack can be done like so:

1. Open the "mc" file through edit.
2. Move the multi-line comment down a line.
3. On the new, empty line, write "_G.shell = shell" (minus the quotes, of course).

And that fixes it for me. Though, unless you actually want to play survival in the game, I'd recommend the alpha version instead.
While it doesn't let you save, the game is a lot smoother and you can freely build. The world is also infinite there. :)

#367 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:26 AM

APIs aren't supposed to have access to the shell table. The real fix would be to remove the unnecessary usage of shell functions from the API (usually the right fix, especially for shell.run), or for the caller to provide its shell table as an argument to any functions that need to use it, so that those functions will use the correct shell context.

#368 Antelux

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:55 AM

View PostDetective_Smith, on 06 August 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

A quick and dirty hack

=P

In all seriousness, it's been a while since I've looked at ComputerCraft and it's APIs. I wouldn't know if there is a suitable replacement.
Essentially, all that line does is get the location of where the game is running. Perhaps I'll get around to doing the latter of what you've said, but as of now, I'm working on other projects. :)

#369 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:07 PM

The 1.80 development builds offer "require", which is probably what you were wanting to use from the get-go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users