CCU/2/3 Final Comments

6 replies to this topic

#1 Tripy998

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationIn Front of Computer

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:17 PM

Ok. Let me make this clear and to the point. I've been getting PM after PM after PM asking if CCU2/3 is dead. Yes, in fact CCU, the idea, is almost impossible in the first place. The Idea of a School on the internet, where people living in different timezones can join and attend LIVE classes with teachers who are also in different timezones, is a very cool idea, but, it's not possible. To be able to cover every timezone so that anyone could attend a class at a decent time, would require have a teacher for every class, in every time zone.

FAQ

Q: CCU2 lasted longer than CCU3.
A: Wrong, CCU2 lasted for 3-4 weeks after opening.
CCU3 on the other hand lasted for 10-12 weeks after opening it's doors to students.

Q: You don't have the right to name it CCU2! You don't own CCU!
A: You are correct, Cranium owns it. But, I did get permission to call it CCU2.

Q: Can I start my own CCU?
A: My personal answer would be "Go right ahead! :D" But, I would also advice reading the comments in our CCU/2/3 Topics so that you can learn from out mistakes and develop a better CC Education system! :D

Q: Why did you just make a post about this in General? Why?
A: Because I don't appreciate getting spammed with these questions.

Q: Will CCU ever come back?
A: Probably not. But I did hear a few rumors that someone is working on a system that does not require teachers and is completely autonomous.

Q: What are you planning to do next?
A: I was thinking of starting a server dedicated to being my MC Company's HQ and I was also thinking of getting few workers and making a few cool new products. But then again, just an Idea.

Thank you for reading this, If I did not already answer any of your questions, please feel free to PM me, and Ill answer them!

Now I want to list all of CCU2/3 veteran teachers and staff.

Big Thanks to all of you for making my dream of resurrecting CCU Come true!

• Hikkler
  • Willwac
  • eliasrg
  • mklegoman
  • Zambonie (PAT)
  • MK234? (I can't remeber)
  • Mackan
  • Keehl
  • imgoodisher
  • Assossa
  • Walia
  • Coolguy6099 (Original Host of CCU2)
  • Adam (Founder of CCU3)
  • Turtle
  • HuskyMudkip (He applied for teacher)
  • Blackben (also applied)
  • Dano
  • Carrots
  • Cookie
  • 43 Bottles of MTN Dew
  • 10 Cans of Monster Energy
  • And 5 Months of construction

If I missed anyone PM me. I love all of you guys! You helped me and pulled all nighters to make CCU2 and CCU3 a reality!

This is Captain Tripy, Captain of the USS CCU2 and Crew Member of USS CCU3, Signing off.

#2 cdel

• Banned
  • 496 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:30 AM

I think the idea of Autonomous teaching is quite awesome, but it doesn't give anything close to the feel of a real teacher.

#3 Tripy998

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:50 PM

View Postcdel, on 28 December 2014 - 02:30 AM, said:

I think the idea of Autonomous teaching is quite awesome, but it doesn't give anything close to the feel of a real teacher.

I agree completely :P

#4 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:01 PM

I my opinion, this thread should be sticky, we have had too many CCU (and related projects). Unless the proposed Uni can be entirely self sufficient (read: computers as teachers) it may as well be doomed to fail. This looks like it has a chance though, teaching through a website sounds like it will work.

Edited by Lupus590, 22 May 2015 - 02:50 PM.

#5 Tripy998

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:28 PM

I agree completely on this, that's mostly the reason I did not just jump on the boat to help with that system XD

#6 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:52 PM

View PostTripy998, on 17 March 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

View PostTripy998, on 22 May 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

I agree completely on this, that's mostly the reason I did not just jump on the boat to help with that system XD

That moment when you realise you already answered.

Edited by Lupus590, 22 May 2015 - 02:53 PM.

#7 Tripy998

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:40 PM

View PostLupus590, on 22 May 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

View PostTripy998, on 17 March 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

View PostTripy998, on 22 May 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

That moment when you realise you already answered.

OMG XD I have problems sometimes, and one of them is that I keep forgetting I've already responded.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users