• 118 posts
  • LocationI honestly don't know

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:58 AM

Old Post

He's Dead, Dan!

Goodbye CCU4

What Happened?

ccu4 died, thats what happened!

ironically its raining while i write this.

Diagnosis: CCU4 had no chance of surviving since the very start. the idea of a school on the internet was not a bad idea, since major university's have been able to do it. the bad idea was to run a inet school in a video-game that i've seen small children play. things were going good at the start, people were joining. i knew it was going downhill when one of the people whom we had hired was using the program "paint" on a pocket computer to draw pr0n. *cough* scratchthatguys *cough* *cough*. thats when i realized that it was never going to work.

Edited by doublequestionmark, 08 March 2015 - 04:21 PM.

#2 MKlegoman357

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • LocationKaunas, Lithuania

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

So, you want to make CCU happen again, and you say that you think you can make it work. Do you have a plan? Do you have a teaching plan? Whatever it is I would love to be a part of it :P/>/>. I was a part of CCU2 and did a lot to CCU3 to make it happen. I hope you have read some posts on the other CCU's topics. Also, make sure you see this post and read my last post of CCU3.

Edited by MKlegoman357, 04 January 2015 - 06:38 PM.

#3 doublequestionmark

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

MKlegoman357, on 04 January 2015 - 06:36 PM, said:

So, you want to make CCU happen again, and you say that you think you can make it work. Do you have a plan? Do you have a teaching plan? Whatever it is I would love to be a part of it :P/>/>/>. I was a part of CCU2 and did a lot to CCU3 to make it happen. I hope you have read some posts on the other CCU's topics. Also, make sure you see this post and read my last post of CCU3.
You've been accepted! And added to the whitelist
The following part got cut off.
My plan is world domination
My plan would be to have a combination of teachers and teacher-bots. so that when the teachers are offline students could still learn and experiment with computercraft and lua.

Edited by doublequestionmark, 04 January 2015 - 09:27 PM.

#4 cdel

• Banned
  • 496 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:31 AM

I would absolutely love to help in any shape or form if possible, as a server owner on lua land, I have a lot of experience as an administrator and dealing with various types of people.

#5 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:33 AM

A note of caution: every CCU, including mine/Cranium's, thought they could make it work. They couldn't. Do something radically different, or you'll meet the same fate.
Good luck though!

#6 AlexDevs

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Location~

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:41 PM

Waiting for accepting :)!

#7 doublequestionmark

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:00 AM

Sorry to keep you guys waiting, but were trying to prepare the university to the point where you can do something other than play in the park.
also i'm preparing for the ACT test.

#8 cdel

• Banned
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:24 AM

as a computer craft school, I would advise to only use computer craft as more people would participate.

#9 doublequestionmark

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:28 AM

ok opencomputers no longer required

#10 Agent Silence

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • Location[string "FindMe"]:23143: bad argument #1 to 'returnPos' (vector expected, got nil)

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:42 AM

Sounds fun, can I be added to the whitelist?

#11 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:29 PM

my advice? Instead of a focus on scheduled classes, there should be a focus on building interactive tutorials and demos, where players wanting to learn can go through a kind of guided self-study thing at their own pace at any time, with the teachers, and more advanced students, acting as lab assistants when they're around, helping people as needed rather than trying to herd cats students into sitting still through lectures at specific times.

#12 manu_03

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:11 PM

NOTE: I can be a teacher in Basic and Medium Level. In hardlest levels I'll need to be a student.

#13 doublequestionmark

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:36 AM

GopherAtl, on 09 January 2015 - 08:29 PM, said:

my advice? Instead of a focus on scheduled classes, there should be a focus on building interactive tutorials and demos, where players wanting to learn can go through a kind of guided self-study thing at their own pace at any time, with the teachers, and more advanced students, acting as lab assistants when they're around, helping people as needed rather than trying to herd cats students into sitting still through lectures at specific times.
this is roughly what me and liam were thinking.

#14 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:38 AM

doublequestionmark, on 10 January 2015 - 12:36 AM, said:

this is roughly what me and liam were thinking.
Ah, well, then... Carry on.

#15 cdel

• Banned
  • 496 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:41 AM

I would love to be a camera man, I would record every lecture possible, even if it that included a few all nighters.

#16 doublequestionmark

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:40 AM

cdel, on 10 January 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

I would love to be a camera man, I would record every lecture possible, even if it that included a few all nighters.
perfect

#17 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:49 AM

I've signed up as a teacher, not 100% sure how much I can do given time constraints, but I'll give it a shot.

One thing, there are actually timezones beyond UTC +11, specifically New Zealand which is 12/13 hours ahead (depending on daylight savings).

#18 doublequestionmark

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:17 AM

oeed, on 10 January 2015 - 02:49 AM, said:

I've signed up as a teacher, not 100% sure how much I can do given time constraints, but I'll give it a shot.

One thing, there are actually timezones beyond UTC +11, specifically New Zealand which is 12/13 hours ahead (depending on daylight savings).
thanks for the info, i have now fixed it

#19 cdel

• Banned
  • 496 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:27 AM

can I be added to the whitelist possibly?

#20 doublequestionmark

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:37 AM

send us your application(s) to help speed up the server creation time!
Application Submission

also, more screenies!

Edited by doublequestionmark, 10 January 2015 - 03:45 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users